News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

72 virgins? For real dude?

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 16, 2013, 11:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "Belial"why was my cool amoeba taken away? :P I have some weird alien looking guy now.

Oh i have it back now nvm.

When you have 42 posts you get Marvin, the robot from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I was so tempted to stop posting when that came up and keep Marvin forever.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Belial

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"
Quote from: "Belial"why was my cool amoeba taken away? :P I have some weird alien looking guy now.

When you have 42 posts you get Marvin, the robot from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I was so tempted to stop posting when that came up and keep Marvin forever.

haha, why 42?

Jmpty

Quote from: "Belial"
Quote from: "NitzWalsh"

haha, why 42?

You'll have to read the book.  :wink:
???  ??

Bibliofagus

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"
Quote from: "Bibliofagus"Is there any possible characteristic allah could have that you would disapprove of?

Being an atheist?

:lol:
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

Plu

Quote from: "Jmpty"
Quote from: "Belial"
Quote from: "NitzWalsh"When you have 42 posts you get Marvin, the robot from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I was so tempted to stop posting when that came up and keep Marvin forever.

haha, why 42?

You'll have to read the book.  :wink:

If you're accustomed to meaningless answers to deep and big questions, you'll love it!

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "Plu"If you're accustomed to meaningless answers to deep and big questions, you'll love it!

He is Muslim, so he must be.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Belial

"He is Muslim, so he must be."

Ill be nice and edit the post here.

I show up here, not knowing what to expect.  I end finding consistent comments about a number of things.  You have people thinking that the Quran speaks of 72 virgins, or aishas age.

You have people just assuming that all muslims follow bukhari.

You have one guy who sits around arguing against a chosen statement rather than a plethora of comments.

You have some random guy tagging in smart comments like the one quoted at the top.

Its a single topic, an introduction to atheistforums.com, and what I find are a bunch of arrogant fools.  Some are ignorant, some are just childish.  While I am sure not all of you are, it is quite clear that some are, and it doesnt take a theist to see this either.

I have consistently heard other theists say that atheists are often rude, and this forum just suits the stereotype.  

Aint nobody got time fo dat.

Id recommend a lot of you guys go do some reading like the one atheit said.  Some of you could use it, and that is the truth and likely the most valuable lesson of this topic.

feeamanillah.

Plu

StupidWiz

Quote from: "Belial"I can see why theists never come to these forums.  You guys are a bunch of assholes.  :popcorn: On that note, i suppose ill be on my way.

Some of u are complete dumbasses too haha.
You will be missed... not.

Good Riddance.
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

NitzWalsh

I think I insulted him.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"I think I insulted him.
Yeah, you're such a meanie... :rollin:

Jason78

Quote from: "Belial"I have consistently heard other theists say that atheists are often rude, and this forum just suits the stereotype.  

Id recommend a lot of you guys go do some reading like the one atheit said.  Some of you could use it, and that is the truth and likely the most valuable lesson of this topic.

feeamanillah.

You'd be rude too if you had yet another theist coming in, generally lying and presenting opinion and feelings as facts.  The reason that most theists tend to find us rude is because they come in with some outrageous lie, and then get upset when it's pointed out to them.  They then get frustrated when they don't understand the explanation they are given, and they see us as being unpleasant to them.  They then take that frustration out as anger against atheists.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Belial"I have consistently heard other theists say that atheists are often rude, and this forum just suits the stereotype.  

feeamanillah.

You'd be rude too if you had yet another theist coming in, generally lying and presenting opinion and feelings as facts.  The reason that most theists tend to find us rude is because they come in with some outrageous lie, and then get upset when it's pointed out to them.  They then get frustrated when they don't understand the explanation they are given, and they see us as being unpleasant to them.  They then take that frustration out as anger against atheists.

Well, on the bright side, at least he's possibly got 72 virgins waiting for him when he dies.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Plu

Ah, I see he edited his post after my rather short farewell.

Yeah, you probably didn't receive the warmest welcome. (and had you started in another thread, it might have been warmer, since this one was started by the troll of the week)

That said; you aren't treated all that different from all the regulars. We can be quite rude to one another as well in discussions. Part of the atmosphere. Smart-ass remarks are made to everyone. If you can't take that, sucks to be you, but this is not the place for you.

Also, the consistent posting a 3 word post and then coming back later and editing it make you impossible to follow. This discussion would've been completely different had you posted the current version of posts first instead of making a short snipe, waiting for responses, and then coming back in to make a reasonable post with the same stretch.

Bibliofagus

Quote from: "Belial"blabla meany atheists :( I'm gonna go all crybaby now and leave you!!!! (nono Not because of all of  you, just the more impolite ones whom I put all my efforts into because I knew all along wanted to leave here feeling superior.

It's always nice to know my efforts to be friendly and interested were not wasted at all. Thank you.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.