Some New Mannequins designed after disbled people

Started by PickelledEggs, December 10, 2013, 06:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

//http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/new-attention-grabbing-mannequins-are-modeled-after-disabled-public-figures-154283

I actually kind of liked the idea behind this. I thought it was interesting as well to see a different approach to acceptance of people that don't fit the "norm", or what mainstream culture deems acceptable for people to look like, strive to be like, or modeled after.

stromboli

Now they need a mannequin for a stooped back old fart like me. They need to pay attention to their demographics. the population is aging.

AllPurposeAtheist

I feel misrepresented by the lack of mannequins of people about to get bad teeth pulled for dentures. It's sooo unfair. :cry:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

TrueStory

Although the headless, armless and undeveloped genital communities have been represented for years.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Solitary

No!  But they are deaf and dumb. If the armies of the world keep fighting, and using birth defect causing chemicals, radioactive bombs and ammo, we can expect a lot more manikins like these.  :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"But are there autistic mannequins? :)
As an Autist, I'm wonder how that would even look. A mannequin away from all the others, focusing on one type of shirt? Or maybe a mannequin just staring at all the other mannequins to learn how social interaction works?

Yeah, that's actually how I learned to socially interact with other people. I still get confused on some of the finer points of social interaction, but I have it down pretty good now. I just CAN NOT look anyone in the eyes for too long, it's painful.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"
As an Autist, I'm wonder how that would even look. A mannequin away from all the others, focusing on one type of shirt? Or maybe a mannequin just staring at all the other mannequins to learn how social interaction works?

Yeah, that's actually how I learned to socially interact with other people. I still get confused on some of the finer points of social interaction, but I have it down pretty good now. I just CAN NOT look anyone in the eyes for too long, it's painful.
As an Aspie, I think you're over-analyzing the joke. :P

The Skeletal Atheist

Probably. I do like taking things to the logical extreme.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"

I think a mannequin that stared at customers would be hilarious. Imagine a supposively inanimate mannequin that followed your every movement. That would creep the hell out people in the funniest way.

Gerard

This is the second time today I stumble upon a thread where these mysterious little grey spots appear people's posts. Could there be something wrong with the board software?   :-k   :roll:

Gerard

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Gerard"This is the second time today I stumble upon a thread where these mysterious little grey spots appear people's posts. Could there be something wrong with the board software?   :-k   :roll:

Gerard
It's tiny text. You need glasses, my friend. :wink:

Gerard

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "Gerard"This is the second time today I stumble upon a thread where these mysterious little grey spots appear people's posts. Could there be something wrong with the board software?   :-k   :roll:

Gerard
It's tiny text. You need glasses, my friend. :wink:

I knew that. I also know I need reading glasses.... sort off. I just haven't quite cleared the denial phase yet...  8-[

Gerard