If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g2perk

Quote from: trdsf on August 21, 2016, 10:31:36 PM
Either six days, or six thousand years, either way it's demonstrably wrong.  You're welcome to believe it, as long as you understand that it's not in the slightest supported by every single shred of evidence.  You cannot say it's true, you can only say you believe it.
Yes I can say its true for me.  What do you believe in. Don't say anything because if that was true you Would not be wasting your time here. There is only two choices on this earth that matters. Believe or Don't Believe. And I promise you , you are one are the other.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 21, 2016, 10:33:17 PM
1. If God chose one line in a completely different book to explain that 6 days = 6000 years, then why the hell did he tell the writers of his perfect word to write that he did it all in six days in the first place? Does he just like to confuse us?

2. Why does this quote from 2 Peter only apply to the first chapter of Genesis? Matthew 4:2 says, "After fasting forty days and forty nights, he [Jesus] was hungry." Did Jesus fast for 40,000 years?

3. This still wouldn't fix the problem because the universe would be 12,000 years old, the earth itself would be 10,000 years old, and human history would still be a mere 6000 years because Adam and Eve were created on the sixth day. All of these numbers are still much too low to fit with what science has proven to be reality.

4. Does that mean that God also took a 1000 year break after creating Adam? No wonder Adam rebelled. Adam should be commended for his patience in waiting for so long.

5. Who is the "he" you're talking about? What story?
The entire bible is like that, old testament and the New testament go hand in hand with each other. Because everything ties to Jesus Christ. No matter where you are in that book.

The he you asked about was the guy who wrote the article that I initially got the information from.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 07:40:31 AM
The entire bible is like that, old testament and the New testament go hand in hand with each other. Because everything ties to Jesus Christ. No matter where you are in that book.

The he you asked about was the guy who wrote the article that I initially got the information from.

Well, thank you addressing one of my five points.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 07:36:29 AM
Yes I can say its true for me.  What do you believe in. Don't say anything because if that was true you Would not be wasting your time here. There is only two choices on this earth that matters. Believe or Don't Believe. And I promise you , you are one are the other.

True for you? Unfortunately, reality doesn't care what you believe. It's not going to conform to your preferences. So these two choices of yours are not to believe or to not believe, it's to accept reality for what it is or to live in denial.
--Fulke Greville--

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2016, 09:22:16 AM
Well, thank you addressing one of my five points.
Okay blackleaf

1. No god doesn't want us to be confused he does wants us to read the Bible and then put these truths  together.

2. It doesn't just apply to Genesis, that particular chapter is about the coming back of Jesus Christ and the time that he gives you is an illustration of time in heaven.

3. Read Genesis 1 God said the Earth was already in existence it was for me and it was empty.

g2perk

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 09:40:20 AM
Okay blackleaf

1. No god doesn't want us to be confused he does wants us to read the Bible and then put these truths  together.

2. It doesn't just apply to Genesis, that particular chapter is about the coming back of Jesus Christ and the time that he gives you is an illustration of time in heaven.

3. Read Genesis 1 God said the Earth was already in existence it was for me and it was empty.

I meant to say the earth was formless and empty.

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2016, 09:27:58 AM
True for you? Unfortunately, reality doesn't care what you believe. It's not going to conform to your preferences. So these two choices of yours are not to believe or to not believe, it's to accept reality for what it is or to live in denial.
Reality is that we are all going to die. What happens next is the soul purpose of me having faith in Jesus Christ.

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2016, 09:27:58 AM
What man besides Jesus walk this earth and explained to us what happen after death. You understood the Big bang theory and believed that it was or is the beginning of creation and it might be. But God explains the beginning of time and end of time.

You say reality is the only thing that you believe in well explain this. When you feel the wind on your face do you know from where exactly it just came from or exactly where it is going, No the only way you know its around you is if you feel it. God says the same thing about the Holy Spirit. God says we know not from which He comes or where He is going.

Men of God feel the presence of God around us. Can we explain it, No. But we feel Him.

g2perk

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 09:53:51 AM
Reality is that we are all going to die. What happens next is the soul purpose of me having faith in Jesus Christ.

And please give me a better response to the location of the wind like north,south,east,and west.

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 09:40:20 AMOkay blackleaf

So instead of writing it in a way that everyone can easily understand, he constructs it like a jigsaw puzzle. Incidentally, the New Testament says that God does want his message to be confusing so that he can weed out the people he doesn't want.

John 12:40 - "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turnâ€"and I would heal them."

2 Corinthians 4:4 - "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

John 6:65 - "He [Jesus] went on to say, 'This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.'" (This is just after Jesus told people that they would have to eat flesh and drink blood to enter Heaven, which the disciples themselves called a "hard teaching.")

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 09:40:20 AM2. It doesn't just apply to Genesis, that particular chapter is about the coming back of Jesus Christ and the time that he gives you is an illustration of time in heaven.

The point of the passage is that time is meaningless to God. Whether it's a day or a thousand years that pass, it's all the same to God. But what's lacking here is any sort of clue that this applies to the timeline given in the first chapter of Genesis, and how you can then justify not applying it to every verse speaking of the passage of days.

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 09:40:20 AM3. Read Genesis 1 God said the Earth was already in existence it was for me and it was empty.

In other words, it didn't exist. The chapter begins with God hovering over the waters, which he didn't create. He then creates light, which I guess means that the big bang came after the water. Then he takes some of the water and moves it up to make a sky. Then he puts dry ground in the bottom water on the third day, and finally we have a proper planet on the third day. It's also important to note that, according to Genesis 1, the earth didn't even have a star until the end of day four, when he also created the moon and every single star in the universe. So for 1000 years, this one lonely lifeless planet was floating around in an otherwise empty galaxy.

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 09:41:21 AM
I meant to say the earth was formless and empty.

In the upper right corner of your posts, there's a link that says "Modify." Use it to correct your posts rather than make a separate post to correct yourself.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 09:53:51 AM

Yes. We are all going to die. What happens next is all speculation at best. Your belief in the afterlife, specifically the Christian afterlife (ignoring every other possibility), is your way of being in denial about the finality of death.

And another thing. If Jesus died for our sins, why do believers still have to die? Wasn't death Adam's punishment for sin? If you're forgiven, then why are you still being punished?

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 10:18:26 AM
What man besides Jesus walk this earth and explained to us what happen after death. You understood the Big bang theory and believed that it was or is the beginning of creation and it might be. But God explains the beginning of time and end of time.

You say reality is the only thing that you believe in well explain this. When you feel the wind on your face do you know from where exactly it just came from or exactly where it is going, No the only way you know its around you is if you feel it. God says the same thing about the Holy Spirit. God says we know not from which He comes or where He is going.

Men of God feel the presence of God around us. Can we explain it, No. But we feel Him.

Mystery solved. Instruments can be used to study the wind. No such instrument exists for gods. Only imaginations.
--Fulke Greville--

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2016, 10:24:31 AM
So instead of writing it in a way that everyone can easily understand, he constructs it like a jigsaw puzzle. Incidentally, the New Testament says that God does want his message to be confusing so that he can weed out the people he doesn't want.

John 12:40 - "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turnâ€"and I would heal them."

2 Corinthians 4:4 - "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

John 6:65 - "He [Jesus] went on to say, 'This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.'" (This is just after Jesus told people that they would have to eat flesh and drink blood to enter Heaven, which the disciples themselves called a "hard teaching.")

The point of the passage is that time is meaningless to God. Whether it's a day or a thousand years that pass, it's all the same to God. But what's lacking here is any sort of clue that this applies to the timeline given in the first chapter of Genesis, and how you can then justify not applying it to every verse speaking of the passage of days.

In other words, it didn't exist. The chapter begins with God hovering over the waters, which he didn't create. He then creates light, which I guess means that the big bang came after the water. Then he takes some of the water and moves it up to make a sky. Then he puts dry ground in the bottom water on the third day, and finally we have a proper planet on the third day. It's also important to note that, according to Genesis 1, the earth didn't even have a star until the end of day four, when he also created the moon and every single star in the universe. So for 1000 years, this one lonely lifeless planet was floating around in an otherwise empty galaxy.

In the upper right corner of your posts, there's a link that says "Modify." Use it to correct your posts rather than make a separate post to correct yourself.

On I will use that next time thanks. Its hard on the cell phone.

God blinds the eyes of the unbeliever simply because they choose not to believe. You will be able to read it but not understand it. For example: if a piece of equipment is not tried and tested should it be put into production, no because it will mess up everything else. The bible should be taught by those that understand it because if not those preachers will confuse everyone he speaks too.

And no where in the entire bible does God say He wants to confuse his people.  Actually He says He is not the author of confusion. No verse can be taken out of context or even read without reading before and after the intended verse. That is where the confusion comes in.

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2016, 10:34:39 AM
Yes. We are all going to die. What happens next is all speculation at best. Your belief in the afterlife, specifically the Christian afterlife (ignoring every other possibility), is your way of being in denial about the finality of death.

And another thing. If Jesus died for our sins, why do believers still have to die? Wasn't death Adam's punishment for sin? If you're forgiven, then why are you still being punished?

Mystery solved. Instruments can be used to study the wind. No such instrument exists for gods. Only imaginations.

Okay then enlighten me. Is there any other possibility of the afterlife. And actually God says because of Jesus's death we are saved. So death has no dominion over us, its simply a way to transition from this world to the next.

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 22, 2016, 10:39:22 AMOn I will use that next time thanks. Its hard on the cell phone.

God blinds the eyes of the unbeliever simply because they choose not to believe. You will be able to read it but not understand it. For example: if a piece of equipment is not tried and tested should it be put into production, no because it will mess up everything else. The bible should be taught by those that understand it because if not those preachers will confuse everyone he speaks too.

And no where in the entire bible does God say He wants to confuse his people.  Actually He says He is not the author of confusion. No verse can be taken out of context or even read without reading before and after the intended verse. That is where the confusion comes in.

You have it backwards. People didn't believe BECAUSE God hardened their hearts.

The intent of God is made clear here. He hardens the hearts of unbelievers because he doesn't those he didn't predestine for Heaven to turn to him and be healed.

John 6:65 - "He [Jesus] went on to say, 'This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.'"

You talk about context, but I gave you the context for this one. Jesus said that those who followed him would have to eat his flesh and drink his blood to get into Heaven. He gave no explanation to this message, but he said it knowing that many of his followers would be disgusted and leave at the thought of participating in cannibalism. "No one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them" means exactly what it sounds like. The only ones who can come to Jesus, according to the Bible, are those God enables to come to him. All others are predestined for Hell.
--Fulke Greville--