News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheist, know thyself.

Started by pr126, January 21, 2018, 06:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on January 21, 2018, 07:58:23 AM
This happens to be an atheist forum, where the participants are mainly atheist.
The post is about atheism.
Where do you see propaganda here? What is wrong with you?

If this was an African-American site where the participants were mostly African American and you questioned them, do you think you would have the slightest chance of not being banned on your first post? 

Think about that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 24, 2018, 07:10:37 AM
If this was an African-American site where the participants were mostly African American and you questioned them, do you think you would have the slightest chance of not being banned on your first post? 

Think about that.

You would ban everyone, except your cats ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 24, 2018, 07:33:10 AM
You would ban everyone, except your cats ;-)

Missed the point entirely (or ignored it), as usual in favor of the quick jibe.

You think you are safe from questions because "God is on your side" and you must be right.  HE isn't there.  Your beliefs are derived from superstitious crap.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on January 24, 2018, 07:10:37 AM

Think about that.

What point are you making? That these hypothetical african americans are retarded? That you want all atheists to be as retarded as your hypothetical african americans? That banning someone makes one right; that is; that 'might makes right'?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 24, 2018, 01:02:46 PM
Missed the point entirely (or ignored it), as usual in favor of the quick jibe.

You think you are safe from questions because "God is on your side" and you must be right.  HE isn't there.  Your beliefs are derived from superstitious crap.

You are no Jordan Peterson ... so practice your medicine off the back of a wagon with the Circus geek.

Yes, by all means ... if that is what you meant originally, go to an African-American forum and say "Black Is Ugly".  But I don't recommend it.

Yes, might does make right, if you are the DMV clerk from Hell.  Take a number, and get to the end of the line, citizen!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 24, 2018, 01:11:07 PM
What point are you making? That these hypothetical african americans are retarded? That you want all atheists to be as retarded as your hypothetical african americans? That banning someone makes one right; that is; that 'might makes right'?

A bit angry, are we?  My point was that  using SOME examples for the same purpose in an argument, replacing them with others, produces a whole different reaction.  And it shouldn't.

Your reaction sort of proves my point.  I suppose no one will quite understand this and I will get a whole of grief about a logical point.

Maybe I can clarify.  We are all humans out of Africa (well we came from somewhere, right?) and we aren't any different from each other mentally. or physically.  Got it? 

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on January 24, 2018, 01:43:30 PM
My point was that  using SOME examples for the same purpose in an argument, replacing them with others, produces a whole different reaction.  And it shouldn't.

I don't know what it is that you're trying to convey. Your syntax is nonsensical.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 24, 2018, 02:04:02 PM
I don't know what it is that you're trying to convey. Your syntax is nonsensical.

Wow, I've been accused of a lot of things in my life, but not often nonsensical syntax.   Would you point out the specific errors you noticed please?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 24, 2018, 02:04:02 PM
Stereotypes.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 24, 2018, 01:43:30 PM
A bit angry, are we?  My point was that  using SOME examples for the same purpose in an argument, replacing them with others, produces a whole different reaction.  And it shouldn't.

Your reaction sort of proves my point.  I suppose no one will quite understand this and I will get a whole of grief about a logical point.

Maybe I can clarify.  We are all humans out of Africa (well we came from somewhere, right?) and we aren't any different from each other mentally. or physically.  Got it?

Good, I hope all the murderers in my town move in with you (regardless of their skin color) because we are all equal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 24, 2018, 08:16:21 PM
Good, I hope all the murderers in my town move in with you (regardless of their skin color) because we are all equal.

Do you wish to claim that not all people are equal? 

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 01:57:11 AM
Do you wish to claim that not all people are equal?

Everyone's a serial killer, jeffrey dahmer killed all those people and desolved their bodies, I sprayed on some anti bacterial cleaner on my sink and killed all those germs, its all the same thing
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on January 27, 2018, 04:59:39 AM
Everyone's a serial killer, jeffrey dahmer killed all those people and desolved their bodies, I sprayed on some anti bacterial cleaner on my sink and killed all those germs, its all the same thing

Oh, Munch, not everyone is a serial killer.  I've only killed a few myself and not serially.  Long gaps betweem.  Harder to catch that way...   BWA Ha HA...

Munch

Wait, are you saying you don't clean your bathroom that often? :S
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on January 27, 2018, 07:10:05 AM
Wait, are you saying you don't clean your bathroom that often? :S

The bathtub is the easiest thing to clean.  Ceramic tiles and emaneled tub, you know.   The mats went into the washing machine, and Oh I probably shouldn't have put the squirrels into the compost bin. But they will decompose among the kitchen waste, right?