News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: SGOS on July 18, 2020, 02:36:14 PM
Obviously Trump is not going to inflate the data, but it will be compromised.  All we can say is that we will no longer know what the actual rate of infection is from now on.  It's hard to believe there will not be an independent source with unbiased figures to guide us.  Something on the order of that woman from Florida(?) that got fired by the governor for not under reporting the figures.  It's like the Chinese government is in control of all our information.
If it cannot be interpreted by actual scientists/experts, it's not worth a lot. This should be terrifying to everyone in the world.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on July 18, 2020, 03:01:36 PM
If it cannot be interpreted by actual scientists/experts, it's not worth a lot. This should be terrifying to everyone in the world.

Unfortunately, statistics are about estimation ... biased or otherwise.  The only way to get accurate Covid numbers is to test the whole population once a week, and that is then accurate to "once a week" not "once a day" or "once an hour".  The death figures are not based on autopsy.  They are based on hospitals being paid more to report a death "with" Covid than otherwise.  Doing autopsy on all those people would be very expensive, this rarely happens because, time and money.  This is true now and in all pandemics in the past.  What is different is the political response.  It was convenient world wide to respond this way now, rather than how the world responded to Swine flu a few years ago ... part of a 2006 WHO plan that the US agreed to.

So maybe ignorance is bliss?  Do your distancing, masking if you can with an N95, keep yourself healthy.  Nobody can do that for you, especially not some worthless politician.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Baruch on July 18, 2020, 02:15:27 PM
Iran reports unofficially that their official Covid infection rate is low.  Unofficially it is 1/3 of their population.  Based on that, 110 million Americans are infected.  We are getting our herd immunity (at least temporarily with this bio-terror weapon of the CCP and their American allies.

"SECULAR SHARIA" ... what does this "nikab" look to Arabs?  Infidels are embracing Islam.  Allah Akbar!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Rosycheeked_rebel

NULL

Baruch

I have had a few accidents in public like that, but I wasn't wearing a mask.  I was disguised as Bruce Wayne ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

To save lives and businesses, if I was president this is what I would do.

(1) Organise the best epidemiologists from across the country into a task force.
(2) Have them analyze the rate of spread in each governable region based on a universal testing strategy, county by county and appoint local officials
(3) Setup thresholds, rate each region's status and enforceable appropriate actions for each region. Update status every Friday into 1 of 6 levels. These are just my SWAGs, the experts will know better what to do.
    a. no community spread do nothing
    b. mandated social distancing
    c. mandated social distancing and masks
    d. partial shutdown/ no potential super spreader events, do home schooling
    e. moderate shutdown, travel restrictions
    f. full shutdown except for critical services.
(4) Hire and train unemployed workers to contact trace in each region (as appropriate to status)

We will see a trend towards (a) with some setbacks. A 5th measure would be to generate a logistical summary progress report that could be made available to other countries provided they share their data as well. Like it or not, this is a global pandemic.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on July 19, 2020, 07:38:49 AM
To save lives and businesses, if I was president this is what I would do.

(1) Organise the best epidemiologists from across the country into a task force.
(2) Have them analyze the rate of spread in each governable region based on a universal testing strategy, county by county and appoint local officials
(3) Setup thresholds, rate each region's status and enforceable appropriate actions for each region. Update status every Friday into 1 of 6 levels. These are just my SWAGs, the experts will know better what to do.
    a. no community spread do nothing
    b. mandated social distancing
    c. mandated social distancing and masks
    d. partial shutdown/ no potential super spreader events, do home schooling
    e. moderate shutdown, travel restrictions
    f. full shutdown except for critical services.
(4) Hire and train unemployed workers to contact trace in each region (as appropriate to status)

We will see a trend towards (a) with some setbacks. A 5th measure would be to generate a logistical summary progress report that could be made available to other countries provided they share their data as well. Like it or not, this is a global pandemic.

A certainty--the orange monster will/is doing the exact opposite.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

"Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield says the controversial new process, which calls on hospitals to send capacity and utilization data via the HHS Protect system, was made with CDC support." ... proof the CDC is run by traitorous orange Nazis .... aieee.

@MikeCL ... what bothers you most, is how similar we are.  You have Orange Nazis under your bed.  I have Blue Commies under my bed ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

The only thing Trump cares about is how this virus makes him look. Because, you know, the American people have never been known to stand behind a President who leads them through tragedy. Remember how everybody hated George W. Bush after 9/11 and he got voted out of office? This couldn't possibly have anything to do with Trump's leadership skills.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on July 19, 2020, 07:38:49 AMTo save lives and businesses, if I was president this is what I would do.
That's pretty much what every country with decent leadership did.  Sad to say, we are not one of those countries.

Hydra009

Case in point:  Florida Gov won't close gyms

QuoteGov. Ron DeSantis on Friday said he is not closing gyms because he thinks people who go to them are “even less at risk for the coronavirus” because they are staying healthy and working out.
1) Not everyone who goes to the gym is healthy

2) healthy people can still get very, very sick

In fairness to DeSantis, he qualified it to by saying that IF people are under age 50 and in good shape (a fairly big if in Florida), they have a “very, very, low likelihood of ending up in significant conditions as a result of the coronavirus.”

Let's say, for argument's sake, that the gyms only let in people who are under 50 and in good shape.  And let's say that after 3 months, only .1% of those people are going to have significant covid related health problems.  If you let in 5 million people, that's 5,000 people whose lives are ruined.

Or you could keep the gyms closed and have people exercise in their backyard for a few months.

Gee, I wonder which call is more responsible in this sort of situation?

Baruch

"Dr. Fauci Touts NY As Model Of "Success" As Democrat Policy Literally DESTROYS The City, People FL.."... no credibility.  Cuomo and De Blasio did horrible.  Dr Death is a senile shill for the CCP.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

After months and months and months...even caring, responsible people get tired of all the precautions and slip up sometimes. I taped a paper sign to my front door to remind myself that my state has case numbers exploding and the US death rate is worse than WWII. Thoughts are fine, prayers...no thanks

Baruch

Hopefully the Chinese bio-terror weapons will kill all the Rs and Ds.  Us Independents will rejoice (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.