News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

I also will not be surprised when the public will be allowed to buy more types of guns--good times to be an arms dealer in the USA (but then, when was that not the case??).
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 12, 2020, 09:08:31 AM
I also will not be surprised when the public will be allowed to buy more types of guns--good times to be an arms dealer in the USA (but then, when was that not the case??).

Fear is its own virus.  All politicians are carriers of that virus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Poll Finds That 9 Out Of 10 Brits Want Lockdown To Carry On" ... some of you have to get back to work, but we do have the meme that y'all prefer Labour welfare ;-)

"London's Trains Packed With Commuters As PM Johnson Lifts 'Stay Home' Order" ... how to do distancing on subways, trains and busses?

"US Army To Develop Wearable COVID-19 Detectors" ... cost is no object, so maybe doable

"Riots Return To France's No-Go Zones" ... France returning to normal, where their drug dealing ghettos resume drug dealing
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

It only takes one viewing of “people of Walmart-mart” to realize wanting the general public to open carry, is a very...very scary idea.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on May 12, 2020, 10:11:22 AM
It only takes one viewing of “people of Walmart-mart” to realize wanting the general public to open carry, is a very...very scary idea.

Yes, and we even allow those low-brows vote!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Sitrep 5/11 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  18,196 (decreased, comparable to 3/27)
New deaths (daily): 1,008 (decreased, comparable to 3/31)
Currently infected: 1,041,814 (increased)

Good news.  It looks like we really are turning the corner nationally.  We might even get daily deaths in the triple digits soon.  Thank goodness for small mercies, eh?

NC:

We don't seem to be peaking so much as plateauing.  Looks like it's going to be another long month.  :(

Munch

In some positive news, needed my prescription from the chemist for my insulin. Phoned them but the usual delivery service I pay £5 was fully booked. However the chemist gave me a number for a volunteer service who are helping more vulnerable people in my area, doing prescription and food pickups for the elderly and medically vulnerable.
Woman called wendy phoned me and picked it up, got round here in an hour after. Nice woman, had a quick chat 3 meters apart and thanked her a ton.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52620015

I say, I can understand the fear and trepidation of whats happening over where you guys are in the states, from idiot protests and defying lockdown to trumps handling of it, the uncertainty must be pretty scary at times.

However, its better where you are, then somewhere like russia. The idea of having a leader who stops a lockdown when cases are still rising is just awful. 

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on May 12, 2020, 02:51:25 PM

I say, I can understand the fear and trepidation of whats happening over where you guys are in the states, from idiot protests and defying lockdown to trumps handling of it, the uncertainty must be pretty scary at times.

However, its better where you are, then somewhere like russia. The idea of having a leader who stops a lockdown when cases are still rising is just awful. 
It's pretty scary.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 12, 2020, 02:51:25 PM

What about all those Russian doctors who have gotten defenestrated?  From 2nd floor windows?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"NY Reports 93 Children Sick With 'Mysterious COVID-19-Linked Respiratory Syndrome'" ... similar to Kawasaki syndrome.  New autoimmune response?

"Here Are All The Chinese "Propaganda" Centers Currently Operating In The US" ... you can't take my fried rice away from my Covid dead hands (sarc)

"Dr. Fauci Raises Vaccine Trial "Safety Concerns", Says Remdesivir Has Been "Modest Success"" ... this was an existing concoction.  Work on a new vaccine continues.

"Town Protests Working-Conditions At Nebraska Meat Plant, Workers Too Scared To Return" ... no meat for you, but we are still exporting meat to China

"Futures, Yields, Yuan Tumble As GOP Senate Intros China Sanctions Bill" ... I predict the Red Chinese Dems will block this (sarc).  Yuan isn't worth the bat wings it is made of?

"As Fed Recoils From NIRP Trump Says US Should "Accept" Negative Rates, "Boxing In" Powell" ... Powell is head of Fed Reserve.  Trump isn't an economist.

"Thousands Of Brits Are Dying At Home Due To The Lockdown" ... fear of the hospital is a mind killer.  This isn't new.  People have correctly been afraid of nosocomial infection for a long time now.

PS ...

"FBI ARRESTS ANOTHER PROFESSOR FOR BEING PAID BY CHINA IN SECRET, PROF TRIED TO HIDE IT" ... they must have thought he was working for Trump ;-)  Professor in Arkansas ... so connected to the Clintons?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on May 12, 2020, 03:50:45 PM
What about all those Russian doctors who have gotten defenestrated?  From 2nd floor windows?

They never existed, and one can never prove it!

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 12, 2020, 03:55:49 PM
They never existed, and one can never prove it!

Da Comrade!  You vill be promoted to Soviet Medical Institute STAT!  Loyalty is prime requirement for Lysenko Medicine.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on May 12, 2020, 02:51:25 PMI say, I can understand the fear and trepidation of whats happening over where you guys are in the states, from idiot protests and defying lockdown to trumps handling of it, the uncertainty must be pretty scary at times.
The uncertainty is really the worst part.  We've endured tough stuff before, hurricanes and heat waves and even that year where Justin Bieber was everywhere.

But this is a whole new ball game.  No one knows the full extent of what's going on, when it's going to be over, how to move forward afterwards.  And the worst part is that no one's really in charge and that barely matters anyway because some people aren't listening and just acting however they want to act.  Most people in my experience have decent common sense and act in a sensible way, but some people...covidiots is perhaps too generous a term.  Psychos.  Sociopaths.  Karens.

Instead of dealing with this is a calm, orderly way - it's just everyone for himself.  For the most part, my day-to-day is idyllic - I have enough food, I have power (though that flickers sometimes), I have internet (also flickers sometimes).  But when I have to make a trip to town, usually for medicine - I have to mentally steel myself for a dangerous situation.  Everyone's on edge.  Most people are decent, but there are a noticeable few who don't have a grip on reality and put other people in danger.  I try to give them a wide birth.  Every time I come back, I wash myself thoroughly and worry that I might have contracted it.  And I don't worry so much about me as I do my family, some of them are older and this absolutely could send them to the hospital.  Really scary stuff.

So here I sit, eating pizza and watching movies, worried.  I shouldn't have a care in world, but I'm sick with worry.  I can't help it.