News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 06, 2020, 09:09:23 AM
This is pie-in-the-sky thinking, but the first responders/health workers need the vaccine first.  Then the most at risk (elderly and compromised health wise) and then the poor.  The poor?  They are the pool that is hardest hit because they are poor.  Have to be out and about to just gather enough to survive.  That makes that pool the the pool that spreads it the fastest.  But that won't happen--as always the 1% will get their way.
This also falls under the argument for "slowing the spread" because ghettos are super spreaders.  This was actually touched on in the article.  I think it's a better argument, because if focuses on national health, rather than identity politics.

Baruch

"Rich People & Journalists Made Exempt From Having To Enter COVID Quarantine In UK" ... similar to D-politician special status in the US

"Mayor Garcetti Bans Walking As Latest LA Lockdown Begins" - but they won't ban flying, due to all the LSD use there ;-)

"Russia rolls out Sputnik V vaccine" .. oh no, another missile gap.  Where is President Eisenhower?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

NC is up to 6,000+ cases per day, which is absolutely bonkers considering just a couple months ago, that was a little over 1,000.
My county has more than doubled over the past month.  That graph is shooting straight up.  Despite that, it's still one of the better counties in the state.  Yikes.

NC now has 10% of covid tests coming back positive, which is a worrying increase over its ~6% for much of the year.

So what's been going on to cause this entirely preventable calamity?

Well, here's a church in Missouri:

And of course, the superspreader in chief:

Baruch

Yep, Trump is the creator of all bio-weapons, to kill our dear communist comrades ;-)  Xi Jin Ping approves this message ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

At the risk of repeating myself, we are a deeply, DEEPLY stupid people. Holy shit.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

The other side of the coin:  "Fauci Effect" leads to record number of medical school applications.  +18% compared to last year.

We've had a similar occupational rush before - after 9/11, more people signed up for the military

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 07, 2020, 03:51:48 PM
The other side of the coin:  "Fauci Effect" leads to record number of medical school applications.  +18% compared to last year.

We've had a similar occupational rush before - after 9/11, more people signed up for the military

They need to apply to Chinese medical schools ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

You guys remember Rebekah Jones, a Florida official who was previously in charge of Florida's coronavirus dashboard and was ousted allegedly for refusing to falsify data?  Well, she's been running a rogue dashboard for months.

I thought the story would end there.  I was wrong.

She was just subject to a government raid

Definitely a lot of he-said-she-said here with both sides giving very different descriptions of events.  The natural inclination is to accept police accounts at face value, and I won't blame you if you do, but this year's events have certainly had a lot of people thinking twice about that approach.  So let's hear the defendant's case first, shall we?

Quote[Authorities allege that Jones] sent a group text Nov. 10 telling people that it was "time to speak up before another 17,000 people are dead."

"You know this is wrong," the text said, according to the warrant. "You don't have to be part of this. Be a hero. Speak out before it's too late."
She denied sending that text and said she hadn't been on that government network for over 6 months, presumably since she left her job.

QuoteThe investigator, Noel Pratts, said the agents raided Jones' home in Tallahassee in search of computer hardware and electronics.

QuoteJones posted video of the raid Monday and said state police "pointed a gun in my face."

"They pointed guns at my kids," she said.
Here's the video in question.  Rebekah Jones is seen surrendering to the cops at the door.  She informs them that her husband and two kids are in the house.  Several officers are seen entering with guns drawn and ready to fire while calling for the husband to come down the stairs.

According to the authorities, they both called and knocked ahead of time so it's certainly a bit odd that Mrs Jones was at the downstairs door while Mr Jones was upstairs.  People tend to not want to split up when the feds come a-knocking.

And presumably, the authorities merely wanted Rebekah Jones off the private network (how hard is it to just ban her account and/or revoke her credentials?), so it's odd that they came in with guns raised to seize computer equipment.  Seems a bit overkill, no?

Let's say that this was a show of force designed to intimidate someone for their activism.  In that case, the authorities' actions make perfect sense.

We'll have to wait for further details to know which one it truly was, but it's certainly a chilling incident with a chilling effect.

Edit - another source has this rather juicy additional detail:

QuoteShe told CNN she had come to the conclusion that the raid had been motivated by a desire to root out her source within the state bureaucracy, which is why police took away her phone. “On my phone is every communication I have ever had with someone who works with the state who has come to me in confidence and told me things that could get them fired,” she said.
Apparently, they were just raiding her to get to her ally/allies in the bureaucracy.  I wondered why she referred to them as gestapo.  Now that term makes a lot more sense.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 08, 2020, 02:15:54 AM
The natural inclination is to accept police accounts at face value, and I won't blame you if you do,
Two years ago, I would have assumed the story was incomplete, but of course almost all stories of this nature are incomplete, and I would have thought the police were justified in ways that that I could not possibly know.  Today, I see this as the actions of a police state violating the 1st Amendment.  And guns draw is totally a jack booted abuse against peaceful protest.  Hey, maybe there is more to it, but in the last year our "nation's finest" have lost all credibility.

SGOS

When the authorities show up to drag Trump out of the White House, they won't be drawing their guns, regardless of the fact that Trump is mentally unstable, and a greater risk than some woman with a smart phone.

Baruch

""V-Day" Arrives In UK - 2nd Patient Vaccinated Is 81-Year-Old Man Named "William Shakespeare"" ... the Bard of Avon has to be a log older than 81!

"The Chinese have handled this thing very poorly with a lack of transparency in an attempt to capitalize on the virus to gain a geopolitical advantage over their neighbors, the United States, and other countries." ... asymmetric warfare.  A big win for Democrats ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

More than 40 covid patients receive care in a converted parking garage

This because the nearby Reno hospital was already operating at max capacity.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 08, 2020, 11:40:38 AM

More than 40 covid patients receive care in a converted parking garage

This because the nearby Reno hospital was already operating at max capacity.

Hoax! Liberals are just trying to destroy America by pretending a bunch of people are dying.

Fucking Hell, I'm tired of living in a world where people are stupid enough to believe Covid is just made up. My faith in humanity was pretty low already, but after this year, it's below sea level. Somebody invent interdimensional travel and get me out of this dumbest timeline.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Hoax in NYC ... Cuomo never used the tent hospital or the hospital ship ;-)  He sent the sick to the nursing homes to get rid of excess elderly ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Based on office chit chat, I estimate approximately half of my hospital coworkers are choosing not to get the COVID vaccine when it becomes available because they are concerned "it hasn't been tested enough" or "there could be side effects." I understand the anxiety of trying a new medical intervention but few of my coworkers appear to even know how an mRNA vaccine works, so their fear isn't based on facts. Imagine how difficult it will be convincing the general public to get the vaccine when people who are supposedly educated and work in healthcare won't do it. Hopefully, as people are vaccinated and others see it isn't dangerous they will feel less fearful and choose to take the vaccine.

Understanding and Explaining mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines