News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anyone See Black Widow Yet?

Started by SGOS, July 10, 2021, 08:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 14, 2021, 07:07:12 AM
Despite being casual, she also seemed on guard.  Afaik, this is the only time after his mind septer mind control that the two have had any sort of tension.
Meeting out of control mass killer you would be chill?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Saw it last off the google chrome. Fun movie…since I don’t follow comics I have no idea who the “dad” was supposed to be for a guy with near super human strength. Non the less, it was a fun watch. But again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar…..I watched it, enjoyed it, couldn’t tell you a damn thing about anything else. Still a solid 7 maybe 8…so not so solid…😁
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: aitm on July 14, 2021, 07:33:35 PMSaw it last off the google chrome. Fun movie…since I don’t follow comics I have no idea who the “dad” was supposed to be for a guy with near super human strength.
Crimson Dynamo!  :P

Nah, that's not quite right.  But that's a real character from the comics.  Sort of a Commie Iron Man, who eventually defects and periodically helps Iron Man fight Titanium Man, who is a much more brutish and ruthless Commie Iron Man.

I gave out an audible "Oooh!" when I heard that name drop in theaters.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 14, 2021, 02:43:02 PM
Meeting out of control mass killer you would be chill?

He was not killing innocent people. He was targeting criminals. Did he need to kill them? No, but he's not going to just murder one of his friends just because he's cutting down the Yakuza.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 15, 2021, 02:45:20 AM
He was not killing innocent people. He was targeting criminals. Did he need to kill them? No, but he's not going to just murder one of his friends just because he's cutting down the Yakuza.
Spree killing by any other name...
PZ Myers

SGOS

One thing I really enjoyed in Black Widow was the two sisters making a mockery of how you're supposed to look when you land on the ground after jumping from the top of a building.  The first time I saw a superhero do this, I thought it was quite dramatic, but then every one of them had to do it, and now I want to scream at them and warn them that they're going to pull a muscle in their groin, and end up out of commission for a few weeks.

And don't get me started on superheroes watching over the city from the edge of some tall building.  Marvel is not above overusing such a cliche', but I'll give them credit for also making fun of their own nonsense at times.

Gawdzilla Sama

Kate Beckinsale owed that watcher thing.
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 16, 2021, 09:34:17 AM
Kate Beckinsale owed that watcher thing.
I love that actress, but I never followed her supernatural films. I didn't know she started that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on July 16, 2021, 10:28:04 AM
I love that actress, but I never followed her supernatural films. I didn't know she started that.
If you want to see ... more ... of her check out "The Haunting".
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 16, 2021, 10:52:00 AM
If you want to see ... more ... of her check out "The Haunting".
Good enough.  But when I went to check this out, there is a film by that name, but it's another cast.  There is a 1995 film, simply called Haunted, and she is in it.  Is that the one?

sasuke

Hydra009

I knew the source before clicking.  Suffice it to say that he'd find a way to complain about winning the lottery.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on July 16, 2021, 01:03:22 PM
Good enough.  But when I went to check this out, there is a film by that name, but it's another cast.  There is a 1995 film, simply called Haunted, and she is in it.  Is that the one?
Probably. I saw it years ago, so you're closer than I am.
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 17, 2021, 07:23:36 AM
Probably. I saw it years ago, so you're closer than I am.
The DVD is considered rare, and even my best source (ebay) is selling those things for in the $50 range.  I found one from Region 2 in English and French, subtitled in French for $15, and it is shipped from France.  Years ago, I saw one of the Underworld Movies, and didn't care for it, so I never bothered with another, and so lost track of Beckinsale, although I think she is a good actress.