Here Is The Guy We Want To Be President----NOT!

Started by Solitary, October 14, 2015, 12:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/ben-carson-it-takes-lot-more-faith-believe-evolution-believe-god-evolution
Dr. Ben Carson, a pediatric neurosurgeon, a member of the distinguished National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine, and the author of six best selling books, said that it takes faith to believe in God and to believe in evolution because both are “religion,” and he stressed that it requires “a lot more faith to believe in evolution.”
“I think it’s quite evident from what you’ve seen tonight, it takes faith to believe in God, it takes faith to believe in evolution,” said Dr. Carson during a speech at the Celebration of Creation conference, as reported by the Adventist News Network.
“I think it takes a lot more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in God,” he said.   I sure wouldn't have wanted this man to take care of my  children.  :1rij: :32: And I sure wouldn't want him to be President either. The Republican candidates scare the crap out of me with their ignorance, no matter how educated they are, they are idiots.

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

NakedTracyBlack

No, it takes less faith because there's actual evidence for evolution.

AllPurposeAtheist

Carson is going nowhere. He gets the momentary boost in the polls, but that's it. Both HRC AND Bernie would shread him in a general election and the GOP knows that.   
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quotethe Celebration of Creation conference, as reported by the Adventist News Network.
That's a thing now?  I think they misspelled church service as conference.

Munch

And I thought ukip was bad.. the uk parliamentary candidates were like marshmallows compared to this asshat.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb1LgGlk3tw

This latest foray into pseudoscience - apparently by a distinguished scientist - is nothing new.  But damn, this embarrassment wants to be prez?  Maybe prez of ISIS (who are equally pro-creationism and against evolution), but president of a country that despite a relatively high population of creationists (aka morons) has handed creationists political defeat after defeat?  Even the trojan horse of Intelligent Design got soundly defeated.  The Republicans aren't just backing the wrong horse on this issue.  They're backing a long dead one.

GSOgymrat

I would rather have Trump as president than Carson... I'm completely serious. Anyone who doesn't believe in evolution, suggests we need to "tithe" to the government and who thinks everyone would be safer if we were all walking around armed is not who I want for president. His plans to dissolve my marriage because it "disrespects God" and leads to polygamy don't endear me to him either. He's really clear that government should be run in accordance with Christian values and biblical teachings.

trdsf

The only thing I want from my doctor that's intelligently designed is any prescription she might give me.

Carson is proof that you can be intelligent enough for an advanced degree, and still be pig-ignorant.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Termin

This argument  trying to make evolution a religion is nothing more than an attempt to stop it from being taught in schools. Hovind is a blatant proponent of this.

Argument from petulance.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Hijiri Byakuren

"Your argument is no better than mine!" And this is supposed to make your side look better?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on October 15, 2015, 12:47:59 PM
And I thought ukip was bad.. the uk parliamentary candidates were like marshmallows compared to this asshat.

USA #1, USA #1 ... yes, Brits etc ... America is better ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 15, 2015, 01:25:50 PM
I would rather have Trump as president than Carson... I'm completely serious. Anyone who doesn't believe in evolution, suggests we need to "tithe" to the government and who thinks everyone would be safer if we were all walking around armed is not who I want for president. His plans to dissolve my marriage because it "disrespects God" and leads to polygamy don't endear me to him either. He's really clear that government should be run in accordance with Christian values and biblical teachings.

Polygamy is biblical, as is slavery.  Jesus was un-Biblical by not getting married and making more Jewish fighters, and by not keeping Gentile slaves.  Can any religion be saved by the ignorance of its followers?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Remember last time we had a "flavor of the month" being the temporary opposition to Romney?

This time it is Trump, and Carson is the current flavor.  He'll fade.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!