How many on the forum live with their parents?

Started by mykcob4, December 12, 2013, 09:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

"Solitary"]My youngest son who is 43 lives with my wife and I, and is married to a sweet heart in the Netherlands and was unable to go back because of health problems.  :(  Solitary
I wasn't asking about your son sir. I understand paople have different situations. This thread is about motivations not situations.
I have a friend in California that is nearly forty that lives with his parents. I don't judge him for that situation at all, just as I don't judge the homeless.

I realize you weren't talking about my son, but I would think his medical problems are a motivation, and I posted it because I thought that was what you were looking for, why people live at home.  :roll:  Solitary
I know enough about you to understand that there is a logic reason for everything that you do.

Thank you! But I can assure you that I m not always logical in what I do.  :oops:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Fidel_Castronaut

1) Do you pay rent? no, we've got a mortgage
2) Do you parents pay for your existance or help subsidize it in anyway or completely?We were gifted money for a  deposit. Fortunately our apartment has appreciated in value to the point where we could afford to sell, repay the gift and place a deposit down on a new place. Luck I guess
3) How old are you?mid 20s
4) If you live with your parents or a parent and you're over 21....why?
interesting social question in the UK. I'm too tired and lazy to post it in full now, but the costs of housing here are generally astronomical, especially in readers that aren't total shit holes. I think the last time I checked the average age of a man getting his own place (ie with a mortgage) was mid 30s.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

leo

Quote from: "Harbinger"I live with my fiancé.
Welcome back ! Good to see you around!
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Jmpty

My wife's parents live with us, because they're broke.
???  ??

SilentFutility

Quick googling and some very rough numbers revealed that the average UK house price is about 10 times the average yearly take home pay.
lol.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "mykcob4"I'm not complaining at all. You just want a fight, which makes NO sense whatsoever.

No, I don't.  I'm just making an observation based on your behavior.  I'm certainly not going to argue with you over the obvious.
My behavior? Now you're just being condescending. And you ARE arguing. That is all you've done on this thread is argue, and then claim that I am agruing with you. You intiated a post to me that was just an attempt at a dressing down. I explained why I made the OP which had nothing to do with what you thought it was for. Now you are desperately trying to save face with condescending comments and inappropriate BEHAVIOR.
I offered a carrot to you but you persisted in your childish BEHAVIOR.
So yes all you want to do is argue. You want a target to vent you personal frustrations.
Heres the scoop pal. THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. Read through it again and TRY to understand what is going on.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Harbinger"1) Do you pay rent? no, we've got a mortgage
2) Do you parents pay for your existance or help subsidize it in anyway or completely?We were gifted money for a  deposit. Fortunately our apartment has appreciated in value to the point where we could afford to sell, repay the gift and place a deposit down on a new place. Luck I guess
3) How old are you?mid 20s
4) If you live with your parents or a parent and you're over 21....why?
interesting social question in the UK. I'm too tired and lazy to post it in full now, but the costs of housing here are generally astronomical, especially in readers that aren't total shit holes. I think the last time I checked the average age of a man getting his own place (ie with a mortgage) was mid 30s.
I thought about moving to Oxford once. There was no place I wanted to live there that I could have possibly afforded and I would miss Major League Baseball and the NBA too much. Since that time my parents health have failed and I have to pay for them so it is clearly an impossiblity. Also the UK doesn't seem to recognize retirement. I guess noone goes to the UK when they retire. The VISA that I would need to have a long stay in the UK doesn't exist.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Jmpty"My wife's parents live with us, because they're broke.
As are more and more of the elderly. You can thank the corrupt corporations and the repubes for that. Their attack on "entitlements" and Social Security have gutted the finances of the elderly. The president is correct in trying to fix medical cost. Insurance is just a scam (they hardly pay for anything) and medical cost are completely out of control and unrealistic.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "mykcob4"My behavior? Now you're just being condescending. And you ARE arguing. That is all you've done on this thread is argue, and then claim that I am agruing with you. You intiated a post to me that was just an attempt at a dressing down. I explained why I made the OP which had nothing to do with what you thought it was for. Now you are desperately trying to save face with condescending comments and inappropriate BEHAVIOR.

Uh, no, I'm not being condescending.  If you'd like me to be so, I'll happily oblige you.  But you've read me wrong here. I personally don't buy your explanation, but hey, that's fine.  If that's why you say you started this thread, have at it.

Quote from: "mykcob4"So yes all you want to do is argue. You want a target to vent you personal frustrations.

Nice try, Dr Phil. Problem with your hypothesis is that I'm not frustrated. I just shared my opinion, you didn't like it, and hey-ho, here we are.

Quote from: "mykcob4"Heres the scoop pal. THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. Read through it again and TRY to understand what is going on.

Again, I read your explanation.  I just find it very unconvincing. Don't like my opinion?  Tough shit.  Not everyone is going to agree with you, and no one here is under any obligation to turn off their skepticism regarding your explanations.

I think it's pretty sad you're getting this worked up over my point, but hey, this is the Internet.  I shouldn't be surprised.

If you don't like my opinions, feel free to put me on ignore.  If you need help using that feature, let me know, I'll help you out.

eta: That's condescension.   8-)
<insert witty aphorism here>

mykcob4

Quote from: "mykcob4"My behavior? Now you're just being condescending. And you ARE arguing. That is all you've done on this thread is argue, and then claim that I am agruing with you. You intiated a post to me that was just an attempt at a dressing down. I explained why I made the OP which had nothing to do with what you thought it was for. Now you are desperately trying to save face with condescending comments and inappropriate BEHAVIOR.

Uh, no, I'm not being condescending.  If you'd like me to be so, I'll happily oblige you.  But you've read me wrong here. I personally don't buy your explanation, but hey, that's fine.  If that's why you say you started this thread, have at it.

Quote from: "mykcob4"So yes all you want to do is argue. You want a target to vent you personal frustrations.

Nice try, Dr Phil. Problem with your hypothesis is that I'm not frustrated. I just shared my opinion, you didn't like it, and hey-ho, here we are.

Quote from: "mykcob4"Heres the scoop pal. THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. Read through it again and TRY to understand what is going on.

Again, I read your explanation.  I just find it very unconvincing. Don't like my opinion?  Tough shit.  Not everyone is going to agree with you, and no one here is under any obligation to turn off their skepticism regarding your explanations.

I think it's pretty sad you're getting this worked up over my point, but hey, this is the Internet.  I shouldn't be surprised.

If you don't like my opinions, feel free to put me on ignore.  If you need help using that feature, let me know, I'll help you out.

eta: That's condescension.   8-)
Enough already. I have enough information to properly consider you a fool. I didn't even read all of your last post because I know it is just nonsense
You act as if you are a religious zealot, with about as much sense as a religious zealot. Get a grip.
Yeah you know what you don't like MY statements tough shit. It flows both ways mack...both ways!

Solitary

:popcorn: Damned! And I thought I get a lot of crap here by being misunderstood. Carry on! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "mykcob4"Enough already. I have enough information to properly consider you a fool. I didn't even read all of your last post because I know it is just nonsense
You act as if you are a religious zealot, with about as much sense as a religious zealot. Get a grip.

lol, you cannot even finish reading a post because it disagrees with you. I have an opinion, and you don't like it.  You'll live.

Also, you're pretty funny trying to lay "religious zealot" as a trope here.  I guess that's the insult du  jour on an atheist forum?  Golly, that hurts -- hurts, I tell you.

Quote from: "mykcob4"Yeah you know what you don't like MY statements tough shit. It flows both ways mack...both ways!

I'll let you know when I start a thread questioning your standing to question me (like you've done here), so that you too can voice your opinion.  For everyone I've pissed off, you'll have to take a number and stand in line, kid.

mykcob4

Quote from: "mykcob4"Enough already. I have enough information to properly consider you a fool. I didn't even read all of your last post because I know it is just nonsense

lol, you cannot even finish reading a post because it disagrees with you. I have an opinion, and you don't like it.  You'll live.

Also, you're pretty funny trying to lay "religious zealot" as a trope here.  I guess that's the insult du  jour on an atheist forum?  Golly, that hurts -- hurts, I tell you.

Quote from: "mykcob4"Yeah you know what you don't like MY statements tough shit. It flows both ways mack...both ways!

I'll let you know when I start a thread questioning your standing to question me (like you've done here), so that you too can voice your opinion.  For everyone I've pissed off, you'll have to take a number and stand in line, kid.
BLAH BLAH BLAH....Whatever child.

frosty

There is no winning in arguments on the Interwebz. Only butthurt feelings and the wasting of time.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "mykcob4"BLAH BLAH BLAH....Whatever child.

Okey-dokey.   :rollin:  :rollin:

Quote from: "frosty"There is no winning in arguments on the Interwebz. Only butthurt feelings and the wasting of time.

Which is exactly why I'm not arguing with Cob here. Pearls, swine, etc etc.