News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Capitalism in two lines

Started by Plu, December 17, 2013, 08:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: "SGOS""Man, that is a shitty t-shirt. I'll charge you ten bucks for it, more if I can get it."

I don't agree with that. It let's the consumer off the hook and someone is responsible for all of these Fast and Furious movies. It ain't me.

SGOS

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "SGOS""Man, that is a shitty t-shirt. I'll charge you ten bucks for it, more if I can get it."

I don't agree with that. It let's the consumer off the hook and someone is responsible for all of these Fast and Furious movies. It ain't me.
Well, you're right about that.  I myself have passed on Fast and Furious, even when the rest of the movies were mediocre.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "the_antithesis"

Yes the consumer is ultimately responsible. But you live in a society that constantly bombards you with the idea that if you buy this item, and at a discount price, your life will be better. Then again, if you don't buy, you're sinking the economy as aggregate  demand goes down, the unemployment rate goes up, and how can you be that selfish?!??! See, you buy, you're a winner; you don't, you're a loser.

Now, try to change that paradigm. Go luck.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "Plu"I've been stuck with this in my head, so I'd like to hear opinions. It seems to sum up the concept behind capitalism really well, as well as explain many of the things we're experiencing because of it.

QuoteCapitalism is turning money into more money. Everything else is overhead.

Ummmm, no.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Jason78

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"Ummmm, no.

Can you elaborate on that?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato