Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 06, 2016, 04:16:18 AM
I doubt that is real.  The biceps look too fake.  I do hope his arms explode though.  LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJnikfx-C14

I highly recommend don't eat before or during watching this..
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

That one is turned away from the camera.  You don't want to see that it actually is a woman, a feminist to be exact ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on November 06, 2016, 07:01:16 AM
That one is turned away from the camera.  You don't want to see that it actually is a woman, a feminist to be exact ;-)

oh Nooo :S

SGOS

As a kid in early high school, I got into the muscle builder thing.  I used to read the muscle magazines regularly, waiting each month for the next issue.  They would often print articles about Mr. America and Mr. Universe, including pictures of the winners and runners up.  They were impressive bodies, although not by today's more massive standards.

Anyway, one day, the previous year's Mr. Universe was scheduled to show up at our local sporting goods store to promote interest in buying weight training equipment.  It wasn't well attended, maybe 15 kids my age were there for the time I spent watching him demonstrate some simple techniques for training.

He wasn't at all as impressive as his magazine photos.  Mostly he was just your well proportioned and somewhat more than average muscled guy, lacking that definition of veins and ripples that strike terror into those looking at guys like Gregg Valentino.  One of the older kids authoritatively told me later when I mentioned it, that those guys go back to normal when they quit training.  The rumor back then was that they got fat, but I think that was mostly old wives tales.

The guy I met was much closer to average and well proportioned.  The concept of steroids were unknown to me at the time, and I don't remember them ever being talked about in sports.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Cavebear on November 06, 2016, 04:16:18 AM
I doubt that is real.  The biceps look too fake.  I do hope his arms explode though.  LOL!
No, it's real. They did a documentary on him called "The Man Whose Arms Exploded."
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on November 06, 2016, 06:31:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJnikfx-C14

I highly recommend don't eat before or during watching this..

I couldn't finish it.  I could have, sure, but it was more disgusting than what I was in the mood for.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on November 06, 2016, 08:55:11 AM

He wasn't at all as impressive as his magazine photos.  Mostly he was just your well proportioned and somewhat more than average muscled guy, lacking that definition of veins and ripples that strike terror into those looking at guys like Gregg Valentino.  One of the older kids authoritatively told me later when I mentioned it, that those guys go back to normal when they quit training.  The rumor back then was that they got fat, but I think that was mostly old wives tales.

its because they adjust their water intake before they are set to do photoshoots, pretty much holding off from drinking anything and cause the veins to pop out when they flex, tightening the skin for definition for the judges.

Sal1981

X-Men: Apocalypse - 10/10

Awesome story beneath all the explosions and shit.

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on November 06, 2016, 12:03:37 PM
its because they adjust their water intake before they are set to do photoshoots, pretty much holding off from drinking anything and cause the veins to pop out when they flex, tightening the skin for definition for the judges.

I preferred ordinary bulk to definition.  Definition was apparently starting to be a goal, but now it's extreme, and I don't like it.  Also, Mr. Universe didn't just lose his definition during the off season.  I would have guessed he lost a half or more of his bulk.  He still looked good, healthy and fit, but not weird.

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 06, 2016, 01:01:03 PM
X-Men: Apocalypse - 10/10

Awesome story beneath all the explosions and shit.

I'll definitely want to watch that one again.  I've collected the XMen series, because I got so interested in the first one.  Some of the others were so/so, although none were outright stinkers.  I'll buy a copy of this one too.

Another Marvel movie I liked a lot was V for Vendetta.  Unfortunately they supposedly killed off the hero, but I suppose he could be resurrected.  However, it seemed like the entire story was pretty well covered with a full closure at the end.  I think they could have done a lot more with that guy though.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on November 06, 2016, 02:22:21 PM
I preferred ordinary bulk to definition.  Definition was apparently starting to be a goal, but now it's extreme, and I don't like it.  Also, Mr. Universe didn't just lose his definition during the off season.  I would have guessed he lost a half or more of his bulk.  He still looked good, healthy and fit, but not weird.

sometimes I think those contest judges are just hidden comic book fans who want to look at men in their undies with hulk type bodies.

Seriously hulk, drink some fucking water.

SGOS

The Arrival 9/10 

Slow, but really interesting.  Reminds me of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but not as lame.  In fact, much more thought provoking than that.  How do you communicate with Aliens?  Apparently not with an electronic universal translating gizmo as in Star Trek, or as in Close Encounters, a thing that makes pipe organ sounds doesn't work either.   

Gawdzilla Sama

Dr. Strange.

Go find some acid first.

ten out of pi.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

I really want to see dr strange, since I've always enjoyed him in the comics. I just have a hard time separating the character from the actor, kind of like Tom Cruise.

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on November 12, 2016, 03:14:44 PM
I really want to see dr strange, since I've always enjoyed him in the comics. I just have a hard time separating the character from the actor, kind of like Tom Cruise.

Could someone have done better than Cumberpatch?  I don't know.  I wondered the same thing, but I wasn't that familiar with him to begin with.  I thought he was convincing.  By the way, I went to the movie twice.  I don't think I've ever done that before.