News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

A Russian trawler came to our docks for refilling and 23 sailors had Covid-19, one was hospitalized.

---

Currently, we've passed 16m cases worldwide and there are 644.661 Covid-19 deaths.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 26, 2020, 06:29:52 AM
A Russian trawler came to our docks for refilling and 23 sailors had Covid-19, one was hospitalized.

---

Currently, we've passed 16m cases worldwide and there are 644.661 Covid-19 deaths.

Per nihilism, not enough deaths.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

(Note, due to Trump's Don't Tell The CDC policy, the integrity of the following statistics is compromised and is likely higher than reported)

US daily cases: 67,413 (decreased from 7/24 record high)
Currently infected: 2,104,619 (record high)
US daily deaths: 908 (down from a few days ago, increased compared to previous weeks)
Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

NC daily cases: 1,621 (decreased) Source
SC: 1,401 (significant decrease from 7/19 record high)
Georgia: 3,787 (down from 7/24 record high)
Florida: 12,199 (high with little change)
Louisiana: 2,084 (down from 7/20 record high)
Texas: 7,735 (decreased significantly over the past 4 days)
Arizona: 3,740 (increased significantly over the past 4 days)
California: 10,183 (third highest day ever, high with little change)

---

Good news for my homestate of NC, possibly.  Though I have noticed that these daily counts seem to dip somewhat on the weekends, so this could be nothing.  The rolling average is trending downward, albeit slowly, so we possibly have already had our peak.  But I've assumed we hit our peak in the past and been wrong, so who knows.

California surpassed New York and now taken the #1 spot for all-time US covid champ.  Congrats?
Florida isn't far behind, and will likely take the #2 spot in the next couple days.

Baruch

The daily totals do go up and down, reflecting which day of the week official data is published.  Glad to hear that NC is getting better.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Correction: Florida may have already blown past New York to become #2 all-time covid state.  According to this article, New York's total cases are 415,827 (identical to the New York Times' count), not the 439,726 reported by worldometer.

Regardless of which figure is more accurate, Florida will definitely have the #2 spot shortly either way.

Hydra009

Also, some Texas bars reopened.  You'd think they would have learned from the last time that happened.

Bars are inherently stuffy and close and of course, masks can't be worn while drinking, so their effectiveness is essentially nil.  So that's probably the worst thing you could possibly do in a pandemic, short of frenching strangers or hugging ICU patients.

If you want a drink, no one's stopping you from buying a 12-pack and bring it home.  So what's the problem?

Quote“Defying the most powerful state in the union, that’s pretty punk rock,” Polone said onstage before the music started.
As someone with a passing affection for punk, that's not punk.  Punk is that guy taking a grievous beating from secret police and then giving them dual one-finger salutes.  Getting people deathly ill on purpose with self-centered behavior is not punk.  In fact, glorifying stupidity as "freedom" is more like country.  There, I said it.

Mike Cl

I feel most deeply concerned/worried about just how widespread SFA's (stupid fucking merkians) and mask-deniers are.  I used to put most of the sfa's into the South; but they are every fucking where.  Same with mask-deniers.  My county has a huge number of sfa's and mask-deniers.  (CA) A month and a half ago they were pretty smug.  We had 3 dead and 300 cases.  Today we have 27 dead and 3100 cases with our hospital capacity at 85%.  And still a large number of people don't wear masks and want schools to start as normal; our sheriff said he would not enforce mask wearing.  Apparently we are a reflection of what we call our 'leaders'.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Panic and paranoia are not virtues.

"Some Colleges Will Require Students To Take COVID-19 Test Twice A Week" ... except the tests aren't accurate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on July 25, 2020, 07:42:53 AM
Nothing to fear from Covid 19.  The Smothers Brothers are on the job making America safe:

https://youtu.be/OSIrQBGfUtw

It's fascinating how exactly the same all of them are in every religion, in every culture from their mimics to their tone of voice, their diction, their expressions, words... . I start to laugh involunteraily at first and then it dies instantly. It's is scary in every language.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

You are not part of a particular sub-culture ... so you figure they are morons.  But they are not part of your particular sub-culture, so they would figure you to be a Satan worshipping communist.  I have a foot in both camps (part of being a centrist is being aware of the fringes on both sides).  I am well aware how much group thing goes on.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Hmmm....

I mean, it could be a coincidence and the numbers really are flattening out right as that hand-off happened.  I dunno.  I guess we'll see.  Hospitalizations, ICU capacity, and deaths can't be fudged as easily as # of cases, so we can derive a good idea of the facts on the ground from that.

Mike Cl

I don't remember where I read it, but one hospital is toying with the idea of sending the worst covid cases home to die to free up beds for those that might be saved.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

A (former?) friend of mine turned out to be a big anti-mask-er. I did not see that coming. Well, I don't feel happy that she is suffering terribly from the virus now.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 27, 2020, 08:36:17 PM
I don't remember where I read it, but one hospital is toying with the idea of sending the worst covid cases home to die to free up beds for those that might be saved.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/26/covid-19-death-panels-starr-county-hospital-texas

It's literally a death panel.  You know, the sort of thing that evil Obama was going to do with his Marxist Romney- Obamacare.  That's what's going on right now with our current healthcare system.

From where I'm sitting, both Yang and Sanders deserve massive apologies for their "crazy" ideas that were anything but and definitely would have saved lives.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 27, 2020, 08:36:17 PM

People have already died, because they didn't get surgery on time, because of Covid preoccupied hospitals.  "Cases" in many cases, were multiple reports on the same patient during the same hospitalization.  The stats are complete bunk, unfortunately, even the "death" stats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.