News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 03, 2020, 10:23:16 PM
i've not been out in nearly 6 weeks, and if it wasn't for the local tescos food delivery here, given my diabeties and mum being over 70, I dunno what I'd do right now. Thats why I always thank the delivery drivers profusely and told a few of them we couldn't do this without them.

Hang in there!

An aggressive reopening ...

"Ohio Gov. DeWine: '90 percent' of state's economy will reopen by next week"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on May 03, 2020, 11:05:45 AM
I think it's a gay pride event, seeing the rainbow flags up.

That's a normal view from any big city park or green space in the States under normal conditions, say, in good weather on weekends or an off day in week a holiday...etc. doesn't matter what the season is. People will go out and spread and sit around like that until late hours. If that is the case, Central Park must be almost full right now like in the Fall festival season. That's horrifying. Though it gets closed after midnight till morning I guess. On the other hand, if they tried, that would be one of the easiest places to control considering its general structure, imo. 

Unfortunately, we are not living under normal conditions right now and these people are acting very selfishly. It's plain stupid. What are they thinking, really?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 04, 2020, 03:49:02 AM
It's plain stupid. What are they thinking, really?
There you go giving more credit than is due.  How can anyone equate 'thinking' with the average american?  You can't.  We are really a nation under control by the most stupid of the population--and that population is huge and seems to be growing.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sal1981

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 04, 2020, 09:00:11 AM
There you go giving more credit than is due.  How can anyone equate 'thinking' with the average american?  You can't.  We are really a nation under control by the most stupid of the population--and that population is huge and seems to be growing.
Idiocracy.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 04, 2020, 03:49:02 AM
That's a normal view from any big city park or green space in the States under normal conditions, say, in good weather on weekends or an off day in week a holiday...etc. doesn't matter what the season is. People will go out and spread and sit around like that until late hours. If that is the case, Central Park must be almost full right now like in the Fall festival season. That's horrifying. Though it gets closed after midnight till morning I guess. On the other hand, if they tried, that would be one of the easiest places to control considering its general structure, imo. 

Unfortunately, we are not living under normal conditions right now and these people are acting very selfishly. It's plain stupid. What are they thinking, really?

Good news though ...

"New York Cancels Its Democrat(ic) Primary" ... Hillary coronation planned again?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 04, 2020, 09:00:11 AM

You are a Vietnam Era veteran (served stateside as I recall) have you developed amnesia?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Dems' Rehabilitated Hero: Online Disgust Follows Glowing Praise For George W. Bush's COVID-19 Message" ... they praise a war criminal ... reminds me of their support for LBJ ... back in the day

"Greek Brothels To Reopen But Hookers And Clients Required To Wear Masks And Gloves" ... kinky!  More on the Greek POV in funny videos

"China Warns Of Possible Armed Conflict With US Over Coronavirus Backlash" ... We make 98% of your medical supplies, give us 100% or no more plastic junk for you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

1. Our numbers are dead wrong, since we aren't doing even remotely adequate testing.

2. If we had been doing testing since the beginning, there is a good chance we coulda avoided a nationwide lockdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rl4c-jr7g0
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

My boyfriend, one of them, who has his condition lymphedema, he started getting the shakes and felt cold this morning, and it carried on, with a pain developing in his leg.
His mum came, whos a nurse, and called the ambulance to bring him to belfast general. My other boyfriends with him comforting him, but he can't go with him to the hospital because of whats going on.

I'm scared, if it was his condition alone he's been treated for it and they are very good and helping him maintain it. But with this happening to right now.. i'm so scared right now..

of all the times for his condition to flare up .. I'm right now comforting my other boyfriend over messages and phone calls.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on May 04, 2020, 12:56:37 PM
My boyfriend, one of them, who has his condition lymphedema, he started getting the shakes and felt cold this morning, and it carried on, with a pain developing in his leg.
His mum came, whos a nurse, and called the ambulance to bring him to belfast general. My other boyfriends with him comforting him, but he can't go with him to the hospital because of whats going on.

I'm scared, if it was his condition alone he's been treated for it and they are very good and helping him maintain it. But with this happening to right now.. i'm so scared right now..

of all the times for his condition to flare up .. I'm right now comforting my other boyfriend over messages and phone calls.
Good luck with all of this!  Not exactly fun times right now.  With a mother who is a nurse, sounds like he is in good hands.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Sitrep 5/3 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  27,348 (decreased, two day trend)
New deaths (daily): 1,154 (decreased, five day trend, comparable to 4/02)
Currently infected: 921,662 (increased)

Good news, perhaps we're coming down from the peak

Baruch

Hospitals are dangerous but necessary places in the best of times.  At least we know the beds aren't full.  Wish him swift recovery ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"California Gov Says Some Retail Businesses Can Begin "Limited Reopening" Thursday" ... except Newport Beach?

"California First To Be Approved For Up To $10 Billion Bailout From Feds To Pay Unemployment Benefits" ... mandated benefits that are exhausted because more people unemployed by lockdown than in any state-plan.  Local and State employee pension funds however, are not guaranteed (per US Senate).

"Bankrupt Cities And States Get The National Disaster They've Been Hoping For" ... bankrupt unemployment funds covered.  The major reason why cities and states are bankrupt, before Covid, is because of overly generous employee pensions.  Secondary reason is because tax revenue is down because of the lockdown, but that will be fixed by opening up (and by consumers returning to prior spending patterns).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 04, 2020, 02:03:30 PM
Sitrep 5/3 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  27,348 (decreased, two day trend)
New deaths (daily): 1,154 (decreased, five day trend, comparable to 4/02)
Currently infected: 941,261 (increased)

Good news, perhaps we're coming down from the peak

I hate to say it, but I think the U.S. statistics are only marginally more reliable than China's.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

If this had happened before the crisis, he would have been in a hospital, right? He is in a hospital. He'll be treated accordingly. Don't be scared. Hang in there.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp