News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 27, 2020, 12:20:16 PM
Boris has been talking about we're at the peak, based on tge number of deaths each day.

People are saying they want lockdown restrictions to be lifted, but luckily Johnson's just telling it like it is, we can lift it soon, since it might lead to a second outbreak

GB is a couple weeks behind the US.  As long as you are allowing un-screened people thru Heathrow and on boats from France .. expect to stay locked down.

"China, The Supreme Leader Of The European Union" ... China wants EU, Australia, Canada, NZ and US to self censor any criticism of China and the WHO.  Bwahaha.  EU and Canada can't bend over fast enough ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

I'm hearing some places in the West are opening, life starting to get normal. How's everyone?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on April 27, 2020, 12:16:27 PM
Well IF he had some type of surgery, twoud be easy enough to off the little fucker. I can’t imagine anyone actually being loyal to him once they have him that close to a nick with a scalpel through the aorta or similar such delightful Whoopsie.
But as all who are in attendance for his operation will die if he does.  I'd try to keep the little fucker alive if I were in attendance.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Sitrep 4/26 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily): 26,509 (way down, similar to 4/1)
New deaths (daily): 1,157 (way down, similar to 3/31)
Currently infected:  812,966 (highest yet)

Good(ish) news, but don't get complacent!  This isn't over yet!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on April 26, 2020, 04:59:27 PM
Sorry to hear.  Out of batteries?

No, got batteries, radio's dead
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 27, 2020, 01:15:06 PM
I'm hearing some places in the West are opening, life starting to get normal. How's everyone?

Doing surprisingly well here. Haven't been out in 5 weeks, all shopping ordered in, or additional stuff off Amazon/eBay, and just getting absorbed in games and TV shows and keeping my mum company through this.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Read a report that around 25% of NYC populous is infected with Corona, so 1/4 of people.

That got me thinking, if this was set in the marvel cinematic universe, which marvel characters would get infected and who'd be safe?

I think ones like Hulk, Thor, maybe Cap and scarlet witch be safe, but ones like Spiderman, iron man and Hawkeye be in trouble.

Of course you got the X-Men too but maybe it won't infect mutants, and they'd probably just make a cure from wolverines blood.

That said in a universe with magic probably just have Dr strange make it go poof.

Baruch

My state plan ...

New Mexico
Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on April 22 presented criteria the state would use to determine if the state's hospital system had the capacity to allow business to resume in phases.
Some non-essential businesses would reopen in the first phase while gatherings would still be prohibited. In subsequent phases, more business would be allowed to reopen while requirements for physical distancing and limits on gatherings would remain in effect.
No dates have yet been set for when those phases may begin.

Originally triggered 3/18.  Our situation is complicated by the spike in cases on the Reservations.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"UPS Drones To Deliver CVS Meds To Florida Retirement Community" ... maybe they found a real use for the things, that trump just delivering by truck/car?

"Top Manhattan ER Doctor Commits Suicide After Treating Coronavirus Patients" ... must be traumatic to be an ER doctor, particularly with the masses of extra morality ;-(

"Citing Privacy Concerns, Israel Ends Cellphone Location-Tracking For Quarantine Enforcement" ... Israeli courts found Bibi to be a little to Chinese.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 27, 2020, 01:21:04 PM
But as all who are in attendance for his operation will die if he does.  I'd try to keep the little fucker alive if I were in attendance.

In general, most rabid dictators are disliked by everyone, but most especially true for those in the highest command for they are always under suspicion of betrayal. More likely they all want the prick dead, the fight is who picks up the role once it is clear he is dead? Top general one runs to support and protect his sister while top general two runs to gather his army and attack the same. Nobody will give a shit about how the prick died, it’s all about who gets to command the shit hole country now. Smart doctors would have given the whole shebang a cocktail afterwards to celebrate then watch as they melt away.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

An old school friend from back when I grew up in Chicago tells me the police and the Cook County Government (Chicago) are working hard to break up gatherings and enforce social distancing, but what he describes is something that sounds like herding cats.  American nature tends to lean toward rule breaking and independent behavior, or maybe I should say "Human nature" tends to be that way.  At any rate, fewer people seem to be into the new guidelines as the reality sinks in.  I've noticed in rural Virginia, people began this thing in a spirit of cooperation, but as one would expect, the novelty seems to be wearing off.  At least it seems that way to me.  This perception is based on being in stores fairly infrequently, and only a few person experiences.

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on April 28, 2020, 07:19:02 AM
In general, most rabid dictators are disliked by everyone, but most especially true for those in the highest command for they are always under suspicion of betrayal. More likely they all want the prick dead, the fight is who picks up the role once it is clear he is dead? Top general one runs to support and protect his sister while top general two runs to gather his army and attack the same. Nobody will give a shit about how the prick died, it’s all about who gets to command the shit hole country now. Smart doctors would have given the whole shebang a cocktail afterwards to celebrate then watch as they melt away.
I like your story line.  I wish and hope it is at least, semi accurate.  I understand that the current power line goes back to grandpa.  So, they know how to keep authority in the family.  And with a sister lurking out there, I am concerned she is as much a monster as brother--so, for her safety, she will keep the clamps down and make sure no doctor is trying to let brother die.  But, who really knows.......
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on April 28, 2020, 07:53:27 AM
An old school friend from back when I grew up in Chicago tells me the police and the Cook County Government (Chicago) are working hard to break up gatherings and enforce social distancing, but what he describes is something that sounds like herding cats.  American nature tends to lean toward rule breaking and independent behavior, or maybe I should say "Human nature" tends to be that way.  At any rate, fewer people seem to be into the new guidelines as the reality sinks in.  I've noticed in rural Virginia, people began this thing in a spirit of cooperation, but as one would expect, the novelty seems to be wearing off.  At least it seems that way to me.  This perception is based on being in stores fairly infrequently, and only a few person experiences.

I mean, new Zealand has dealt with it in such a way the rate of infection has diminished to almost being gone, and sounds like South Korea is doing the same. So really it's an American thing. We've got a few reports of small groups here and there in the UK, but it's nowhere near as bad as America, so it really must come down to a societal issue.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on April 28, 2020, 09:26:41 AM
I mean, new Zealand has dealt with it in such a way the rate of infection has diminished to almost being gone, and sounds like South Korea is doing the same. So really it's an American thing. We've got a few reports of small groups here and there in the UK, but it's nowhere near as bad as America, so it really must come down to a societal issue.
I agree, it is an American thing.  I see it as a societal issue driven by the current state of politics of the trumpian type.  He has allowed the ugly American to come to the fore and gain control of society as never before.  And even tho the orange monster is showing early signs of dementia, his followers don't care; he will be re-elected.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on April 28, 2020, 07:19:02 AM

Death Of Stalin movie.  The execution of KGB head, Beria, was a million laughs.  Stalin was getting ready to kill his Jewish doctors ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.