Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: Moralnihilist on May 05, 2014, 09:07:53 PM
So eat a bullet.
Or dont.
I don't care  either way.

I'm thinking .45 hollow point. You?

Moralnihilist

Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

stromboli

Casparov

To the OP:

You can kill yourself if you want, no body can stop you if you really want to do that. But it will in the end be a huge waste of your time. You are not your physical body, you are awareness itself, you are the capacity for experience, you are consciousness. This physical reality is nothing more than a stream of data, information processing producing a virtual reality. You can kill your physical body that exists within this physical reality, but you as consciousness can never cease to exist because you are one with the foundation of all reality. You are that which things exist within. You will only switch data streams, and continue to experience and exist, and your problems will be just as problematic as ever. You will have gained nothing and lost opportunity.

If you kill your physical body, you will have only succeeded in ending the opportunity for growth within this physical reality. You will not have succeeding in ceasing to exist. You are experiencing life within this particular physical reality because the constraints and the ruleset of this physical reality present to you opportunities for growth and evolution of your consciousness. Whatever problems you are running into, whatever issues you are having to deal with, killing your physical body is not the answer. You will continue to have to deal with these very same problems and issues within any virtual reality you end up in, even if you are born again into this one, and this is because of the quality of your own consciousness.

Everywhere you look is a reflection of you, if you see nothing but negativity it is because you are only able to see the way you interpret reality. If you interpret all information in a negative way, all information, no matter how positive, no matter with what good intentions it arrives within your consciousness, you will perceive as objectively negative. If all you see is negativity it is because all you project is negativity. It is the quality of your consciousness that needs to change. This will follow you to wherever you go, to the farthest reaches of the multiverse, because it is you who are choosing (perhaps subconsciously) to bring it with you wherever you go. Your only solution is to grow, and evolve the quality of your consciousness. You have the opportunity to accomplish such growth here, today, during this life. It is the very reason why you are here.

But of course, you also have the free will to throw this life away, but whatever it is that you are trying to run away from will not go away until you face it head on and overcome it. This is growth and evolution. Facing fears and overcoming obstacles. There is no running away from existence. But you can try, it's ultimately up to you. Take my word for it, Im a Mother Fucking ghost for Christ's sake! PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL MY HIPPIES AMEN
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

Elect

Quote from: Casparov on May 06, 2014, 12:02:27 AM
To the OP:

You can kill yourself if you want, no body can stop you if you really want to do that. But it will in the end be a huge waste of your time. You are not your physical body, you are awareness itself, you are the capacity for experience, you are consciousness. This physical reality is nothing more than a stream of data, information processing producing a virtual reality.

Cmon man. You took every spirit science new age philosophy-religion and just blended it all together. And you can't be repurposing words like evolution for use in a spirit science rant. Dumb people get really confused about science already, they don't need to be confused into thinking science supports this stuff by dropping sciencey sounding words and applying them to your mulitiverse soul theory. You gotta pick one or the other. Science or new age religion, trying to marry the two gives people the creeps. It's perverted.

johnson

Quote from: Shol'va on May 05, 2014, 09:23:33 PM
To op:  the ONLY choice you have is to roll  the dice, one way or the other.
Where do you think you will go when you die?

As for dice what are the odds?

Moralnihilist

random woo bullshit

You got any proof for this bullshit sandwich you are trying to pass off as truth? If not kindly shut your cockholster.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

stromboli

To the OP:

If you kill your physical body, you will have only succeeded in ending the opportunity for growth within this physical reality.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you just contradicted your entire argument.

DunkleSeele

To the OP:

You can kill yourself if you want, no body can stop you if you really want to do that. But it will in the end be a huge waste of your time. You are not your physical body, you are awareness itself, you are the capacity for experience, you are consciousness. This physical reality is nothing more than a stream of data, information processing producing a virtual reality. You can kill your physical body that exists within this physical reality, but you as consciousness can never cease to exist because you are one with the foundation of all reality. You are that which things exist within. You will only switch data streams, and continue to experience and exist, and your problems will be just as problematic as ever. You will have gained nothing and lost opportunity.

If you kill your physical body, you will have only succeeded in ending the opportunity for growth within this physical reality. You will not have succeeding in ceasing to exist. You are experiencing life within this particular physical reality because the constraints and the ruleset of this physical reality present to you opportunities for growth and evolution of your consciousness. Whatever problems you are running into, whatever issues you are having to deal with, killing your physical body is not the answer. You will continue to have to deal with these very same problems and issues within any virtual reality you end up in, even if you are born again into this one, and this is because of the quality of your own consciousness.

Everywhere you look is a reflection of you, if you see nothing but negativity it is because you are only able to see the way you interpret reality. If you interpret all information in a negative way, all information, no matter how positive, no matter with what good intentions it arrives within your consciousness, you will perceive as objectively negative. If all you see is negativity it is because all you project is negativity. It is the quality of your consciousness that needs to change. This will follow you to wherever you go, to the farthest reaches of the multiverse, because it is you who are choosing (perhaps subconsciously) to bring it with you wherever you go. Your only solution is to grow, and evolve the quality of your consciousness. You have the opportunity to accomplish such growth here, today, during this life. It is the very reason why you are here.

But of course, you also have the free will to throw this life away, but whatever it is that you are trying to run away from will not go away until you face it head on and overcome it. This is growth and evolution. Facing fears and overcoming obstacles. There is no running away from existence. But you can try, it's ultimately up to you. Take my word for it, Im a Mother Fucking ghost for Christ's sake! PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL MY HIPPIES AMEN
More unsubstantiated, new-ageist woo from our resident Chopra's Baghdad Bob.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: johnson on May 06, 2014, 12:38:00 AM
Where do you think you will go when you die?

As for dice what are the odds?
I'm not Shol'va, but I will give you my opinion.

There's not a single shred of proof or evidence of an afterlife. Not a single one. Therefore it's correct to assume that, when we die, we aren't "going" anywhere. In other words, it is correct to assume that consciousness stops with death, just as you didn't have consciousness before your birth. Is it a certainty? No, of course not. But it's a very educated guess.

What are the odds? My opinion is that an afterlife has about as much probability as a unicorn popping out of your backside. Your choice.

Casparov

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 06, 2014, 02:42:15 AM
I'm not Shol'va, but I will give you my opinion.

There's not a single shred of proof or evidence of an afterlife. Not a single one. Therefore it's correct to assume that, when we die, we aren't "going" anywhere. In other words, it is correct to assume that consciousness stops with death, just as you didn't have consciousness before your birth. Is it a certainty? No, of course not. But it's a very educated guess.

What are the odds? My opinion is that an afterlife has about as much probability as a unicorn popping out of your backside. Your choice.

If it were proven that mind is dependent on matter I would agree. Though because it has been shown that what we observe as matter is dependent on mind I disagree.

Further, proof of afterlife is absolutely attainable. One would only need to acquire the skills and put in the time and dedication in order to induce out of body experiences at will, this would take maybe 6 months of disciplined and serious practice, and then one would be able to ascertain for one's self as to whether life after death is a possibility by experiencing it first hand. If one achieves these skills one can utilize the scientific method to determine if the experiences are tricks of the brain or real experiences.

This is a possibility. One can prove this to one's self. If all you do is listen to other people's experiences and stories and opinions about these types of experiences you will never have proof. But if you really wanted to know for sure, there is only one way, and that is through first hand experience.
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Casparov on May 06, 2014, 03:52:08 AM
If it were proven that mind is dependent on matter I would agree. Though because it has been shown that what we observe as matter is dependent on mind I disagree.

Further, proof of afterlife is absolutely attainable. One would only need to acquire the skills and put in the time and dedication in order to induce out of body experiences at will, this would take maybe 6 months of disciplined and serious practice, and then one would be able to ascertain for one's self as to whether life after death is a possibility by experiencing it first hand. If one achieves these skills one can utilize the scientific method to determine if the experiences are tricks of the brain or real experiences.

This is a possibility. One can prove this to one's self. If all you do is listen to other people's experiences and stories and opinions about these types of experiences you will never have proof. But if you really wanted to know for sure, there is only one way, and that is through first hand experience.
More Chopra-like bullshit. Out of body experiences? Yeaahhhh, right.

Casparov

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 06, 2014, 04:30:55 AM
More Chopra-like bullshit. Out of body experiences? Yeaahhhh, right.

Throw out the word "chopra" maybe even say the word "woo" and then dismiss the idea entirely and move on with your life. Easy breezy. Another person may spend the next 6 months researching and diligently attempting to master the skill of inducing out of body experiences and learn via first-hand knowledge that there is much much more reality out there beyond this physical reality and consciousness persists with or without the physical body.

That you have the ability to self-induce these experiences is fact. Whether they are true experiences or tricks of the mind can only be determined via first hand experience. Only those who put in the time and effort will reap the benefits that only direct experience can offer. But to say that there is no proof possible is absolutely incorrect. If life does indeed persist beyond physical death, then this would be the way to find out. And those who want to find out bad enough will. Those who don't, won't.

Jason78

Science currently considers the out of body experience to be a type of hallucination that can be caused by various psychological and neurological factors.

Apparently you can have one just by stimulating regions of the brain called the right temporal-parietal junction.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato