News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus--a man of peace?

Started by Mike Cl, May 30, 2016, 11:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2016, 06:20:15 PM
Bullshit! A REAL god could create life that was not dependent upon killing other life. Your view of a REAL god is petty and pretty much validated by the idea that YOU are created in gods image which seems to suggest to you that you are special….a quid pro quo kind of petty self masturbating weirdness.

If there is nothing that a god cannot do, the first thing a real loving god would do, is allow life to live. Ergo, your god can go fuck itself.

Life, on this planet, is extraordinarily similar, so much that the idea that all life was created by a god, exposes a seriously reality that god is incapable of anything but copy pasta. Consider how the life process is so monotonous, so boring, so similar in that majority of living creatures eat breath and excrete nearly  exactly the same. Breed the same way. God is terribly infantile and boring in his "design" stages. Each of us, every one of us, given the power god is supposed to have would make a world far better than this version.

In my world, rocks can talk and trees can walk and people can fuck just by poking someone on the shoulder and saying, "HI".
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2016, 06:20:15 PM
Bullshit! A REAL god could create life that was not dependent upon killing other life. Your view of a REAL god is petty and pretty much validated by the idea that YOU are created in gods image which seems to suggest to you that you are special….a quid pro quo kind of petty self masturbating weirdness.

If there is nothing that a god cannot do, the first thing a real loving god would do, is allow life to live. Ergo, your god can go fuck itself.
Life does live. Only man holds back the advancement of peaceable existence.

I can understand how one could have some sort of animosity towards Yahweh based on the misinterpreted writings of the law of Moses. But I don't really go off of the law of Moses so much as it is said to be with error or misinterpreted. I also have an issue claiming any one name for GOD to be better than another especially seeing as how the writings about that particular name or character of GOD don't line up with what I feel I know on an innermost level.

I think the literal interpretation of most of that law is wrong. I think the literal sacrifice of another life is wrong. I've read parts in religious writings that suggests that eating meat should be done more so out of necessity or special occasion. I can't tell you why more complex life has to devour other life to live, but I can say that it doesn't have to be to the extreme it is now. That doesn't make GOD unjust to me though. Everything dies.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 06:28:35 PM
Life feeds on life?  Really?  What life do plants eat?  Or the plants and animals in the deep sea vents? 

Nature for me is proof that no god exists.  Nature is cruel.  Many creatures do have to feed on life, as you say.  They can only live is they rip the life out of something else that has it.  That is how they gather the energy to live.  That is natural--and a system that could not have been created by a loving god.  To have made it so that all animals (including man) has to kill to gather energy is just plain sadistic and sick.  Especially when there is another way to do it easily available--that god created as well.  The sun.  All life could have been built to use the energy from the sun instead of killing to gather it.  But that would have been too easy--too kind for you blood thirsty, cruel, sadistic god.
Yeah we could all be plants I guess, but that would really hinder our potential.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2016, 07:04:10 PM
Ah dualism ... not quite as overly simplistic as monism.  Try pluralism as a hypothesis.  It is so hard to judge philosophically ... where to draw the line ... per Einstein ... "make things as simple as possible but no simpler".  When a suggestion is empty, it is called a platitude.
I have thought quite a bit about the suggestion I made. I have experienced both sides to widely varied degrees. For me to associate more than two sides to opposing forces seams pointless. I will, however, admit that technically, based on my own experience, there seem to be three sides, but that one is of chaos or an observer and as such isn't really an opposing force to anything in and of itself. This chaos is potential.

In my humble opinion.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2016, 06:49:46 PM
Ah but Mike, are you a vegetarian?  And why must G-d be loving?  You don't take your cue from scripture, so why would you assume that?

So if you are not a vegetarian, do you enjoy ripping the life out of other living things?  Are you as uncomfortable as I am being the spawn of Satan?  Isn't assuming (ignore scripture for the moment) that G-d is loving, just a straw-man for you to knock down?

Vegetarian? Nope.  But then, vegs have life too and in order to eat them you must rip the life from them--just like the animals I ingest.  I am a human animal.  I have no choice but to kill to live.  That is simply the way it is.  So, I don't get worked up about it; would I prefer another way to gather energy?  Sure--but that is simply fantasy.

I have seen no evidence of either a good or bad god.  The instant I find some evidence, either way, I guess I'll change my mind about god or no god.  I don't know about you (well, yes I do--you came from your parents, too), but satan did not create me--my parents did; in that same old fun fill old fashion way humans have always made babies.  Satan is just another fiction theists love to trot out.  Same as god--a fiction.  Is god a straw-man?  No, god(s) are a fiction.  I know you think god exists and is not a sugar daddy in the sky.  You believe that, I know not why.  But I would wager any amount that you believe in your god from anecdotal evidence, which is good enough to prove to you that your god is real--but it is not the type of evidence you can produce for us to test.  That's fine with me, but I will still assert that god is a fiction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 08:00:16 PM
Yeah we could all be plants I guess, but that would really hinder our potential.

What????  We could all be plants.  What does that have to do with anything?????  The point:  Plants do not need life to live--which is the opposite of what you posted earlier.  Your creator god created a duel system of maintaining life.  In one system, you don't need life to gather energy from, but minerals and/or heat.  In the other way, one gains energy by taking it from another by eating it.  See that???  Two ways--each different than the other.  Since your god is so fucking wonderful and can do whatever his little heart wants to, he could create plants that think--or animals that plant themselves into the ground--the point being, he could have done whatever he wanted to.  So, the assumption has to be that he did what he wanted to and made humans need to kill to live.  Yet, according to your wonderful fucking scriptures, Thou Shalt Not Kill is one of the commandments or rule we are to live by.  But we can't, because god created us so that we have to kill to live--and it is a major sin to commit suicide.  So, what is a human to do in your sick system?  Kill, and that is a sin.  So, yeah, all men are sinners.  And only god can forgive you for sinning--yet he made it impossible not to sin.  What a fucked up in the head god you have! 

So, pops, are there not two different ways of gathering energy working on this planet???????  could you answer directly for once??? 

What does your god have to say about why that is???????????????????????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 07:58:22 PM
Life does live. Only man holds back the advancement of peaceable existence.

Everything dies.

The stupidity of that is epic. If a real god existed, death would be a useful pawn. Instead of a hell, one merely is threatened with death. You see, a real god could easily grant immorality as easily as blowing his nose. But since humans concocted the bull shit babble and they are fully aware that death claim all, they had to come up with another method of deterring dis-belief. Are you really this stupid or just acting at it, cause your really good at it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 09:41:07 PM
What????  We could all be plants.  What does that have to do with anything?????  The point:  Plants do not need life to live--which is the opposite of what you posted earlier.  Your creator god created a duel system of maintaining life.  In one system, you don't need life to gather energy from, but minerals and/or heat.  In the other way, one gains energy by taking it from another by eating it.  See that???  Two ways--each different than the other.  Since your god is so fucking wonderful and can do whatever his little heart wants to, he could create plants that think--or animals that plant themselves into the ground--the point being, he could have done whatever he wanted to.  So, the assumption has to be that he did what he wanted to and made humans need to kill to live.  Yet, according to your wonderful fucking scriptures, Thou Shalt Not Kill is one of the commandments or rule we are to live by.  But we can't, because god created us so that we have to kill to live--and it is a major sin to commit suicide.  So, what is a human to do in your sick system?  Kill, and that is a sin.  So, yeah, all men are sinners.  And only god can forgive you for sinning--yet he made it impossible not to sin.  What a fucked up in the head god you have! 

So, pops, are there not two different ways of gathering energy working on this planet???????  could you answer directly for once??? 

What does your god have to say about why that is???????????????????????
Indeed there is more than one way to gather energy in order to sustain physical life. And indeed each of us have an option to not kill other animal life.

I cannot speak for why GOD chose to make things in such a way. But If energy cannot be created or destroyed and one can view all life as one unit striving to continue then we can perhaps live more responsibly and understand that our responsibility and potential go hand in hand. We haven't met our potential yet. Maybe we will be wholly different from what we are now, and now, and the past are just a means to an end.

I don't claim to know all of the will of GOD or the reasoning behind it.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2016, 09:42:14 PM
The stupidity of that is epic. If a real god existed, death would be a useful pawn. Instead of a hell, one merely is threatened with death. You see, a real god could easily grant immorality as easily as blowing his nose. But since humans concocted the bull shit babble and they are fully aware that death claim all, they had to come up with another method of deterring dis-belief. Are you really this stupid or just acting at it, cause your really good at it.
I don't prescribe to the notion of eternal hell or a reward system. Fear is a tactic of man to control the masses. As is the concept of eternal damnation in my opinion.

stromboli

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 09:52:14 PM
I don't prescribe to the notion of eternal hell or a reward system. Fear is a tactic of man to control the masses. As is the concept of eternal damnation in my opinion.

The whole concept of religion is based on a reward/punishment paradigm. So you don't prescribe to a fundamental tenet of religion?

QuoteFear is a tactic of man to control the masses.
Well no shit Sherlock. That is why they wrote it into their holy books.

QuoteAs is the concept of eternal damnation in my opinion.
You just basically said you are not religious. You ought to review your posts. You apparently are contradicting yourself.

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 12:18:49 AM
I'm sorry, but even taking all those writings completely out of context like you did still doesn't work to paint Jesus as amoral or immoral.

It's not as difficult to tell when someone is taking someone's words out of context as theist seem to think it is. If you read the whole chapter, and the original quote still seems to say the same thing, it's not out of context. Too often, theists use this "out of context" excuse to dismiss  the legitimacy of others' points. I've even seen two Christians do it to each other. It's hilarious. All it means is that you don't like his interpretation.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 05, 2016, 10:34:25 PM
It's not as difficult to tell when someone is taking someone's words out of context as theist seem to think it is. If you read the whole chapter, and the original quote still seems to say the same thing, it's not out of context. Too often, theists use this "out of context" excuse to dismiss  the legitimacy of others' points. I've even seen two Christians do it to each other. It's hilarious. All it means is that you don't like his interpretation.
I agree wholly. At times I will go into neighboring chapters as well.

Pipu.Diiding

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 05:37:53 PM
I believe it is the conscience too. Part of our very nature. Imparted to us by the creative force that gave the opportunity for all life.

How does God even fit into the picture?

And why would he even implant a conscience into us. Do you really think God has a conscience? If youre forever just "God God God"-ing I think its better to pray to a human being instead.

Mainly because, human beings are born into the world with a conscience to know what is right and what is wrong. How it feels to love and care for another person. But your God, however you put it is completely lacking in that sense. So this is to say, God created human beings and taught us something he doesn't know. It's like a crab teaching it's child to walk straight.
We must question the logic of having an all-knowing/powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.

Mike Cl

Pops--Indeed there is more than one way to gather energy in order to sustain physical life. And indeed each of us have an option to not kill other animal life.
Mike--Different?  I guess you could say that.  You live on a planet in which some organisms can live without killing and other organisms cannot.  Quite startling, don't you think?  But you really don't want to be bothered to think about it or what god has to do with any of it or why.  I can understand--god works in mysterious ways.  Pathetic god and pathetic reasoning. 

Pops--I cannot speak for why GOD chose to make things in such a way. But If energy cannot be created or destroyed and one can view all life as one unit striving to continue then we can perhaps live more responsibly and understand that our responsibility and potential go hand in hand. We haven't met our potential yet.
Mike--All life is not one unit.  Never was and never will be.  The only thing life is striving for is to live.  Each and every species has and and will continue to live in any way it can.  Each species is part of a system, but there is no universal, in unison striving for life.  It is a kill or die world (except for most plants--and they strive to fill up as much space as they can any way they can) because that is the system that evolved--or was created by your fictional god.  But you don't want to be bothered with thinking about such stuff.  When you say--we can perhaps live more responsibly and understand that our responsibility and potential go hand in hand. We haven't met our potential yet.  What does that even mean??????????????

Pops--Maybe we will be wholly different from what we are now, and now, and the past are just a means to an end.
Mike--What??????????????????????????????

Pops--I don't claim to know all of the will of GOD or the reasoning behind it.
Mike--What part of god's will do you know and how do you know it???

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Pipu.Diiding on June 05, 2016, 11:06:08 PM
How does God even fit into the picture?

And why would he even implant a conscience into us. Do you really think God has a conscience? If youre forever just "God God God"-ing I think its better to pray to a human being instead.

Mainly because, human beings are born into the world with a conscience to know what is right and what is wrong. How it feels to love and care for another person. But your God, however you put it is completely lacking in that sense. So this is to say, God created human beings and taught us something he doesn't know. It's like a crab teaching it's child to walk straight.
How can you say that GOD(the creator of all that is good and just) who is all knowing and all powerful is without knowledge of love or empathy or mercy or anything else for that matter?

Praying or praising a mere man opens the door for many deceitful, prideful, insideous, wholly wrong things to me.