News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New To The Forum

Started by ToTheMax, July 22, 2015, 01:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToTheMax

Hello to everyone.
My name is Max and I am 33 years old. I have finally accepted I am atheist and have been since I was a teen. I just needed a better understanding of being an atheist first before I called myself one. I am a person who believes in facts and what I see in front of me. God or the Bible speaking on him doesn't do it for me and never has. I just feel like they're feeding me fables and then demanding I don't question Him. Probably because when dealing with God, all you will have is questions because nothing ever makes sense. Then I have this issue where even if I did believe I wouldn't wanna worship and douche bag like that. I am enjoying this forum. A lot of very smart people. This forum however has shown me what I have said forever...that not all atheist are angry and "demonic". We just don't believe in God.

aitm

Welcome to the forum. It is always better when you climb the mountain by yourself and see there is indeed another side. Welcome.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

Welcome aboard ToTheMax! Nice intro! Theist don't understand that if there was a God we would be angry and hate Him for very good reasons, but that doesn't mean we are always angry and hateful. To be angry at theist is like being angry at a child for believing in the nonsense other children are telling them to scare them. Atheist are as diversified as any other group of people.   
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Quote from: ToTheMax on July 22, 2015, 01:02:46 PM
Hello to everyone.
My name is Max and I am 33 years old. I have finally accepted I am atheist and have been since I was a teen. I just needed a better understanding of being an atheist first before I called myself one. I am a person who believes in facts and what I see in front of me. God or the Bible speaking on him doesn't do it for me and never has. I just feel like they're feeding me fables and then demanding I don't question Him. Probably because when dealing with God, all you will have is questions because nothing ever makes sense. Then I have this issue where even if I did believe I wouldn't wanna worship and douche bag like that. I am enjoying this forum. A lot of very smart people. This forum however has shown me what I have said forever...that not all atheist are angry and "demonic". We just don't believe in God.

Welcome to the forum.  You will fit in just fine.  I relate to your part about being an atheist and not knowing it.  I went for a long time calling myself a Christian, but not really believing.  The word "atheist" was too much to accept until I learned about it and embraced it.  It was more like discovering who I really was than making some life changing decision.  It's not like I chose to be an atheist.  The religion thing just wasn't something I could accept, even when I considered myself spiritual (in a kind of quasi-religious sense).

Munch

Welcome abroad dude. Always happy to for new guys and girls here, also that seeing younger people establishing they are atheists or agnostic is always a plus, your find a lot of people here might mention how it took them longer when they were your age to figure that out, myself included, that they don't believe in religion or theism.

The only anger I've felt goes towards the outright ignorance of theism and what it often attains to, being gay also, it all goes in similar circles.

But yus, welcome!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

YAW .... yet another welcome.  There is nothing wrong with being a square peg in a round world.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Welcome, Max, I think you will like it here.  And not all atheists are angry.  Most aren't.  But then, all are different.  The religious like being part of a pack.  Atheists not so much.  All we can agree on is that there is not god.  Other than that, we tend to go our separate ways.  So, I think you will like it here--even to the Max!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Green Bottle

Afternoon Max, an Welcome to the Madhouse.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Sal1981

Welcome to the madhouse.

Termin

Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Draconic Aiur

Oh we're angry all right, angry at insane Christians doing retarded shit.

Anyway Welcome to the forum!