News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terror attack in Paris

Started by GrinningYMIR, January 07, 2015, 10:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on January 08, 2015, 03:31:38 AM
Shiranu wrote:Why would you open your post with such a sentence?

Because he was saying that it might not have been Muslims, and I was illustrating that even for me (the person that is maybe too lenient on them) that was being way too lenient. Like saying, "I'm an asshole, and even I think that was a low blow." or something to that effect.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Why do you feel that you have to be "lenient" on a murderous cult such as Islam?
Isn't there already enough evidence around the world that your "leniency" maybe is misplaced?
That Islam has absolutely no redeeming qualities?

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on January 08, 2015, 03:53:12 AM
Why do you feel that you have to be "lenient" on a murderous cult such as Islam?
Isn't there already enough evidence around the world that your "leniency" maybe is misplaced?
That Islam has absolutely no redeeming qualities?

Note I said Muslims, not Islam.

Anyways, one of the suspects has turned himself in. He has previously spent 18 months in prison for helping smuggle militants to Iraq during the war on terror. One of the other suspects was previously charged as a terrorist and was proclaiming that Al Queada was the one that sent them yesterday.

Interesting, anyways. Two of the three at least have previously been charged, one found guilty, of terrorist activities, and yet they are allowed to walk the streets. Same with that guy in Australia... associated with hate groups, in jail for violent acts... better let him out on bail, what could go wrong.

This is a failing in the West of dealing with violent criminals (not just Muslims)... I think we let dangerous people walk around way to easy. We just lock em up in an environment notorious for breeding more violent criminals once they get out, don't try to fix the actual problems, and then just expect everything to work out peachy.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

viocjit

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 07, 2015, 10:36:53 PM
Civil war about Islam and religion?

That must be very frightening, Viocjit. I hope it doesn't come to that.

If a civil war happens it will be rather between Islam Vs France and / or Western world.
Islam isn't compatible with the Western way of life (except for cocktail Muslims).
The so-called moderate aren't terrorists but they own beliefs that aren't compatible
with the Western way of life such that a woman must cover her face etc...
Also many moderates support terrorist groups.

GrinningYMIR

QuoteThis is a failing in the West of dealing with violent criminals (not just Muslims)... I think we let dangerous people walk around way to easy. We just lock em up in an environment notorious for breeding more violent criminals once they get out, don't try to fix the actual problems, and then just expect everything to work out peachy.

The term school of hard-knocks comes to mind.

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

pr126

BREAKING NEWS: Third terror alert in Paris as another gunman is on the loose - hours after female police officer was shot dead and street cleaner blasted in face as he grappled with 'North African wielding rifle'
QuoteOffice workers receive email warning them to stay indoors after 'armed man' spotted in Paris's business district
Policewoman had stopped to investigate a traffic accident in Montrouge just before dawn this morning
Two men tried to confront the gunman, who shot one of them in the face leaving him in a serious condition
Witnesses describe hearing at least five shots ring out during the assault in the south of Paris
Attacker is said to have 'used an M5 assault rifle' before fleeing scene wearing a 'bullet-proof vest' 
New horror just hours after massacre of 12 at Paris magazine office - including two police officers
Masked gunmen stormed offices with AK-47s shouting 'Allahu akbar!' and 'Prophet has been avenged'
Manhunt is still underway for two of the suspects in the Charlie Hebdo shooting
Massacre gunmen, identified as brothers 'trained in Yemen as assassins', have been sighted in northern France

The West After the Charlie Hebdo Massacre
QuoteThis was not some random crime. It was an act of war, as Geert Wilders correctly pointed out. It was an act of war the same way as the Jihadist attacks of September 11, 2001 in the USA. A war has been declared on Western civilization, yet Western ruling elites refuse to acknowledge this. They still treat Islamic attacks as a law and order problem. It is not. Not anymore.

Munch

TJ/amazing atheist did a video about this, if you guys want to go check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8x7zz-fdbI

What he said, about how we cannot let these freaks win, we cannot let our freedoms be lost because a group of savages do something like this, so the best way to counter this, is to carry on insulting there shit smelling, child molesting prophet.

When you think, with these Islamic, Isis or whatever Islamic based terrorist groups are doing, attacking places like America, France, Australia, Britain and probably more to come, it won't be long before the world has had enough shit from Islam and attack back.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Berati

QuoteHOWARD DEAN:
You know, this is a chronic problem. I stopped calling these people Muslim terrorists. They’re about as Muslim as I am. I mean, they have no respect for anybody else’s life, that’s not what the Koran says. Europe has an enormous radical problem. I think ISIS is a cult. Not an Islamic cult. I think it’s a cult….
Thank you for putting this up. This is specifically the problem I would like to see addressed since these kinds of murders are specifically called for in the Quran and Muhammad himself ordered to be carried out. He said to do it and ordered it himself. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

"that’s not what the Koran says" is so demonstrably false it boggles the mind.  :wall:
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

I saw a re-post on Facebook (re-posted by none other than Sam Harris) with a panel of political commentators, the ones you usually expect to downplay and be "diplomatic" about even the worst atrocities change their tune.

The gist between the 3 commentators was that we need to use more free speech and get everyone on board that we won't tolerate extremism, but still the bland "Islam isn't to blame, but only fundamentalists" or some stupid shit, like it isn't in the Qur'an already.

Anyways: http://on.fb.me/1tNyCCa

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Atheon on January 07, 2015, 10:12:50 PM
A white man just bombed an NAACP headquarters in Colorado. Ergo, by the logic of some of the posters above, whiteness is to be blamed, and all white people are guilty. Or, malehood is to be blamed and all males are guilty.

Sorry. This act of terror was done by a handful of extremists. They do NOT represent Islam, just as the NAACP bomber does not represent white people or males.

I think Islam, like any religion, is wrong; it's false; it's irrational' it's ridiculous; it's oppressive. But every religion (even Buddhism) has its violent extremists.

I understand you mean well, prejudice is unacceptable.

But blaming Islam for such acts is not prejudice. It is entirely accurate. They derive justification for acts of terrorism directly from their teachings.

We put so much effort into maintaining this belief where everyone deserves equal treatment, which is good, yet in this we have somehow made the mistake of becoming complicit to the fact that Islamic society has no interest whatsoever in equality.

It would seem that all too many are completely oblivious to this double standard, and insanely enough, even imbeciles like Ben Affleck will unknowingly and unthinkingly defend the "right" of Islamic states to oppress their own people (especially women)

We are far too concerned with stigmas such as being a labelled a "racist" (or whatever) for trying to present a blunt and honest viewpoint.

Or, on the other side of that, we are preoccupied with dog piling upon those who do.

This is not working, and never will.

baronvonrort

Jihad Jane is a blonde haired blue eyed American woman in jail for plotting to kill a cartoonist.
Molly Norris is in hiding after advice from the FBI after the draw Muhammad day.

If you stop drawing cartoons does that mean the muslims I mean terrorists have won, is that what they want you to stop doing?

Of course the leftists from the USA allow Islam to be violent and use ideological thuggery yet they would not tolerate that from any other ideology.

What does Allah the most merciful of those who show mercy say to do with cartoonists who are at war with Islam?
www.quran.com/5/33

Youssuf Ramadan

Some of the hostages lost their lives, unfortunately, but the good news is that as far as the terrorists go, the French fuzz shot the fuckers dead.  Well done! Allez la France!!  :super:

In Britain, we'd have probably shot the wrong bloke like what happened at one of the tube stations a few years back, or fucked it up by shooting them in the foot, leaving them free to whine about their rights while languishing in prison at the tax-payer's expense with free education and internet access, and being feted as heroes by the other fundies in the pokey.   

Munch

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on January 09, 2015, 04:41:44 PM
Some of the hostages lost their lives, unfortunately, but the good news is that as far as the terrorists go, the French fuzz shot the fuckers dead.  Well done! Allez la France!!  :super:

In Britain, we'd have probably shot the wrong bloke like what happened at one of the tube stations a few years back, or fucked it up by shooting them in the foot, leaving them free to whine about their rights while languishing in prison at the tax-payer's expense with free education and internet access, and being feted as heroes by the other fundies in the pokey.

if only it really was the pokey.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

More of them being hunted in Paris, a pair of them shot up a Jewish grocery, 4 confirmed dead
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit