News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God Exists - Absolute Proofs

Started by josephpalazzo, November 18, 2015, 05:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

I'm only putting this for the lol. The ignorance is so astounding that you can only laugh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbxD04LWW10

TomFoolery

Absolute proof?

Absolut 100 proof can make anyone feel like they've met God, when ingested in sufficient quantities.

How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

peacewithoutgod

Shout loud enough, and you just may shout away your own quivering remnants of critical thought. The bastard has that down!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

Setting up straw men as debate opponents?  Makes you feel better at night.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

JBCuzISaidSo

It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

Hakurei Reimu

The banners at the bottom makes me feel like I'm watching an infomercial. Then I realize, I am.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Most people don't know or don't want to know metaphysics.  This is why metaphysical words like "exist" are poorly used and even more poorly understood".  It would be like an American football fan, who didn't want to know what a "forward pass" is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Questions for our Christian trolls (you know who you are):

1. Howcum you never see infomercials for science, atheism, or rational thought? Why doesn't Dawkins need to rely on badvertising to sell his books?

2. Why is it that Christianity relies on such a hard sell, and at this point I'm not talking just the advertising - why the same high-pressure sales of a car dealer, or insurance salesman (sign here and heaven will take care of you, don't get caught in hell)?

3. Why the fear tactics of organized crime racketeers with the threats of eternal hellfire - how can the reality of your likeness to such characters feel right to you?
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

Kibitzing ... Christians are used religion salesmen.  This was long before used cars ... but not before used chariots ;-)  Christianity is the kind of Judaism that little old ladies from Pasadena used to drive to the grocery store only on weekends ;-)  Islam is more like GTA ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Termin

" Proof God exists" would have been enough.. but when you have to state they are "absolute" proofs, that makes me suspicious right off the bat
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

TomFoolery

Quote from: Baruch on November 19, 2015, 07:15:13 PM
Most people don't know or don't want to know metaphysics.  This is why metaphysical words like "exist" are poorly used and even more poorly understood".

Just offer them this brief history of philosophy:
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

SkyChief

If you ever wondered what the term "special pleading" meant, look no further.

Behold the poster-child for special pleading.

The entire premise, and all his "proof"  is based on fallacies offered in his Buy-Bull.

FAIL.

[insert sad trombone sound here]
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."    - Albert Einstein

1liesalot

widdershins

I started trying to watch that.  I wanted to see this "proof".  Spoiler alert, the "proof" is nothing more than, "We don't fully understand this, therefore God!"  It boggles the mind how they can simply dismiss all the reality-based evidence for evolution and then go on to call this nonsense "proof".  I kept watching waiting for him to introduce some fact, but he never did.  Not one.  Convoluted argument after convoluted argument without a single "fact" in sight.
This sentence is a lie...

MilesAbbott

I tried watching it, but if quoting a WSJ article is this man's definition of proof, then I have no faith in the rest of the video.

Despite that, there IS absolute proof of the existence of God, and it's incredibly simple: something cannot come from nothing. I've said it before for those of you who actually remember me, but this IS the ultimate proof. Matter simply cannot spontaneously come into existence from nothing. Nothing cannot create anything at all; it has no will, desire, or means. Nothing is nothing, plain and simple. Furthermore, the Law of the Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. If energy can't be created, then how can it possibly exist? This law implicitly states that the existence of the universe is impossible, and therefore only One capable of doing the impossible could've created it: God.

Do you honestly think that a great wad of matter always existed, compacted until it exploded and randomly created such perfect creations as Earth, on which life is sustained by such an extraordinary amalgamation of the elements, an amalgamation that has created economies and landscapes from igloos to skyscrapers, from carpentry to nuclear engineering? Get real, stop fooling yourselves. There IS a God, and His wrath is coming upon us all for our many and grievous sins.