Hungary's solution to immigration

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, May 27, 2018, 11:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

Not really a fan of border walls, but I have to give them credit for being creative.

The government of Hungary did indeed build a border wall, but they built it 15 feet inside the boarder.  In some places the was is even further inside.  This is their solution to those who want to tie up the courts on behalf of immigrants.

What this means is that by being outside the wall, a potential immigrant is STILL in Hungary, he is not deported.  Therefore the government can't be held in the wrong for deporting without a hearing.  But the immigration centers are not tied up with potential immigrants which normally means releasing immigrants into the general population.  They think it is a Soros conspiracy that they've found a solution to - okay, whatever.

They are neither in the general population nor in a immigration holding center nor deported.

Also, because the wall is NOT on the boarder, any potential immigrant can walk away any time they want.  If they do so, though, they miss their immigration hearing and are denied by default.  It seems few want to stick around for the hearing and move on to some easier country.

Actually, to impressed to say that it is bad.

Hungary INGENIOUSLY STRIKES BACK at the EU
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Munch

Interesting idea. So their within Hungary's borders and under its laws, but need to pass the documenting process to be given proper access to the rest of hungary.
This seems perfectly fair to me, since it'll be like airport security screening process
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sal1981

Hungary has every right to build a border fence, inside of their own borders.

Munch

Quote from: Sal1981 on May 28, 2018, 05:19:43 AM
Hungary has every right to build a border fence, inside of their own borders.

Its genius really, instead of having the problem inside hungry and overcrowding leading to migrants illegally washing and disappearing into the country, this method prevents overcrowding in small areas and better legal processing of migrants, and since they can't just escape into the country itself, their forced to wait out the legal process, or leave.

This really needs to be implemented across Europe
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 28, 2018, 05:11:25 AM
Interesting idea. So their within Hungary's borders and under its laws, but need to pass the documenting process to be given proper access to the rest of hungary.
This seems perfectly fair to me, since it'll be like airport security screening process

Exactly like an international airport.  People get stuck at an airport, in "stateless" status.  They can't be admitted by customs, and they have no home to go back to ... so they are stuck in the airport no-mans-land.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

No home to go back to?
Where did they come from? Surely they have had homes, large families, relatives, friends, employers?

If you destroy /lose your passport there are still records, documents left about you behind from your country of origin?

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on May 28, 2018, 08:45:37 AM
No home to go back to?
Where did they come from? Surely they have had homes, large families, relatives, friends, employers?

If you destroy /lose your passport there are still records, documents left about you behind from your country of origin?
This was the theme of a Tom Hanks movie.  A guy get's trapped in a NY airport because his country was experiencing a coup.  During a coup, the status of the country as an actual country is not recognized until the government or new government exists again.  That and a lot of carefully crafted red tape as in Hungary, makes no agency responsible for that person and allows for great creativity in handling cases.  It's a crazy loophole that Hungary may have got from the movie.

pr126

Yes, I saw the film.
But these "refugees" are free to move anywhere except through the fence into Hungary.

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on May 28, 2018, 09:08:57 AM
Yes, I saw the film.
But these "refugees" are free to move anywhere except through the fence into Hungary.
Yes, but I had a hard time following the chain of loopholes that keeps them from tying up the courts and gives Hungary more control over the influx...?

This whole European Union thing is a surprise to me.  I thought it was to make travel and trade around Europe convenient for a more mobile society.  Until this refugee thing came up, I didn't realize it would mean a loss of sovereign control.

pr126

Member countries of the EU have relinquished their sovereignty to Brussels.
The EU started out in the 1970s as EEC, which was a European trade "club" but during the years it has metastasized into what it became Eurabia

Which was the plan all along.
Only the politicians knew it, the general public was kept in the dark.

Also, the "annexation" of the North African/Middle East countries was kept secret.
Well, not exactly a secret, it was on the web, if you knew where to look.
Very few did.

see Barcelona Declaration

Union for the Mediterranian

Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area

Which also means the free movement of populations, the reason for uncontrolled migration.
Which was planned and agreed on 40 years ago.

Baruch

"schengen" is the free movement plan, that didn't happen on day one of the new EU.  But once it did happen, you have Polish workers going all the way to Ireland to find work, same as in the US you might be a construction guy, and move from state to state following the market.

But "schengen" was a loophole for immigrants too, for the same reason I don't have to present a passport when going over the state line into another US state.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 28, 2018, 10:43:09 AM
"schengen" is the free movement plan, that didn't happen on day one of the new EU.  But once it did happen, you have Polish workers going all the way to Ireland to find work, same as in the US you might be a construction guy, and move from state to state following the market...

I am amazed you suggested that analogy as legitimate.  Because from an EU POV, that is very accurate.

But, oddly enough, I find myself on the side of US national (or for the EU) , EU borders.  You don't have a nation if you have no controlled borders. 

I am completely in favor of immigration with limits.  I appreciate all who have come here and done well.  I don't care where people come FROM, so long as it is basically balanced so that "The Melting Pot" still works. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 05:58:54 AM
I am amazed you suggested that analogy as legitimate.  Because from an EU POV, that is very accurate.

But, oddly enough, I find myself on the side of US national (or for the EU) , EU borders.  You don't have a nation if you have no controlled borders. 

I am completely in favor of immigration with limits.  I appreciate all who have come here and done well.  I don't care where people come FROM, so long as it is basically balanced so that "The Melting Pot" still works.

Yes, except for GB, the schengen trick screwed all the EU.  Channel.  And yes, melting pot, in European it is called fondue ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 29, 2018, 06:51:33 AM
Yes, except for GB, the schengen trick screwed all the EU.  Channel.  And yes, melting pot, in European it is called fondue ;-)

I'll bet Europeans DO NOT call it "fondue".  Why must you make jokes when otherwise trying to discuss a serious topic?  I'm really curious.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 07:05:52 AM
I'll bet Europeans DO NOT call it "fondue".  Why must you make jokes when otherwise trying to discuss a serious topic?  I'm really curious.

Do you hate cheese fondue, or chocolate fondue, or both?  You heat up a delicious sauce, and dip bread chunks in it with a fork.

I am not joking, just using language in a colorful, non-boring way.  Europeans call our US melting pot "merde" in French.  What do you call it?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.