News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Funeral in Rawalpindi

Started by pr126, March 05, 2016, 04:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Thousands at funeral of Pakistani executed for murdering governor
QuoteAn estimated crowd of more than 100,000 people have attended the funeral of Mumtaz Qadri, in a massive show of support for the convicted murderer of a leading politician who had criticised Pakistan’s blasphemy laws.

The vast gathering on Tuesday centred on Liaquat Park in Rawalpindi, where a succession of clerics made fiery speeches bitterly condemning the government for giving the go-ahead for Monday’s execution of Qadri, a former police bodyguard who became a hero to many of his countrymen after he shot and killed Salmaan Taseer, the governor of Punjab province, in 2011.

Fearing violence, authorities closed schools and beefed up security in both the garrison city of Rawalpindi and neighbouring Islamabad, the capital. Key roads were closed to traffic and the “red zone” near important government buildings was sealed.

Many people had travelled from around the country to attend the funeral, and crowds spilled out of the park on to the adjacent thoroughfare where throngs crushed around the flower-strewn ambulance that eventually brought Qadri’s body to the event.
I wondered where all those fabled moderate Muslims are.

Draconic Aiur

In other countries supposely.

CloneKai

wonder what would happen if there was actual democracy there.
they need a serious secular dictator who will force them out of their sh!tty stone age mindset.

pr126

Quote from: CloneKai on March 05, 2016, 05:55:03 AM
wonder what would happen if there was actual democracy there.
they need a serious secular dictator who will force them out of their sh!tty stone age mindset.o
Not going to happen. Allah is the dictator, and will not have competition.

pr126

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 05, 2016, 04:37:30 AM
In other countries supposely.
It can't be too hard to prove it? Go on, let us into this secret.
I mean, 1.6 billion moderate, peaceful Muslims should not be so difficult to find.

I know of one country where Muslims are made to behave. Singapore.

Baruch

The Pakistani authorities missed the opportunity to get rid of potential rebels.  With Pakistan composed of multiple tribes, ethnic cleansing is their only option ;-(  The British had their chance over a 200 year period, and failed.  I would think that Iran could try again, returning to the policy of the ancient king Darius, reestablish Taxila as a Persian province.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.