News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

An Apology to Atheists

Started by Aletheia, March 03, 2015, 06:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aletheia

This doesn't fix the problem, but it is encouraging nonetheless...

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

SGOS

Good to hear.  Atheists will hear it, anyway.

Munch

This is good. This means if all christians really acted upon the real in depth truth about the bible, when they start raping in the name of god, killing children in the name of god, stoning gays and none christians in the name of god, this will mean when the army comes in and takes them out, we're know they were truth believers.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

I dunno about that first part, I'm not sure I'd like the results of Christians doing what the Bible says.  And I've seen far too many people who think their own views are the "right" way and all the other Christians are doing it wrong.  Perhaps fellow Christians should be the recipients of the next apology.

I agree, if they stopped to think, Christians would see that atheists can be moral, too.  Though I'm not sure thinking and faith would coexist for very long.

And yeah, the judgmental stuff is bad.  Especially since the stuff they're eager to denounce (blasphemy and gay romance) doesn't hurt anyone and may not be quite the evils they'd like to believe they are.

Hijiri Byakuren

I'm willing to take this at face-value and accept his good intentions for what they are. This is a good start.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Solitary

The platitudes are nice, but who's morality is he talking about, and if he and others need religion to be moral, what happens when they no longer believe? And religious text certainty isn't a guide for moral behavior. Of course he means the teachings of Christ that tried to overcome the insanity in the Old Testament and New Testament. Are people really so stupid and insane they don't know right from wrong without a leader? Of course they are, as 6,000+ years of history, and even today verify. A good Christian: "Christianity is love, and thou shalt not kill!" Unless I have a good reason supported by my faith, or for my country to invade another country that is not a threat accept in my delusional mind by listening to authority that says I should.  :wall: :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.