5 Lies Atheist Tell (WARNING! May Cause Brain Shrinkage!)

Started by stromboli, July 28, 2014, 07:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on July 28, 2014, 11:24:08 AM
It's strange watching someone who doesn't know what he's talking about speaking with such pompous authority.
You've never been to church?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

josephpalazzo

Generally, when Christians say that atheists are lying, what they are really saying is: atheist are telling the truth and we don't like it.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Like one of those AHA! Lightbulb moments as a Christian when a pastor stands up to "prove" the truth of the religion, and takes every proof directly out of the bible. And then stands there looking all satisfied with himself.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on July 28, 2014, 01:52:41 PM
Like one of those AHA! Lightbulb moments as a Christian when a pastor stands up to "prove" the truth of the religion, and takes every proof directly out of the bible. And then stands there looking all satisfied with himself.
Hey, the Bible's true because the Bible says so.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

SGOS

It's strange watching someone who doesn't know what he's talking about speaking with such pompous authority.

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 28, 2014, 12:10:44 PM
You've never been to church?

Yes I have, and I thought that was strange too.

Munch

I've been to church.

It was a hot day and they had high ceilings.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nam

Quote from: Munch on July 28, 2014, 02:44:07 PM
I've been to church.

Lucky bastard!

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on July 28, 2014, 02:44:07 PM
I've been to church.

Last one I was in had no A/C. This was 1959.
PZ Myers

Contemporary Protestant

I don't think anyone has an open mind, everyone has that one thing they are fundamentally against

I do not think Marxism is a good idea and I am not willing to try it, this in a way makes me closed minded

and i am fairly certain everyone has something like that too

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Contemporary Protestant

I like private property and regard religion as harmless, Marx would disagree with me on both topics

stromboli

The only marx I ever paid attention to was named Groucho.