Is this a church/state violation? How the fuck is this not?!!

Started by peacewithoutgod, September 16, 2015, 01:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peacewithoutgod

In Albuqurque, New Mexico, a festering asshole of a family court judge is forcing parents to attend prayer sessions, ignoring their complaints that this is inappropriate. This is the story of a mother who's children were taken from her for "contempt of court" when she stopped attending, after her complaints went unaddressed. Of all the most contemptible shit, it's the courts that commit the most of that!

http://news10.com/2015/09/16/court-ordered-religious-classes-raise-concerns/
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Hydra009

And not just that, the whole library thing is shaddy af!  It's amazing that no one called foul on that before now.

QuoteBut there are more red flags. Pepper holds her meetings inside public libraries.

“That way I can keep my costs down,” Pepper said.

But she’s not allowed to work in public libraries. City policy forbids the sale of products or services on library property.

Salzman says Pepper is aware of thatâ€" claiming she has her clients book the rooms in their names and pay her in cash.

“She had actually explained to me that you need to be discreet about it because I’m not allowed to exchange money in the public library. So I had to kind of hide the money and then literally pass the money under the table,” Salzman said.

Pepper wouldn’t tell KRQE News 13 about the cash payments.

1liesalot

For as long as mainstream media outlets are asking presidential candidates for their favourite bible passages, the line between church and state will continue to be blurred. The third estate (so called) should be challenging this shit, not encouraging it. For shame.

Baruch

The only good news is bad news.  If it is a slow news day, my tin foil hat is that reporters go out and start shit ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

There is precedent for this bullshit. For many years people convicted of alcohol related and drug related offenses have had to attend AA meetings and pray to the BigBook® and the "higher power" .. I challenged it in court and wound up spending a week in jail for refusal to attend.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

1liesalot

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 16, 2015, 08:20:02 PM
There is precedent for this bullshit. For many years people convicted of alcohol related and drug related offenses have had to attend AA meetings and pray to the BigBook® and the "higher power" .. I challenged it in court and wound up spending a week in jail for refusal to attend.

Wow, that's scary.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on September 16, 2015, 07:09:00 PM
The only good news is bad news.  If it is a slow news day, my tin foil hat is that reporters go out and start shit ;-)
So, you are dismissing this case as of no social significance? Well the New York Times reporters are already on the shitwagon, and I hope that when this over the shit lands directly on the head of every American theist with that attitude!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

peacewithoutgod

Fuck, really? Well I hope the ACLU is presently helping you clean up that piece of shit from the bench - a case such as that must not end this way, not anywhere!

doorknob

I could hijack this thread and have an entire bitch session about what's wrong with AA/NA meetings. Yes I agree total bullshit to be forced to attend these things. I had to just do my time in a rehab and halfway houses until I earned my freedom. I stopped going and I did relapse once but I've been clean for 7 years now and I feel quite confident that I will never use again.