More toxic masculinity condemned by the APA and Gillette razors ...

Started by Baruch, January 15, 2019, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Halkenburg on January 27, 2019, 04:43:51 AM
That's a fair interpretation of the ad, can't say I think it's off the mark. I personally interpreted the ad as grouping the bad apples together with the good ones a little too much. I feel like they didn't do enough to clarify that they are talking about a small minority of men.
Our nation was founded on the principle of 'might makes right.'.  And we still worship at that altar.  The majority of the US claims christianity--and they love that motto.  Our foreign policy is founded on that motto.  I have seen in operation in schools for my entire life, both as a student and teacher.  As a student I felt it first hand and saw that the bully more often than not got off with a hand slap at most.  Often the victim was asked to forget about it or live with it.  As a teacher in a juvenile hall school, I saw it all the time.  Many, many times the judge did not take the victim into account; or forced the victim to testify and if they did not, the charges were dropped.  Trump has lived this motto--he had the might to do what he wanted and claim it was 'right' to do so.  He was/is allowed to get away with it because he can wield a bigger club than most.  All of that is bullying.  And it is practiced by many more than a minority of men. (Yes, it is also practiced by powerful women, as well.)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

There are no nations founded by beta males, or beta females.  To Alphas, might does make right.  It also gets you into a shit load of trouble with other Alphas.  Churchill was an Alpha, Chamberlain was a beta.  Beta males/females are always bitching, but except in rare occasions of total Alpha screw up, don't do anything serious against the Establishment.  They are (and I am) sheep.

But of course, the US is the worst nation in history?  The US was founded not just on violence, but also propaganda.  The Founding Fathers were traitors and heretics.  But the 75% that didn't flee to Canada in 1783-1788 ... needed a brand new narrative to replace the British one.  Then in 1865, the US needed an updated narrative to replace the rebel one.  Americans are no longer rebels by nature, that died in 1865.  Sheep for over 159 years now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

I used to think of Europe as America's more mature older brothers. I'm not so sure about that any more. Speaking as someone who's rarely even left Texas, much less the country, I don't have much experience on the matter. But from what I've seen, Japan might be the country that's got stuff figured out. With an impressively low crime rate, and the introspection to see their own flaws. They're quite the contrast American "patriotism."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 27, 2019, 01:45:35 PM
I used to think of Europe as America's more mature older brothers. I'm not so sure about that any more. Speaking as someone who's rarely even left Texas, much less the country, I don't have much experience on the matter. But from what I've seen, Japan might be the country that's got stuff figured out. With an impressively low crime rate, and the introspection to see their own flaws. They're quite the contrast American "patriotism."

Ah, but you can't become Japanese.  Like in Periclean Athens, you have to be Japanese on both sides (father and mother) and be raised entirely in Japan.  It is a monoculture ... with its own problems.  Multicultural it isn't, in spite of Japanglish and other silly borrowings.  Scratch the surface of them, and you find a Medieval racism like no other.  Authoritarian as a katana blade to your neck.

I love Japanese culture.  I would give my left arm, for US children to have to scrub the floors of their schools as a regular activity.  But conformity bullying does lead to some suicides of children.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 26, 2019, 03:39:44 AM
Guys, if this ad came out couple of years ago, you would all give the reaction Munch did and then some. LOL What changed? Trump?
My mental health improved. Turns out I'm a pretty reasonable guy when my brain isn't trying to make itself implode.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 26, 2019, 03:39:44 AM
Guys, if this ad came out couple of years ago, you would all give the reaction Munch did and then some. LOL What changed? Trump?

Pickel you took a pic of a woman sitting on a completely empty car in subway, because she put her bag on the empty seat next to her and posted here to show how 'selfish' women are. Remember? How would you react to this ad if you watched it in those days? It's just an example from the top of my head. I had similar ridiculous conversations with almost every male poster in this forum.

Frankly, you guys were at the right and pretty much red pill about these subjects. Almost everyone in this forum -Mike, Shiranu aside- gave reactions to everything remotely close to what this ad advocates worse than Munch is doing now very little time ago.

The ad is mainly about bullying. And it is a very serious, constantly growing problem everywhere around the world. It's defined with toxic masculinty, because of its often physical nature. Of course bullying doesn't have a gender. However, you people all know about trends like the red pill and where it arrived. There are young male generations who never had any relationship, growing up that there is no such thing as rape or sexual harassment, but only women lying. And that violence is something they deserve because of their form of behaviour; what's more sexual crimes and violence are necessary evils for society to proper itself.

This is no exeggeration. Toxic masculinity has already gone far beyond bullying and sexual harassment in traditional sense. And the main reason there will be more ads or campaigns like this pressing on male part is that there is a sickness out there beyond sexism rigt now. It also arrived to Middle East couple of years ago. As if there were any kind of equality in this shit of a land, now there are the red pill camps. 

The last time I checked, there was a serious dicussion in a subreddit how a mass awakening/development is not possible without taking the right to vote from women in the US. While this looks very absurd right now, please remember what is happening in your country in general now would very absurd 5 years ago. And you feel so comfortable because nothing like that could ever happen in the US. LOL For starters, let me remind you women have a right to vote in most Middle Eastern countries.     

I still stand by that picture. "Manspreading" is a fucking stupid whine by people that just want to complain. We have nads between our legs. Of course we're going to spread them a bit. There are exceptoins where people spread their legs unfathomably wide, but it's fucking rare, but not nearly as rare as women putting their god damned bag beside them, taking up a full extra seat, minimum.

Also. Odd of you to shit on me, since I was defending the commercial in the first place. This is why SJWs make so many enemies. They piss on people like they're a fucking lawn sprinkler.

It should be noted that Gillette doesn't give a shit about this topic in any other way but the monetary value it brings them. They don't care about women or men. They care about you supporting them and that you buy their products

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 27, 2019, 08:02:03 PM
should be noted that Gillette doesn't give a shit about this topic in any other way but the monetary value it brings them. They don't care about women or men. They care about you supporting them and that you buy their products

Surely you'd agree then, that the kind of people their trying to appeal to in that add is the wrong kind of demographic? You say sjws, so you acknowledge they exist, so it can be argued those are the ones their trying to appeal to in some clueless belief that sjws are some majority demographic.

This is the same tactic marvel comics tried on, and are now losing money over, because the people they are trying to appeal to are a very loud minority, making these companies think their the ones to push towards for profits.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on January 27, 2019, 08:24:34 PM
Surely you'd agree then, that the kind of people their trying to appeal to in that add is the wrong kind of demographic? You say sjws, so you acknowledge they exist, so it can be argued those are the ones their trying to appeal to in some clueless belief that sjws are some majority demographic.

This is the same tactic marvel comics tried on, and are now losing money over, because the people they are trying to appeal to are a very loud minority, making these companies think their the ones to push towards for profits.
You're just looking for something to be offended. You are the equivalent of a leftist sjw. You are a conservative sjw. You are just whining for the sake of whining, eagerly looking for offense in something that is simply talking about being a good decent man.

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 27, 2019, 09:11:49 PM
You're just looking for something to be offended. You are the equivalent of a leftist sjw. You are a conservative sjw. You are just whining for the sake of whining, eagerly looking for offense in something that is simply talking about being a good decent man.

Funny, it almost seemed like you were going for a rational conversation a post ago.
Kinda hard to be a leftist and conservative sjw the same time.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on January 27, 2019, 09:20:38 PM
Funny, it almost seemed like you were going for a rational conversation a post ago.
It's the right kind of demographic. It worked, didn't it?
Whether or not you agree with it. You have your mind on it. You helped direct traffic to THEIR video. You made them money.

It's marketing.

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 27, 2019, 09:23:00 PM
It's the right kind of demographic. It worked, didn't it?
Whether or not you agree with it. You have your mind on it. You helped direct traffic to THEIR video. You made them money.

It's marketing.

You are gonna need to back up that claim of them making money of course. Seems like people also decided to stop buying Gillette products because of it, but let's see how their stock works out before claiming shall we?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on January 27, 2019, 09:29:56 PM
You are gonna need to back up that claim of them making money of course. Seems like people also decided to stop buying Gillette products because of it, but let's see how their stock works out before claiming shall we?
Look at the YouTube video. 1: it's monetized. 2: it has a shit ton of views.
YouTube does not give a fuck about dislikes. Reactions are reactions.

If you are willfully denying how youtube monetization works, that's on you

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 27, 2019, 09:35:53 PM
Look at the YouTube video. 1: it's monetized. 2: it has a shit ton of views.
YouTube does not give a fuck about dislikes. Reactions are reactions.

If you are willfully denying how youtube monetization works, that's on you

Urm.. I said stock, not YouTube monetization. Long term stock

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on January 27, 2019, 09:37:42 PM
Urm.. I said stock, not YouTube monetization. Long term stock
I think they don't care. Even if they dip a tiny bit, it's good for them in the long run. They know this.

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 27, 2019, 09:45:33 PM
I think they don't care. Even if they dip a tiny bit, it's good for them in the long run. They know this.

Care to explain how?