Protests in Turkey; Police Terrorism

Started by drunkenshoe, June 01, 2013, 04:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:cry: I'm so sorry drunkinshoe that you have to be in that mess. Take care! I wish the best for you and the protestors, and hope everyone gets out alive. I hate politics more than most religions unless they promote hate and make the government a theocracy or fascist. So god dammed sad that we still have this crap in modern times. It literally makes me sick and tired, mad as hell, and frustrated because there's nothing I can do about it.  :x  "If our tempers don't sustain justice, there never will be any justice." TJ  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Brian37

Quote from: "Shiranu"
QuoteBut what if that population protests to have atheists arrested for blasphemy? Mobs of "protestors" called for the arrest of atheist bloggers in Bangladesh and one was murdered.

Dude, what?

"IN GENERAL, I like when people protest against governments.".

I think he is smart enough to not be cheering for atheists being arrested. And since that is not the situation in Turkiye, I don't see how it is relevant. They are not calling for the over-throw of the government, they are asking for the government to LISTEN to them.

QuoteAnd Jefferson supported the French Revolution but they ended up with Napoleon.

You say that like that was a bad thing. Compared to rulers of his time, Napoleon was great and a huge improvement over their aristocracy, improving standards of living, equality for minorities and expanding the empire.

Problem is they are in a backslide, right now they are not asking for an overthrow, but economically if things get worse for more people, they will.

I hope their government does listen to them just like ours seems to be ignoring the majority of our population too.  It pisses me off as to what is so obvious worldwide that people are not getting it.

How is it the stock market booms and corporate profits boom, and all workers get is loss of jobs or get more low paying jobs having to work longer hours for less, if they are lucky enough to have a job.

I am telling you, the same crap that caused the recession is the same thing that caused the Texas factory to explode is the same thing that caused the factory in Bangladesh to explode. It is the same thing that is causing record profits and worse conditions for more of western society in general. Global Corporatism.

Globally our stock market especially big banks and big oil, are the one world government. Workers worldwide have no political power at all. Unless those monopolies are broken, more and more people world wide are going to slide down and get worse.

The lull that distracts us is a short term bubble recovery. It throws crumbs at us, but is nothing more than bad bets and over conflated projections of speculation that lead to a balloon which gets popped and the CEOs skim off the top and dump the losses on the the rest of us.

For things to get better our global economy has to have the ethic of building not just to consume, but to problem solve and improve conditions. It cannot simply be consuming in the interest of solely making a buck.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

WitchSabrina

Just coming by here to check on you Drunkzie and to say Hope you're alright today.  Things in your country improving at all by now?   (sorry I've not kept up with this the past couple of days. Painting everyday - its finally raining)

What do you think will be the shakedown of all this, hon?

worrying *for* you - not *about* you k?  oxox
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

OtterPop

This guy just totally doesn't get it.
http://blogs.aljazeera.com/topic/turkey ... r-patience

Not only is he ignoring the problem with the government, he's still going to destroy the park.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/20 ... 15141.html

OtterPop

Looks like 10 types of Hell has broken out there.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/20 ... 16696.html

Been reading the #OccupyGezi and #WeAreGezi tweets all yesterday and today and the police have just been going absolutely insane, people are getting seriously injured.

Colanth

QuoteA statement from Mutlu's office said the aim of the intervention was to remove the banners of various groups in the square, which were making it look as though it was under "occupation". This was "negatively affecting our country's image in the eyes of the world opinion and leading to reaction from within the society".
They should stop worrying about how the protesters are "negatively affecting" world opinion, and start worrying about how the government's own actions are making the government look bad to the rest of the world.  Most of the rest of the world - the people, if not the various governments - are looking pretty favorably at what the people of Turkey are doing.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

PopeyesPappy

Just checking in to make sure Shoe is still alright.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

WitchSabrina

How's your country today Drunkzie?  You ok over there?

oxox

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"Just checking in to make sure Shoe is still alright.

Thank you, PAP. I am OK. I just can't do anything and try not to follow, because I can't sleep or function properly. But it got worse in the last two days.

I know it has. Keep your head down, K?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Bri, PAP, I am OK guys thank you so much. Just trying to deal with it. Cannot work for now, I hope I will be back to normal in a few days.

I'll try to swim a little. I cannot do anything entertaining, I feel guilty. People are in resistance there against fucking animals and I cannot do anything.

You'll just have to forgive me this one:
But I'm reminded of a couple of movie lines (from Dragonheart)

Castle guard:   "The peasants are revolting!!"
Prince:   "They've always been revolting.  But now they're rebelling!"

:rollin:

ok.............  got that out of my head.

WitchSabrina

Shiranu

Drunken: Erdogan supporters have been saying (I think for awhile now) that they are ready to go out on the streets and "support" Erdogan (I interpret that as clash with the protesters). Does this, from what you have seen, seem like a likely event or are they just talk (if you have any idea)?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

I wish I understood Turkish so I could understand a thing they are saying...

That is in Ankara? Look's like a total mess atm.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hopist

You don't have a small brain!

The PM seems to have enough support to stay in power right now?
Eight months is a long time to wait until elections :(

For the PM to be talking in terms of final warnings is very dangerous imo, he is staking his reputation and political future on winning a confrontation, please look after yourself drunkenshoe.
"Raarghhh!" - Chewbacca, The Empire Strikes Back