10 years in jail and 2,000 lashes for tweeting that he was an atheist

Started by pr126, September 01, 2016, 11:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaleb5000

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 06, 2016, 09:49:48 PM
No, these are not objective facts. Where do you get these from?

Would you say that every human being with no mental disabilities knows cold blooded murder is wrong in their heart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaleb5000

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 06, 2016, 09:54:16 PM
Ah, I see. You get these morals from the illogical waste of trees known as, the Bible. Grow up, the Bible is a load of horseshit. There is no god, you don't get to go to heaven. The earth isn't flat (as implied in the Bible), man evolved from lower life forms and were not created, accept it and move on. Why don't you maintain an open mind and think to yourself "is this really logical?". you don't have to tell me because there is nothing a human hates more than being proven wrong. Accept the facts and move on, a good atheist/evolutionist primer is the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

Where in the bible does it say the earth is flat?

What makes you believe we evolved?

How do you know there is no God or Heaven?

I have no problem being proved wrong if it's the truth.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 06, 2016, 10:05:41 PM

It's late so I'll answer your last question.

I do not think the earth or universe is infinite because there are signs that we are depleting our resources. If it was infinite we would have a infinite amount of resources.

Shiranu

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 06, 2016, 10:56:22 PM

I do not think the earth or universe is infinite because there are signs that we are depleting our resources. If it was infinite we would have a infinite amount of resources.

The resources are not ceasing to exist, they just are changing forms.

For all practical purposes, the universe is infinite due to just how much of it there is.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Shiranu on September 06, 2016, 11:42:56 PM
The resources are not ceasing to exist, they just are changing forms.

For all practical purposes, the universe is infinite due to just how much of it there is.

Explain on both points please?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 06, 2016, 10:56:22 PM

It would be nice if you would simply answer them later or on another day, then, instead of skipping them.  I realize they are uncomfortable for you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 07, 2016, 08:38:03 AM
It would be nice if you would simply answer them later or on another day, then, instead of skipping them.  I realize they are uncomfortable for you.

Not uncomfortable at all. Some were humorous.

Hydra009

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 06, 2016, 10:42:13 PMWould you say that every human being with no mental disabilities knows cold blooded murder is wrong in their heart?

No.

Kaleb5000

Me- I never said the universe came from nothing I said it cant come from nothing. There for there must be a creator

You- Where did you get the notion that the universe came from nothing?

Me- Retread my statement

Me--- How can a simple being be the creator of all we know. How can a simple being be all knowing, all powerful, and everywhere all at once?

You--This is your fiction--you tell me.

I asked you a question I was not making a statement

Me- The fact the sun rises everyday. Gravity continues to exist? We have air to breath? The circle of life.

You- this is your perfection???  You do know why the sun rises everyday?  Right???  You do know how gravity works?  Right?  And you do know where 'air' comes from?  Right??  The circle of life--are you quoting a Disney movie????

Me-- yes to all you questions above. Who doesn't like the Lion King?

Me--Actually it's easier to believe what ever you want to believe and do what ever you want to do and be held accountable by no one.

You--It is easier to believe in anything I want?  Well, no not really.  I like to use reason to figure things out.  BTW, I don't think as I do because of belief and faith.  I need facts and reasons to think a certain way.  I can't just create things to believe in.  Accountable to no one?  First, I don't need a monster god who threatens me with hell to act humanly towards people and animals.  I do so because it is the right thing to do.  And I have reasons for that thought.   

Me- If you used reason you would at best be a Christina and at worst be a agnostic. It is completely unreasonable to make a statement saying there is no God. How could you possible know that?

Me- I used to be agnostic and believe me life was much simpler then. I did not care how we got here or why or about where I was going when I died.

You--I used to be agnostic, as well.  I am now a full blown atheist.  I know where I'm going when I die.  I will become dust and then separate atoms.   

Me- again you do not know this. You can not say there is not a after life. You would have to be all knowing

Me-Why is killing to eat a bad thing. It is perfect in my opinion. The circle of life.

You--Killing is bad in that it is simply not necessary for life to be.  I'm not surprised you don't have a problem with it--being as you are so moral, and all. 
     The circle of life--what is that to you?

Me--- are you a vegetarian or vegan or whatever else doesn't eat animals?

Me- Why do you assume defects and disease come from God?

You-Where else would they come from?  Is there another creator in your universe??????

Me- they would come from ourselves. We certainly have screwed with nature here.

Me---Why do you assume God had a creator? He is infinite? No beginning no end?

You--Why not assume the universe always was and will be?????? 

Me-  I will not assume the universe is infinite when we are depleting our resources if it was infinite we would have it unless amount of resources.  Plus the resources we have had a beginning therefore they're not infinite.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 07, 2016, 12:29:41 PM

No.

What does this prove? Would you say somebody who follows the ideology of Isis is totally mentally sane?

Hydra009

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 06, 2016, 10:51:15 PM

Where in the bible does it say the earth is flat?

What makes you believe we evolved?

How do you know there is no God or Heaven?

I have no problem being proved wrong if it's the truth.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/earth_flat.htm

Evidence for Evolution:

-Fossil records show a smooth transition between one life form and another.
-Genetic commonalities provide plenty of evidence to suggest that evolution is true. We share 90% of genes with chimpanzees.
-Bacterial resistance to antibiotics. MRSA is a great example of how Staph. Aureus evolved to be resisint to methicillin.
-Species in the same class have similar characteristics. All insects have 6 legs for instance, that suggests all insects came from a common ancestor.

Obviously I'm not a biologist, some don't take my word for it. Read a book on evolution with an open mind.

How do I know there is no god?:

I don't know for sure, there is no good evidence for the existence of god though.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Baruch

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 06, 2016, 07:39:28 PM

For me to address any of this please tell me what G-d is.

You are the one making the claim.

But to tell you my own experience, would require as many years as I have lived, and I would get it all wrong, because memory is unreliable.  My experience is my evidence.  But I do have a handle on the present.  I have a right hand, it is helping my left hand to type this.  Atoms can't do that ... atoms are imaginary ... but useful anyway.  Just like Moby Dick.  But Moby Dick is useful for something different than the idea of atoms.  We have the idea of atoms, and modern man thinks this is obvious, just like earlier we thought that the Earth being flat was obvious.  The problem isn't with the facts, the problem is with people asserting things that they in fact don't know themselves ... they rely on experts ... priests or scientists.  I need neither, as far as my own hands go.  Every being is a demi-god ... and each demi-god is a reflection/image of G-d.  That is a metaphor, pointing to what can't be described.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 07, 2016, 06:04:57 PM
http://www.answering-christianity.com/earth_flat.htm

Evidence for Evolution:

-Fossil records show a smooth transition between one life form and another.
-Genetic commonalities provide plenty of evidence to suggest that evolution is true. We share 90% of genes with chimpanzees.
-Bacterial resistance to antibiotics. MRSA is a great example of how Staph. Aureus evolved to be resisint to methicillin.
-Species in the same class have similar characteristics. All insects have 6 legs for instance, that suggests all insects came from a common ancestor.

Obviously I'm not a biologist, some don't take my word for it. Read a book on evolution with an open mind.

How do I know there is no god?:

I don't know for sure, there is no good evidence for the existence of god though.

Thank you for your answers.

The link you posted is a Muslim site and every argument made on it has a counter argument. I do not have time to go through all of them. But no where in the bible or on that link does it say the earth is flat.

Revelation 7:1 mentions the four corners of the earth. But it does not say the world is flat.  It could be referring to North south east and west.

Why is it perfectly ok to sing a song about the ends of the earth without being accused of thinking the world is flat.

Or when when say the sun rises and sets we know it doesn't do that.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Baruch on September 07, 2016, 06:28:46 PM
You are the one making the claim.

But to tell you my own experience, would require as many years as I have lived, and I would get it all wrong, because memory is unreliable.  My experience is my evidence.  But I do have a handle on the present.  I have a right hand, it is helping my left hand to type this.  Atoms can't do that ... atoms are imaginary ... but useful anyway.  Just like Moby Dick.  But Moby Dick is useful for something different than the idea of atoms.  We have the idea of atoms, and modern man thinks this is obvious, just like earlier we thought that the Earth being flat was obvious.  The problem isn't with the facts, the problem is with people asserting things that they in fact don't know themselves ... they rely on experts ... priests or scientists.  I need neither, as far as my own hands go.  Every being is a demi-god ... and each demi-god is a reflection/image of G-d.  That is a metaphor, pointing to what can't be described.

My experience tells me there is a God. So if both our experiences come to opposite conclusions one of us has to be wrong. Experience does not always dictate truth.

That last part lost me. Are you saying you are a Demi-God?