When Is The Right Time To Suggest Abandoning Gods?

Started by SkyChief, May 18, 2015, 11:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Givemeareason

Quote from: Solitary on May 19, 2015, 02:02:18 PM
SmOn A coot is a harmless simple person and you are old, why wouldn't I call you that? SmOff To hurt is to harm by definition you old coot. Solitary

You are viewing it from the wrong direction.  To experience hurt we can grow from that.  From harm we cannot.  We should view verbal pain as being harmless such that we might use it for own advantage.  Being allowed to experience you and this board have helped me immensely from where I was.  I needed this encounter.  You young coot!!
I am a Hard Athiest.  I am thought provoking inwardly and outwardly.  I am a nonconforming freethinker.

Givemeareason

Quote from: Solitary on May 19, 2015, 02:02:18 PM
SmOn A coot is a harmless simple person and you are old, why wouldn't I call you that? SmOff To hurt is to harm by definition you old coot. Solitary

If you like to know more on what I am saying start a thread on this subject.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illeism
I am a Hard Athiest.  I am thought provoking inwardly and outwardly.  I am a nonconforming freethinker.

Givemeareason

Quote from: Givemeareason on May 19, 2015, 02:59:31 PM
You are viewing it from the wrong direction.  To experience hurt we can grow from that.  From harm we cannot.  We should view verbal pain as being harmless such that we might use it for own advantage.  Being allowed to experience you and this be have helped me immensely from where I was.  I needed this encounter.  You young coot!!

The old coot did it again.  What I meant to say was that to experience pain we can grow from that.  If you seeing me going the wrong direction just turn me around and point me the other way.

Desdinova

Quote from: Givemeareason on May 19, 2015, 01:56:32 PM
Please take my response sincerely.  While you may have hurt me you have not harmed me.  And I hope you can say the same.  You may call me the old coot anytime you like.

Just do us one favor and rotate your avatar -45 degrees.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Givemeareason

Quote from: Desdinova on May 19, 2015, 03:52:21 PM
Just do us one favor and rotate your avatar -45 degrees.

You will need to explain that for me to decide if I want to do that.

Desdinova

Quote from: Givemeareason on May 19, 2015, 04:25:45 PM
You will need to explain that for me to decide if I want to do that.

Actually -90 degrees not -45.  That way I won't have to tilt my head to look at the old coot.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Givemeareason

Quote from: Desdinova on May 19, 2015, 04:37:01 PM
Actually -90 degrees not -45.  That way I won't have to tilt my head to look at the old coot.

I will presume you are asking me to leave which is really quite ridiculous as you have not been elected to represent us.  And whoever us is also includes me.  I suggest you hit the ignore button and you will feel much better.

Solitary

Quote from: Givemeareason on May 19, 2015, 02:59:31 PM
You are viewing it from the wrong direction.  To experience hurt we can grow from that.  From harm we cannot.  We should view verbal pain as being harmless such that we might use it for own advantage.  Being allowed to experience you and this board have helped me immensely from where I was.  I needed this encounter.  You young coot!!
I'm 73 years old sonny.
Quote from: Givemeareason on May 19, 2015, 03:31:47 PM
The old coot did it again.  What I meant to say was that to experience pain we can grow from that.  If you seeing me going the wrong direction just turn me around and point me the other way.
You do know that doesn't make any since they both mean the same thing and you can grow from both don't you? You must be a former jar head with his hat screwed on too tight.  :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Givemeareason on May 19, 2015, 04:42:56 PM
I will presume you are asking me to leave which is really quite ridiculous as you have not been elected to represent us.  And whoever us is also includes me.  I suggest you hit the ignore button and you will feel much better.
Jesus Christ! giveme.........................all the fuck he is asking you to do is to turn your picture right side up so we don't have to crank our heads around to see it correctly! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Givemeareason

Quote from: Solitary on May 19, 2015, 04:54:13 PM
I'm 73 years old sonny. You do know that doesn't make any since they both mean the same thing and you
can grow from both don't you? You must be a former jar head with his hat screwed on too tight.  :biggrin

2: Solitary

Thank you for noting that.  Yes pain and hurt are the same thing.  Since we are talking about non-physical experiences neither of us have been harmed. You now have an opportunity if you choose to make it so.  You can grow from our encounter or you can languish back into hate.  I am like the lawyer who is assigned to defend a client whom I know is guilty.  Even though I have been defending religion I still really don't like it.  It's just that my moral structure requires me to address what I perceive as injustice.  And from where I see it that is probably a good thing.  Doing so helps to eliminate pockets of hate and thereby enhances more unity amongst human beings.  I hope you take this opportunity and relinquish all hate.

Givemeareason

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 19, 2015, 05:52:34 PM
Jesus Christ! giveme.........................all the fuck he is asking you to do is to turn your picture right side up so we don't have to crank our heads around to see it correctly!

That's why I asked for an explanation.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SkyChief on May 18, 2015, 11:39:41 PM
A few of my dear friends are believers.

We have (had) a mutual understanding that discussion about religion/deities is off-limits. For obvious reasons.

I have respected that as well as they have.

I bet if they really believed their position is correct, and that they'd be able to prove it to you and convert you to a belief in their version of God, they'd be champing at the bit to do so. Because they know they can't do that, they'd rather stay completely away from it, else they might lose their own faith and be damned to hell for all eternity.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Givemeareason

My picture is on its side because I am obtuse.  I did that intentionally to better convey who I am.  However with this boards assistance I might become upright again.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'll make it my lifes work to hurt old coots except of course me, my gf and my dad..

Ok,  I'll "try" to avoid hurting you old coots IF I GOTTA.. :biggrin: 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Givemeareason

Quote from: Solitary on May 19, 2015, 04:54:13 PM
I'm 73 years old sonny. You do know that doesn't make any since they both mean the same thing and you can grow from both don't you? You must be a former jar head with his hat screwed on too tight.  :biggrin2: Solitary

No I was never a jarhead.  Knowing you are 73 creates an entirely different picture of you within my mind.  Being athiest at 73 suggests someone rather educated or you abandoned religion because of your pain.  By hating religion you are expressing your anger against God.  However yelling a "Fuck you" at me from your dead loved one indicates something I do not understand.  Would you care to clarify that?  I am not being devious, just nosey.