News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 18, 2020, 12:40:14 AMYou owe it to yourself Blackleaf, to have at least one Squirt!  Go ahead--slap on your mask and head out to your local best grocery and get one!
*literally dies from laughing*

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 17, 2020, 07:04:12 PM
Yeah.  It is the only soft drink that actually quenches my thirst.
Had one once. Didn't finish it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Anybody else heard of "squirts" as code for diarrhea?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 18, 2020, 05:35:22 AM
Anybody else heard of "squirts" as code for diarrhea?
Yeah--squirts for a little diarrhea--'the runs' for the bigly diarrhea.  Squirt could be renamed 'Mountain Don't' and I'd still drink it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 18, 2020, 08:43:45 AM
That's too bad--could you send it on to me???
Okay, I'll need your 1961 address and a DeLorean.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 18, 2020, 09:33:24 AM
Okay, I'll need your 1961 address and a DeLorean.
Okay.  Both are being shipped by the US postal service---opps, I meant US postal stop.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Why semantic arguments are from the Devil ...

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/hey-kid

It produces newscasters!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 18, 2020, 12:31:00 AM
I've never had Squirt. Ginger ale is fine, but only if you get the right brand. Some just suck.
By 'right brand' I'm going to assume you mean Vernor's.  Because it is.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Well, hopefully her holes are good, too!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Hydra009

It was in The Force Awakens.  Technically, he was cheering Poe blowing away trooper after trooper.  "Whooo!  Yeah!  That's one hell of a pilot!"

Finn was in a kill-or-be-killed situation, so it makes sense that he'd pull the trigger.  What doesn't make sense is that there wasn't the slightest hint of internal conflict about it or any further humanization of the stormtroopers besides Finn.  Not even a scene where he's trying to reason with stormtrooper prisoners.  That would've taken like a minute of screentime, two tops.

Compare that to Teal'c, who takes every opportunity to parlay (sometimes successfully, sometimes not), definitely struggles with going up against his own, treats with prisoners, helps deprogram people, spends whole seasons recruiting/training/supporting defectors, and has a hell of final showdown as a co-commander on the defectors' flagship.  And lemme tell you, the payoff from that was huge.

That's what happens when you have good writing and solid character development.  Otherwise, you just get a guy who defects and then kinda tags along with the good guys and basically gets forgotten.  Not an arc, just a character line.