News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

I read that a Russian killed a bunch of his comrades with an AK-47.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 07, 2024, 05:11:15 PMI read that a Russian killed a bunch of his comrades with an AK-47.
Yuri Galushko - a Ukrainian from an occupied part of Ukraine (iirc, he had lived in Russia for a while prior to the war and did have a Russia passport)

Hydra009

Seagal's opinion and a dollar can't buy me an arizona tea.

Hydra009

About half of North Korean shells fail, either veering off-course or exploding before reaching the target

I hope they explode in the barrel.  Trashy dictatorships deserve each other.

Hydra009

While the latest equipment loss figures haven't been good (less than the normal 3:1 ratio) today's figures are significantly better.

Russian losses: 2 air defense, 3 Surveillance/Comms, 1 Engineering Vehicle, 1 Boat, 3 Artillery, 9 tanks, 20 IFV, 5 APC (44 important units)
Ukrainian losses: 1 Surveillance/Comms (Starlink), 3 Artillery, 2 Tanks, 2 IFV, 3 APC (11 important units)

Ratios
2:0 air defense
3:1 Surveillance/Comms
1:0 Engineering vehicles
1:0 boats (though Ukraine did lose a naval drone, I don't really consider that a loss because it's unmanned and intended to be lost either way)
1:1 artillery
4.5:1 tanks
10:1 IFV (Excellent ratio!)
5:3 APC

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 07, 2024, 09:29:45 PMSeagal's opinion and a dollar can't buy me an arizona tea.
Seems drugged up or something.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on May 07, 2024, 10:15:22 PMSeems drugged up or something.
Pretty sure he was a wino even before moving to Russia.  He definitely found his people.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 07, 2024, 09:29:45 PMSeagal's opinion and a dollar can't buy me an arizona tea.

Fun fact. His name is actually pronounced "See-gal" but he went to an art exhibit of Chagall at some point and thought that sounded cool and changed how he pronounced his name.

What a ponce.

Hydra009

EU agrees to use interest of frozen Russian funds to fund Ukraine, paving the way for Ukraine to get €3 billion ($3.22 billion US dollars) this summer

Hydra009

Fun fact: a Russian T-80 recently got 1v1ed by a Ukrainian-operated Bradley.

Yeah, a vehicle that got built over 40 years ago.  (The T-80 is even older, so I guess it balances out)  TOW missiles are no joke.

US forces are due to get an upgraded version of the Bradley soonish, and we'll have to figure out a way to get rid of the old ones...

Hydra009

To please Dictator Putin, Russian schools are radically altering curriculum

QuoteIn a radical reshaping of Russia's education system, curriculums are being redrawn to stress patriotism and textbooks rewritten to belittle Ukraine, glorify Russia and whitewash the totalitarian Soviet past.
It's worth noting that kidnapped Ukrainian children, of which there are thousands, are also "taught" this new curriculum.

Cassia

A lot of Russian apologists online on YT and twotter who appear to be Americans. Bots? Maybe. If not, yeah, it's easy to be so generous when there aren't any invading tanks rolling down your street or cruise missiles landing in your hood.

Unbeliever

I'd be willing to bet my lunch that those Russian apologists are Republicans.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on May 10, 2024, 01:38:35 PMA lot of Russian apologists online on YT and twotter who appear to be Americans. Bots? Maybe.
That's a known activity at this point  In all likelihood, there are indeed Russian apologists posing as Americans and others to push Russian narratives.  It'd certainly be a cheap and easy option for Putin, and it'd match his penchant for hybrid warfare.