News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Well, that's just eerie....

Started by Smartmarzipan, September 10, 2013, 11:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: "Shiranu"He has said alot of things and not done them, the dude is the stereotypical politician straight from the mold.
And I had such high hopes when he first ran.  Granted, I was elated to get rid of Bush, and that may have contributed to my unusual euphoria.  I expected great and wonderful things were going to happen, "Changes I Could Believe In", partly because it was so obvious that's what the country needed.  That, together with his dismal performance, crony capitalism, and his unusual strategy of preemptive political capitulation, he ended up being a major disappointment, probably the biggest disappointment in a president I've had (and I've learned to set pretty low expectations for a president).

I never expected him to withdraw us from the wars Bush started in the Mid East.  Withdrawal without a decisive victory is a political minefield handed down from administration to administration, until the country's support is exhausted, and some unlucky schmo in the oval office is left with the old maid.  And now more than ever, Obama can't afford to have that added to his already lack luster legacy.