How can it be possible for us to be "born in sin"?

Started by peacewithoutgod, November 12, 2015, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 16, 2015, 09:01:35 PM
On a serious note. This is what I believe. Everyone is ultimately responsible for their own actions..Free will..I am taught to do it with integrity for for my own good.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Please, stop murdering the word "serious" - seriously!

When you eventually give up on us, you will likely console yourself with the opposite lie that few are chosen of many who are "called". It wasn't your fault, it was your god knocking at the door and speaking through you (YEAaaah), because he needed to show himself that he had made his appeals through you to bring his lost sheep into the fold, even while knowing (because he sees everything before it happens) that we would not swallow the hook. Which means either that no god is better at making ludicrously false claims, or that your god excels above all others at wasting time and effort.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 16, 2015, 10:13:20 PM
So what turned you away..

:72: :1rij: :57: :1rij: :57: :1rij: :72:
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 16, 2015, 10:54:07 PM
Forgive me. Nothing personal this just how I speak when Im talking about My faith. In life today we all need a Rock. That's where our Beliefs come from.

Some of us have rocks in the head, and some of us just need better metaphors.

JBCuzISaidSo

It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

peacewithoutgod

Forgive me. Nothing personal this just how I speak when Im talking about My faith. In life today we all need a Rock. That's where our Beliefs come from.

My rock:

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 16, 2015, 11:09:06 PM
HE THAT IS IN ME IS GREATER THAN HE THAT IS OF THE WORLD.

So you admit to being gay for that imaginary friend of yours? He gives you that not-of-this-Earth feeling, uh-huh?

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: JBCuzISaidSo on November 17, 2015, 12:12:34 AM
Here's the bigger issue, who is "they" here? Aliens? Sasquatch? I mean, holy shit, who is the "they" in this sentence?
My all-time favorite B-movie with Roddy Piper:

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: JBCuzISaidSo on November 17, 2015, 12:30:17 AM
NO OBVIOUS POSTS. Dillhole broke the rules.
no shouting!

SGOS

Since you need a rock, everyone else does too?  This is entirely false.  Beliefs that come from rocks, or to interpret your stupid metaphor more accurately, "ideas that cannot change," prevent growth and the accumulation of knowledge.  It's not something a half way intelligent person would even desire. 

Fortunately the dark ages were replaced by the age of reason, and civilization began to drag itself out of the swamp of ignorance.  No thanks to the rock believers, however.  At first a few stalwart thinkers started to actually figure things out for themselves, sometimes at great personal peril, even threatened by death from the church (the biggest impediment to growth and knowledge).  Others began to follow, realizing the failure of the believers in unchangeable ideas that caused centuries of human misery and stagnation, they began to use reason to discover truths, and society began to advance.

You are wrong about everyone needing rocks.  We especially don't want your addiction to rocks.  Yes, you can freeload in your ignorance and get swept along by those who advance knowledge and improve your life with better with doctors, hospitals, police departments, and heaven forbid, schools to educate your children.  Yes, not all of your children will be held in your captivity of ignorance.  Some will break free and make actual contributions to society, which you will benefit from.

Baruch

Quote from: g2perk on November 16, 2015, 11:09:06 PM
HE THAT IS IN ME IS GREATER THAN HE THAT IS OF THE WORLD.

But do you know what that means?  I agree with that, but it may mean something different to me than it does to you.  It isn't a slogan.

The interior life of a person is the proper focus of life, not the exterior life of a person.  It means ... interiority ... and implies contemplation comes before expression.  The Bible isn't an easy read, particularly the NT.  Most people, include most atheists, are literalists.

g2perk ... a posting style that is disjointed, isn't working for you.  That is what was weird.

Also I think you know now this is Fight Club ... don't expect to come here and not face a flurry of fists.  Good fists ... but fists!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

g2perk

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 17, 2015, 12:30:04 AM
Some of us have rocks in the head, and some of us just need better metaphors.
Your lack of one is the reason your here.

g2perk

Quote from: SGOS on November 17, 2015, 06:04:54 AM
Since you need a rock, everyone else does too?  This is entirely false.  Beliefs that come from rocks, or to interpret your stupid metaphor more accurately, "ideas that cannot change," prevent growth and the accumulation of knowledge.  It's not something a half way intelligent person would even desire. 

Fortunately the dark ages were replaced by the age of reason, and civilization began to drag itself out of the swamp of ignorance.  No thanks to the rock believers, however.  At first a few stalwart thinkers started to actually figure things out for themselves, sometimes at great personal peril, even threatened by death from the church (the biggest impediment to growth and knowledge).  Others began to follow, realizing the failure of the believers in unchangeable ideas that caused centuries of human misery and stagnation, they began to use reason to discover truths, and society began to advance.

You are wrong about everyone needing rocks.  We especially don't want your addiction to rocks.  Yes, you can freeload in your ignorance and get swept along by those who advance knowledge and improve your life with better with doctors, hospitals, police departments, and heaven forbid, schools to educate your children.  Yes, not all of your children will be held in your captivity of ignorance.  Some will break free and make actual contributions to society, which you will benefit from.
Let me help you here....A rock in the metaphorical sense is not just something that cannot change its something that is always consistent in your life. Something good.

g2perk

Quote from: JBCuzISaidSo on November 16, 2015, 11:43:43 PM
It's excellent, The Martian. Do go see it.

Man's nature is subjective, and an out dated holy book written 2,000 years ago by desert dwellers that considered women as property is exactly as subjective as that woman will let you be.
So are you saying good changes cannot come from old wrong doings.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: SGOS on November 17, 2015, 06:04:54 AM

Still, the rocks can be useful - on life and origins, there's much evidence which they've revealed  :s_cool: