News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

So, I'm interested in Islam

Started by Deidre32, January 25, 2015, 11:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Every person  that presents their beliefs to others does so in the best light possible. Mormon missionaries refer to it as "milk before the meat." The Mormon retention rate of new converts is 40%. When they find out the true facts, like pay, pray and obey, and that their daily lives a scrutinized and they are expected to follow a long list of rigorous duties, they depart.

Never take anything at face value. I guarantee that Islam is not what it was portrayed to you as.

leo

Are you a woman or a guy ? I asked because the idea of a woman converting to Islam is insane. Women are really second class citizens in Islam. I never reject anyone based on their religions beliefs. I not agree with them but I never judge or reject them.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

SGOS

Quote from: leo on January 26, 2015, 10:41:41 AM
Are you a woman or a guy ? I asked because the idea of a woman converting to Islam is insane.
Well, if you were a female masochist... maybe.

SGOS

If you want to check out Islam before you get in with both feet, just ask your boyfriend to treat you like shit for a couple of months.

dtq123

Make that a couple of men, since that's almost always the case in an Islamic family.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Desdinova

Well, I think this is a decision you have to make.  If it makes you feel better and its truly what you want, who are we to tell you otherwise.  I just don't know what you'll have in common with the rest of the forum after that.  I suppose as long as you don't try to force your views on others, we will continue to treat you with respect.  But I can see where you will run into some issues with topics that address your new found faith in a negative light.  When that happens you will have to expect some heated discussion and some vitriolic responses directed at you and Islam.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

pr126

@ Deidre32

Have you thought how this would impact your family and friends?

Don't say you haven't been warned.

leo

My real concern is : are you a girl or a guy ? Seriously the worst choice for a woman is to convert to Islam. Muslim women raised in Islam are used to be treated like subhumans. But this  would not be a wise choice for the rest of the worldwide women. Muslim countries are living in the dark ages and the penalty for apostasy is death. I hope you never live in a Muslim country for your sake. Good luck.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Deidre32

Oh my. ^_^
I kind of knew this might meet some opposition. I understand. But, there is a whole big world out there of Islam...and the majority of Muslims are peaceful, non violent people. Extremists are not the true Islam.

I will bbl to say more.

Hugs for you Pickledeggs...I'll always be me. :)
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on January 26, 2015, 11:50:04 AM
If you want to check out Islam before you get in with both feet, just ask your boyfriend to treat you like shit for a couple of months.

Pretty much this.

I'm sorry, I can't back up anyone willingly wanting to convert to such a backwards belief system, given what we know of it and what it does to people. And like many have said, just saying your be a moderate believer within said faith is just giving weight to the extremists, who themselves follow the Qur'an right down to its real meaning, a cult lead under the ideologies of child rape, killing those who don't follow you, and female subjugation. That is the true Islam, and being moderate within that is purposely ignoring all the evils in it.

Sorry if that offends your, but there's enough we know now to see Islam and Chrisianity for what it is. Study it that's fine, see it for what it is, but do not convert to it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Deidre32 on January 26, 2015, 01:11:01 PMBut, there is a whole big world out there of Islam...and the majority of Muslims are peaceful, non violent people. Extremists are not the true Islam.
If you thought your last post was divisive, you've aint seen nothing yet.  But yeah, I get that all Muslims out there aren't like ISIS and Al Qaeda.  I'm probably in the minority there, which is sad, but given the high-profile attacks and the general lack of personal experience with Muslims, it's an understandable false impression.

So yeah, there are peaceful and relatively benign muslim communities out there, especially in the West.  BUT Islam itself is generally pretty bad relative to other religions (to say nothing of secular humanism).  Even the fairly liberal strains are still playing catchup to modern western norms.

I might've misread you earlier.  I thought you were interested in learning more about Islam, not a prospective convert.  I'd encourage you to read up on Islam thoroughly and know exactly what you're getting into before you make the plunge. Because Islam is infamous for its terms and conditions and its no return policy.

pr126

QuoteExtremists are not the true Islam.

You are wrong.

The true Islam is exactly what the Taliban, ISIS, Al Qaida and all the other troglodytes do, according to the Quran and the sunna to the letter. 

That is REAL ISLAM TM. The works.

You don't have to believe me, ask an ex Muslim (NEVER a Muslim), or better still, read the Quran, hadiths and the Sirat al Rasul (biography of Muhammad.)

BTW, they are NOT extremist.
They are true believers, following Muhammad's example (Quran 33:21)

the_antithesis

Quote from: Deidre32 on January 25, 2015, 11:48:24 PM
I've had a void for the past year as her health declined, that I can't explain.

But you just did.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Deidre32 on January 26, 2015, 01:11:01 PM
Extremists are not the true Islam.

So the path to true islam is to act like you don't really believe it.

By that logic, we are all true muslims.

Draconic Aiur

You want to join the Persian revenge? Considering the Middle East eternal hellhole of conflict, i think you should reconsider. Also as for the peaceful Muslim religion, there is no peaceful religion, that's all bullshit created to preserve a religions image. Muslims are anything but peaceful, hell, the whole descendants of Persia are hellbent on killing the infidel and conquering the world; isn't that familiar?