News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New York or Chicago Style?

Started by stromboli, February 17, 2014, 10:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Plu"Anchovy is good stuff. Very salty. And too small to really have it looking back at you.

(What is it with people and having a problem with eating food that looks back at you?  :roll: )
I actually don't have a problem with my dead food having faces. It was more of a joke that got lost because I typed it.

Anchovy pizza is legit pizza. I just never tried it yet. Plus no one I know likes/tried it, so I don't know of a good place to try it. PLUS no places nearby, unless I go to the city a half an hour/ 1 hr away, has anchovy pizza. Not that many places in New Jersey makes pizza with anchovies.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

I had an anchovy pizza once.  Just once.  I also tried them straight... once.  But personal tastes vary.  I like pickled herring.  I love the stuff.  However, I wouldn't put it on a pizza.  Lot's of people think pineapple is good on pizza, but I don't understand why, and yes, I've tried it.

aitm

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Oh screw all of you. I've worked in probably 20 pizza shops in my life and though I enjoy a good pizza once in awhile I don't get all excited enough to shit my pants over it and could care less what other people like or dislike. If you're willing to commit murder over pizza you have a hell of a lot more problems than mere styles of pizza.  :roll:
out of meds i see..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Oh screw all of you. I've worked in probably 20 pizza shops in my life and though I enjoy a good pizza once in awhile I don't get all excited enough to shit my pants over it and could care less what other people like or dislike. If you're willing to commit murder over pizza you have a hell of a lot more problems than mere styles of pizza.  :roll:

Uh, OK. Meatloaf, anybody?

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "Shol'va"So I guess I am one of the 3 people that voted deep dish. I became a believer after I had some in Chicago.
It's not so much that I want DEEP dish, I just can't stand a thin crust. I want the crust to be part of the overall experience, so in the absence of the middle road I'd rather have deep dish. I usually go for medium crust.
You're sick. Stay away from my family and children.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

Shol'va

Well, I'm glad that we here have been able to overcome the hurdles of religious tribalism mentality of us vs them so that we can focus on the real issue, like what our pizza toppings are on.

stromboli

Quote from: "Shol'va"Well, I'm glad that we here have been able to overcome the hurdles of religious tribalism mentality of us vs them so that we can focus on the real issue, like what our pizza toppings are on.

The FSM would agree. I believe in sticking to the basics; Sausage, Pepperoni, cheeses, tomato sauce and a selection of onions, olives, green pepper and whatnot. Lots of sauce. Sauce makes the pizza.

The Skeletal Atheist

Yeah, but too much sauce can compromise the flavor of the other toppings. You have to strike a happy medium between the sauce and the other toppings.

As per toppings for me I like olives, spinach, pepperoni, olives, fresh mozzarella or parmesan cheese, olives, tomato slices, olives, green bell peppers, olives, olives, and olives.

...did I mention that I like olives?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Shol'va

Sauce? There was this place I used to go to that had a pizza special on Fridays, instead of sauce it was made with cream cheese. Mind blowingly awesome.
The one pizza I usually dislike is the Hawaiian.
Motherfucker, what is pineapple doing mingling with tomato sauce and meat and cheese?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "stromboli"Uh, OK. Meatloaf, anybody?
[youtube:3jxzpset]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4MFxcFofkY[/youtube:3jxzpset]

AllPurposeAtheist

Screw everyone. Limburger cheese on rye with a big slice of onion trumps humdrum pizza. Yes, limburger. The kind that smells like rotting feet and yes, it stinks, but tastes great.  :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Screw everyone. Limburger cheese on rye with a big slice of onion trumps humdrum pizza. Yes, limburger. The kind that smells like rotting feet and yes, it stinks, but tastes great.  :-k
BLASPHEMY!!!!!