what would be an actually good reason to believe in a god.

Started by doorknob, August 13, 2016, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 09:04:02 PM

You missed my point. You were saying God is imaginary because he is spaceless, timeless and immaterial.

So are your thoughts except maybe timeless. So because you can't see or touch your thoughts, how do you know they exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thoughts have space, time and material.  So your point is in err.

If you next step is idealism don't bother replying.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: TrueStory on October 15, 2016, 09:05:04 PM
Well what are the ways you interact with a timeless, spaceless, immaterial thing?

If you can't not answer a simple question then I would prefer not to waste my time. That seems to be the way most people interact on this forum. They just blurt their view or question no matter what the previous persons response or question was.

Moving on. I'll wait for Mike to hopefully answer my question that way we can have a actual conversation. He seems to actually want to go that route.

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 09:12:44 PM

If you can't not answer a simple question then I would prefer not to waste my time. That seems to be the way most people interact on this forum. They just blurt their view or question no matter what the previous persons response or question was.

Moving on. I'll wait for Mike to hopefully answer my question that way we can have a actual conversation. He seems to actually want to go that route.

LOL.  Because i can't define a common word such as interact.  I'm not blurting out anything here, i'm asking you how you interact.  A similar question would be 'How do you interact with people? '  and you could list out certain things.  I'm guessing it's hard for you because you don't have a legitimate answer.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: TrueStory on October 15, 2016, 09:20:26 PM
LOL.  Because i can't define a common word such as interact.  I'm not blurting out anything here, i'm asking you how you interact.  A similar question would be 'How do you interact with people? '  and you could list out certain things.  I'm guessing it's hard for you because you don't have a legitimate answer.

Why do you need to know how I interact with God?

What purpose would it serve?

We were talking about what evidence would be sufficient for a timeless spaceless immaterial being and how he would show himself?

How does how I interact with God have anything to do with it?

I'm guessing you are intelligent enough to know or figure out how a Christian would interact with their God.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 09:00:09 PM

You still are avoiding my question but that is ok let's move on to Jesus.

What evidence would be sufficient for you to agree that Jesus was  actual person who was who he claimed to be?

You don't have to give a long answer. Just some examples of what would be acceptable to you?

Let's just make this real simple for you.  Give me one--any--piece of evidence that suggests Jesus was a real person.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 09:31:01 PM

Why do you need to know how I interact with God?

What purpose would it serve?

Because you are claiming something is timeless, spaceless and immaterial, and that you can interact with it.

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 09:31:01 PM
     We were talking about what evidence would be sufficient for a timeless spaceless immaterial being and how he would show himself?

How does how I interact with God have anything to do with it?

I'm guessing you are intelligent enough to know or figure out how a Christian would interact with their God.

I know how people interact with books and people.  I have no idea how a person interacts with a timeless, spaceless, immaterial thing.  Why is it so hard for you to explain?

Kaleb5000

Quote from: TrueStory on October 15, 2016, 09:39:09 PM

Because you are claiming something is timeless, spaceless and immaterial, and that you can interact with it.

I know how people interact with books and people.  I have no idea how a person interacts with a timeless, spaceless, immaterial thing.  Why is it so hard for you to explain?

Though I agree you can interact with God I never made that claim you added that in there. I see no purpose in explaining to you how I interact with God. See previous reply.

Kaleb5000

Ok then, The New Testament. There is evidence outside the Bible as well.

Tacitus
Pliny the Younger
Josephus
Lucian
Babylonian Talmud

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 09:46:36 PM

Though I agree you can interact with God I never made that claim you added that in there. I see no purpose in explaining to you how I interact with God. See previous reply.

You can't answer it because there is none.  Thanks for playing.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: TrueStory on October 15, 2016, 10:07:36 PM
You can't answer it because there is none.  Thanks for playing.

There is a answer but it does nothing to further the conversation. I'm not taking the. bait.

Hijiri Byakuren

The existence of a historical Jesus is no more proof of Christianity than a historical Muhammad is proof of Islam.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

trdsf

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 08:39:31 PM
What do you mean by interact?
You know perfectly well what 'interact' means, unless you're laying explicit claim to being of subnormal intelligence.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 09:52:11 PM
Ok then, The New Testament. There is evidence outside the Bible as well.

Tacitus
Pliny the Younger
Josephus
Lucian
Babylonian Talmud

The evidence is invalid.  There is no writing, past/present/future that is true, it is all fiction.  Truth is a person, not a text.  There is no valid history or biography, that isn't propaganda and hagiography.  All writing is created by man, and all of man's creations are in vain.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Baruch on October 15, 2016, 10:18:43 PM
The evidence is invalid.  There is no writing, past/present/future that is true, it is all fiction.  Truth is a person, not a text.  There is no valid history or biography, that isn't propaganda and hagiography.  All writing is created by man, and all of man's creations are in vain.

If that's true then everything you just said is false.

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 10:09:21 PM

There is a answer but it does nothing to further the conversation. I'm not taking the. bait.

Every reply from you is deflection.  I'd like to say that for one moment you thought about the contradiction in thought processes you are making but I guess that is asking to much.  The good news is even though there is no god life goes on.