News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

^ the official enforcer of social distancing.  Cause no one is gonna want to get close to those chompers.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 10, 2024, 09:00:14 AMThat's Saint George. The beast is the dragon he killed.

Having said that, WTF is she holdng for him to wash his hands in?

Ah... yeah. They had to show the dragon. My iconography always sucked, but now I started to forget the simplest stuff... But then religious paintings...lol.

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 10, 2024, 12:02:49 PMFun (to some maybe) fact. This particular Saint George painting was completed in 1862. The look of the artist's dragon was probably heavily influanced by contemporary thoughts on the looks of dianosaurs. The Crystal Palace displays had been completed less than 10 years before the painting. It wouldn't surprise me if Rossetti had seen the Crystal Palace displays.

Thanks. Makes sense. We would need to find all the dragon descriptions available to Rosetti; the books he's read, places he's visited and visual material he has seen...myeh improbable. Yours is better. I'm taking yours.  At first sight, I thought she could be Magdalene because of her hair, I have no idea why. But so she is a princess...and he is just washing the blood from his hands, lol. It's probably a theme as old as people can think of dragons.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Post corrected. Also time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas... AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 11, 2024, 07:49:46 AMPost corrected. Also time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas... AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And so does god, after all he made the banana shaped perfectly for the human hand including a handy easy-open feature.

Before human cultivation bananas were barely palatable, LOL

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on March 11, 2024, 08:36:48 AMAnd so does god, after all he made the banana shaped perfectly for the human hand including a handy easy-open feature.

Before human cultivation bananas were barely palatable, LOL

Oooof... Well, I keep saying to you that the ones over here has a good source.

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Me after taking a psychology test:

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 14, 2024, 04:13:59 PMDo you talk to pussy a lot?
Yeah, I'm on this forum waaay too much.  :)