Rapture September 23, 2015. You Have Been Warned. (Again)

Started by stromboli, September 08, 2015, 01:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: trdsf on September 09, 2015, 07:11:10 PM
Apocalyptic predictions are my favorite Christian nonsense -- they're always made by the ones so sure that the bible is literally true... and they always cheerily ignore Matthew 24:36 ("But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only").  Not so literally true, apparently.

I don't think they even believe what they're saying. They do it to sell books and get free publicity.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 10, 2015, 12:39:52 PM
I don't think they even believe what they're saying. They do it to sell books and get free publicity.

They get publicity for a while, but they end up looking like idiots.  It's really not much of a win.  And if you ever did predict the apocalypse and get it right, what good does that do you?  There you are with a shit pot full of money and fame, standing in the middle of an apocalypse.

Baruch

Best to go for short term profits ... I don't think the Bible writers are still getting residuals, since "you can't take it with you".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

1liesalot

The important thing is, what are people wearing to this late Autumn Rapture?

Baruch

Don't make fun of stylish women or metrosexuals ... or you will only arrive in sack-cloth and ashes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Funny little meat sacks, thinking the Universe revolves around their lives. If Earth poofed out of existence there would be so little caring elsewhere.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Well, life is like a box of chocolates ... you never know what you are going to get ;-)  Diversify your ability to survive, and then you will have better means to deal with whatever comes.  But for me, being a prepper is going too far.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

Any one else feel like the apocalypses will be brought on because of Christians and their stupidity? If there is any punishment to be incurred I feel like it will be the christians bringing it too us. For their bigotry and other crimes against humanity.

If they get raptured it will be a relief not some kind of punishment.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

stromboli

Btw, the world was supposed to have suffered a gigantic financial collapse today. So things aren't looking good for the rapture.

jonb

Quote from: stromboli on September 13, 2015, 03:37:55 PM
Btw, the world was supposed to have suffered a gigantic financial collapse today. So things aren't looking good for the rapture.
Who cares as long as nothing interferes with-

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: doorknob on September 13, 2015, 02:10:17 PM
Any one else feel like the apocalypses will be brought on because of Christians and their stupidity? If there is any punishment to be incurred I feel like it will be the christians bringing it too us. For their bigotry and other crimes against humanity.

If they get raptured it will be a relief not some kind of punishment.
The Bush family and their friends have been showing their determination to make manifest their sick fantasies since the late 19th Century. They helped the Remingtons whitewash their illegal sales of guns to unstable countries, thus precipitating WWI.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

widdershins

It seems like every year some jackass promises that I don't have to do my Christmas shopping this year and I think, 'This one seems legit!' and then every year I'm doing it all at the last minute.  The funny thing is that since my daughter was born the end of the world was supposed to be on her birthday, I think, 3 times.  I remember 2 for sure.  There was Harold Camping's prediction for October 21, and the LHC was set to start October 21, creating micro black holes that would totally suck.  I'm thinking there was a third one.

I really miss the 2012 doomsday prophets.  They all fizzled out as 2012 actually approached and it came time to nut up or shut up.  They apparently chose the latter.  But they were such glorious nutjobs!  I remember reading one post from someone saying that we could stop the coming apocalypse if we brought together all 13 crystal skulls in the right place at the right time.  I responded asking where the number "13" came from since far fewer such skulls had ever been found, most were proved forgeries, the one that wasn't proved was almost certainly a forgery and nowhere in any history ever is the number 13 mentioned except in that idiotic post.  Of course, thinking about that would have shattered the fantasy about crystals and scary things and magic, so I assume the OP skipped over the post so as to avoid such thought because I never got a reply, that I know of.  So many crazy theories of what would destroy us all and what magical nonsense we could do to avoid it.  But as the time approached, all the talk just vanished.  Of course, I also stopped hanging out in forums filled with nutjobs about that time.  I just couldn't take the infantile magical thinking any more.
This sentence is a lie...