News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 08, 2020, 11:12:33 PM
I genuinely don't understand why weddings can't be handled by the couple posing for a picture and then mailing said picture to their families.  Guess I'm just a hopeless romantic.

Depends on if the Bride-zilla attempts to eat the guests ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on September 09, 2020, 09:24:12 AM
Yep, the reports are in. It would have been cheaper in health care costs to pay each attendee over $20K NOT to attend.

This is why government run medicine requires totalitarian control of your life, including recreational drug use.

"AstraZeneca CEO Says COVID-19 Vaccine Patient Experienced Serious Spinal Issues" ... British woman in vaccine trial
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Such a classy super-spreader event !!!

Baruch

"Sweden Close To Victory Over Coronavirus; Never Had A Lockdown Or Mask Mandate" ... violent Muslim refugees prevent Covid?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

The governor says the non-peer reviewed study is far over-reporting the cases from that event.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 08, 2020, 11:12:33 PM
I genuinely don't understand why weddings can't be handled by the couple posing for a picture and then mailing said picture to their families.  Guess I'm just a hopeless romantic.

I don't know if it is romantic or not, but sure sounds rational and healthy. No offense to anyone but wasting money for that is just straight stupid while you can do a lot of things with it with your partner. It's an out of control industry and a disgusting culture of its own around the world, imo. I mean why do people even get marry in developed countries in the first place is beyond me. Because the law recognises unmarried couples, where I live there is no such thing so at some point people do it because they need to.

I also don't know about the backward parts of the States but in religous, conservative cultures, the ceremony is not just a simple marriage ceremony... There are other things tied to it. Under normal circumstances, of course I don't care but as we are in a global outbreak now, fuck them with a barbwire. It's everybody's problem now.

Finally, they put a temporary ban to the weddings but the actual ceremony is permitted and had to be done in an hour.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Marriage originally is an inter-family business deal between the fathers.  Then it became a woman's enthronement.  Today in our crass society, elopement makes more sense ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

We were married at the courthouse, had dinner at an upscale restaurant with our family, and took some pictures. We had no interest in a traditional wedding ceremony and I think because we are two men no one found that odd. I think women are pressured to want "their special day that they've dreamed of since they were little girls." Nothing against fancy weddings but the fact the average cost of a wedding in the US is $24,000 strikes me as excessive given the fact that pre-pandemic 69% of Americans didn't have $1000 in savings.

drunkenshoe

That's not good enough. And heterosexual men are pressured to want and do a lot of things, behave in certain ways we keep beating them about. We are all pressured and conditioned to do a lot of things.

If women want some things change for the better for their gender, they also need to let go off certain things. If we roughly caricaturise it, the ancient tradition of the wedding ceremony is about making a virgin woman a 'legitimate' member of the society because unmarried women, unmarried women having sex or having a baby out of wedlock did not count as people and were subjected to very bad conditions in life in the past. It's originally 'man and wife', not 'husband and wife' in your language for example. It was the way of existence for women.

This wedding madness is promoted as almost some sort of a birth right for women, and as a 'special day' but it is actually the root of all toxic traditions they supposedly keep fighting against. Make an observation. Most of the young women insisting on a big wedding ceremony percieve getting married as an accomplishment in life. It's not. Same mechanism works for having children. These are not accomplishments. These are natural events going at the side, in the flow of life.

Women need to wipe out this 'special' role of being a bride and the 'sacred' role of motherhood if they want to move on and get some real quality. You are marrying with a person you want to spend the rest your life with but hey, it is 'your special day'.

Don't get me started on diamond rings and wedding dress bullshit. Diamond. We all know how it is obtained. There is no such thing as 'no conflict diamond' on the planet. It's like drinking human blood for fuck's sake.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 10, 2020, 08:28:49 AM

Don't get me start on diamond rings and wedding dress bullshit. Diamond. We all know how it is obtained. There is no such thing as 'no conflict diamond' on the planet. It's like drinking human blood for fuck's sake.

*quietly puts away the diamond I bought her for our 3rd anniversary of our forum romance*
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 10, 2020, 06:21:11 AM
We were married at the courthouse, had dinner at an upscale restaurant with our family, and took some pictures. We had no interest in a traditional wedding ceremony and I think because we are two men no one found that odd. I think women are pressured to want "their special day that they've dreamed of since they were little girls." Nothing against fancy weddings but the fact the average cost of a wedding in the US is $24,000 strikes me as excessive given the fact that pre-pandemic 69% of Americans didn't have $1000 in savings.
As a person who likes to be married, I think weddings are very unnecessary.  The to be married could us that money (no matter the amount) to help with the coming marriage.  It would be so much more productive if that money were invested for the couple's retirement. 

Funerals are the same.  Burn their asses and have a wake!  For me---put me into a gunny sack and bury me in the backyard--or dump me in the trash (somehow).  Possible exception--children who need to see that mom or dad really are dead. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on September 10, 2020, 09:26:17 AM
*quietly puts away the diamond I bought her for our 3rd anniversary of our forum romance*

3rd anniversay?! It's almost been a decade you old...lololol

SGOS

While I was looking forward to getting married, I was dreading my wedding.  So while I was whining about it to a friend, he advised me, "Try to enjoy it.  It's the one day in your life where you can be the center of attention, without having done a damned thing to earn it."  That didn't help much, but I got through the wedding well enough.  My ex and I were both careful spenders, and her parents were comfortable, but not well enough off to provide a lavish affair, so while it was never discussed or debated, it was nice to be in agreement about that part.  It was simple.  I enjoyed seeing my friends one more time, and then it was over.  I have no intention of getting married again, and if I did, NO WEDDING, would be a condition of the arrangement.  Living in sin sounds like more fun anyway.

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 10, 2020, 09:39:54 AM
Time seems to slip by faster at this age, and also, we forget.

aitm

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 10, 2020, 09:39:54 AM
Yes but remember how you kept rebuffing my coy moves. It took seven years to break you down....🤕
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust