Texas “Turn em in” law

Started by aitm, September 03, 2021, 12:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

ABC is on record about how she's going after abortion rights, from awhile back. People with prejudices like that don't belong in the SCOTUS.

Mermaid

The women in this country are going to burn it the FUCK down if they try to overturn.
People can take only so much disenfranchisement.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Dark Lightning

My wife watches TV, and saw in the news that California (my home state) is going to be a sanctuary state for females seeking abortion. When people drive into California, they are asked about agricultural items, as California wants to limit the importation of nasty bugs. California raises a gigantic amount of food for the US, and doesn't need that industry threatened. So, some females, leaving another state might be questioned at the border when leaving, but when they get to California, that "fruit" won't be asked after.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

FreethinkingSceptic

Quote from: aitm on September 03, 2021, 12:03:01 PM
Wonder how that will work. Are they setting up an anonymous hot line? Just call in a persons name? “ Hi, I think Jane Doe is pregnant and looking for an abortion……I think John Doe is supplying funds to Mary Smith for an abortion?

Seems simple enough to wreck that idea in about 4 hours. Start turning in all the reps’ wives, daughters, sisters, mothers,  grandmothers as being pregnant, then start on all the reps and their sons, brothers, father as accessories. Hell they could blow that place apart in a couple hours. And if the “special police” have to investigate each call…..well good fuckin luck with that.
Yeah, but better question - whose actually gonna do that in practice as opposed to pure fantasy? Also show me the text of the law.