Spongebob Squarepants: A lesson of "The 7 Deadly Sins"

Started by PickelledEggs, December 22, 2013, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I never knew this and I never made the connection even though I have watched A LOT of Spongebob. Apparently they mention in one of the commentaries on one of their dvds that all of the main characters are based on the 7 deadly sins. Who knew? Pretty neat, I think.

//http://sex.omg-facts.com/Sex+Facts/Each-Of-The-Main-Characters-In-Spongebob/13033

sophia

Thank you for sharing, I never thought about that, but it make sence now. =D>

mykcob4

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I never knew this and I never made the connection even though I have watched A LOT of Spongebob. Apparently they mention in one of the commentaries on one of their dvds that all of the main characters are based on the 7 deadly sins. Who knew? Pretty neat, I think.

//http://sex.omg-facts.com/Sex+Facts/Each-Of-The-Main-Characters-In-Spongebob/13033
How funny. The creators of that franchise are extremely clever. I still catch an episode now and again. I use to watch it all the time when my niece was young.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I never knew this and I never made the connection even though I have watched A LOT of Spongebob. Apparently they mention in one of the commentaries on one of their dvds that all of the main characters are based on the 7 deadly sins. Who knew? Pretty neat, I think.

How funny. The creators of that franchise are extremely clever. I still catch an episode now and again. I use to watch it all the time when my niece was young.
They really are. Every time I re-watch an episode, I get something different out of it. The writer's are extremely good at that. Now with this in the back of my mind, I'll have to re-watch some again and see what I get out of it now. I've actually noticed that about a lot of the shows on Nickelodeon... Rugrats, Hey Arnold... I don't even know how I was allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy when I was little.

Plu

QuoteI don't even know how I was allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy when I was little.

A lot of parents think that "cartoon means it's for kids" and have no idea what their kids are watching.

Also a lot of shows and cartoons and series and stories in general base characters off of the deadly sins :) Start looking for it, you'll spot them. It's a great way to give some flavour to your characters.

sophia

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteI don't even know how I was allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy when I was little.

A lot of parents think that "cartoon means it's for kids" and have no idea what their kids are watching.

Also a lot of shows and cartoons and series and stories in general base characters off of the deadly sins :) Start looking for it, you'll spot them. It's a great way to give some flavour to your characters.
Indeed. Ren and stimpy is not a show that is suited for kids, just like roccos modern life

PickelledEggs

I will have to do that. I love hidden gems like that.

mykcob4

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "mykcob4"

They really are. Every time I re-watch an episode, I get something different out of it. The writer's are extremely good at that. Now with this in the back of my mind, I'll have to re-watch some again and see what I get out of it now. I've actually noticed that about a lot of the shows on Nickelodeon... Rugrats, Hey Arnold... I don't even know how I was allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy when I was little.
2 Spongebobs that really got me was the one that taught kids to tie their shoes. My niece learned to tie her shoes that way, AND the one where spongebob missed a bus to go home and had to learn to talk in a different languge. He learned that just because people are different and speak differently that you don't need to be affraid of them. Really good shows.

mykcob4

Since the "deadly sins" concept is  Greek one used in Greek tragedy I guess it would spice up a plot. Human frailties and all that!

GrinningYMIR

I remember watching the pilot episode back in '99, I thought it was going to be a great show

Sure has changed
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit