News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Movie Left Behind Stuns Critics

Started by SGOS, October 03, 2014, 10:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

How did Nicolas Cage blow all of his money and end up owing the IRS 13 million?  Well you expect a highest paid actor in Hollywood (for part of his career) to spend a lot of money, and I certainly would not begrudge him, but you would expect him to save a lot of money too.  How many yachts, homes, and classic cars does a guy really need?  No matter how much you make, or don't make, you still have to manage your money.  Maybe Cage thought his earnings at the peak of his career would continue as long as he lived, and that his earnings would always be enough to cover his mortgage payments.  It's probably a common way people get in over their heads.  They are not prepared for a drop in income, and if you are an actor or a baseball player, that drop in income is inevitable, and probably sooner than a blue collar guy.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity/how-did-nicolas-cage-blow-through-an-150-million-dollar-fortune/

josephpalazzo

Obviously, Christians did not pray hard enough to make this film a success... Oh wait, God was too busy watching Sundays NFL games...

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on October 05, 2014, 10:33:49 AM
Holy crap.  Rotten Tomatoes now has 48 reviews for Left Behind, and it's overall rating has dropped to 2%.
Yoohoo, Rotten Tomatoes is a front for Satan.

Solitary

Critics hated it, but the viewers loved it, even though it is about pain, suffering, death, and destruction. This reminds me of Mel Gibson's movie that shows a crucifixion and people loved it, including my mother-in-law. Is that all Christians think about is pain, suffering, destruction, and death?  Dirk Cameron is a Christian whore.   
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Procreation... They think about multiplying a lot, but it has to take a backseat to pain, suffering, destruction and death.. Remember, no sex before pain, suffering, destruction and death.. Haven't you heard of the pledge? :naughty:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: Solitary on October 05, 2014, 11:17:41 AM
Critics hated it, but the viewers loved it, even though it is about pain, suffering, death, and destruction. This reminds me of Mel Gibson's movie that shows a crucifixion and people loved it, including my mother-in-law. Is that all Christians think about is pain, suffering, destruction, and death?  Dirk Cameron is a Christian whore.   
Actually, the viewer rating is now down to 60%.  It was higher the first couple of days, probably because the most obsessed of the niche group turns out first.  To those of whom it is less important, they show up later and tend to be less starry eyed about the movie.  Finally, those desperate for a movie, any movie at all because they're bored out of their skulls, show up last.  Throughout the cycle, the scores keep going down.  And for what it's worth, 60% from viewers is not very good, in my opinion.  Even shows I want to see that get 60% quite often disappoint.  That's not hard and fast, but generally true in my experience.

Savior2006

I'm looking at it right now, and it's a 72 percent from the people.

Movie critics are often snobs, but a single digit score is really never unwarranted in my personal experience.

But yeah, religious tracts suck balls when it comes to telling a decent story, and of course that will translate to a laughably awful movie. So 2014 has essentially become the Year of the "Christians Under Siege in America....no I'm being totally serious" movie.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Savior2006

Quote from: Savior2006 on October 08, 2014, 10:39:06 PM

Movie critics are often snobs, but a single digit score is really never unwarranted in my personal experience.

But yeah, religious tracts suck balls when it comes to telling a decent story, and of course that will translate to a laughably awful movie. So 2014 has essentially become the Year of the "Christians Under Siege in America....no I'm being totally serious" movie.

We have "God's Not Dead" which jumps and down about the bullying atheist professor that exists in the mind of religious fundys, and "Persecuted" in which one lone pastor dude is able to stop legislation that would "make all religions equal" all by his lonesome, and now we have this shit movie based on a shit book.

Shit.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

SGOS

Quote from: Savior2006 on October 08, 2014, 10:39:06 PM

Yeah, it went back up since a week ago, so my theory about generally downward scores is wrong. 

I almost saw that movie yesterday, but I chose "This is Where I Leave You" at the last minute.  I will see Left Behind eventually. 

Hollywood cycles through things.  And the different Studios compete with each other.   Often similar movies used to come in pairs, be they about meteors or sharks.  But saturation of fashionable genres is now becoming the rule.  Currently, it's been Superheroes, Teenage Dystopian series, and now Christian movies.  And don't forget zombies.  Zombies have been around since I was a kid, but now it's like they might even exist in your neighborhood.  Vampires too. 

10 years ago romantic comedies were very popular.  Not so much now.  Fortunately, the days of a theater showing one movie a week are gone, except in a few small towns in places like Montana or Wyoming.  As long as I have choices, I'm OK.