News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Our US Passports are worthless. Nobody wants us. Congratulations President Pumpkin Spice Pol Pot or is it Tangerine Idi Amin; we have our wall. We can check out, but we can never leave

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on July 11, 2020, 07:57:09 PM
Our US Passports are worthless. Nobody wants us. Congratulations President Pumpkin Spice Pol Pot or is it Tangerine Idi Amin; we have our wall. We can check out, but we can never leave
Thanks to the orange monster, we are now Hotel California: You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on July 11, 2020, 07:57:09 PMOur US Passports are worthless. Nobody wants us. Congratulations President Pumpkin Spice Pol Pot or is it Tangerine Idi Amin; we have our wall. We can check out, but we can never leave
Yeah.  Canada is legit scared of us and the EU avoids us like the...well, you know.  All because we couldn't get our act together in time.

You know what's funny?  Trump could have sold his own branded masks and made millions while saving American lives (which would have helped him politically).  Hell, he could've made mask-wearing a macho thing if he played his cards right.  It could've been a win-win.  Now it's lose-lose-lose.  Losing health.  Losing employment.  Losing relatives.

We don't have a guy who watched Rome burn.  We have a guy who told us that the flames were a hoax, that it was under control, and then that he takes no responsibility and we're just going to have to live with Rome burning every now and then.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on July 11, 2020, 07:57:09 PM

Americans, evil since 1775.  Do you really want the admiration of the foreign savages?  You would have been on the Kaiser's side and Hitler's side, really?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 11, 2020, 08:42:57 PM
Thanks to the orange monster, we are now Hotel California: You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

i checked out of California twice, but I wasn't on drug rehab or parole ;-)

The FEMA camp for Dems should be set up in California, just like some of the Japanese internment camps.  That ways they don't have to far too go for reeducation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 11, 2020, 09:33:42 PM
Yeah.  Canada is legit scared of us and the EU avoids us like the...well, you know.  All because we couldn't get our act together in time.

You know what's funny?  Trump could have sold his own branded masks and made millions while saving American lives (which would have helped him politically).  Hell, he could've made mask-wearing a macho thing if he played his cards right.  It could've been a win-win.  Now it's lose-lose-lose.  Losing health.  Losing employment.  Losing relatives.

We don't have a guy who watched Rome burn.  We have a guy who told us that the flames were a hoax, that it was under control, and then that he takes no responsibility and we're just going to have to live with Rome burning every now and then.

A society with so many extremists. Let's take some bacon ice cream and deep fry it or let's just eat only kale. Let's not just be ignorant of science, let's despise it. Let's not have a small house, let's have a tiny home or let's have a 3,000 square foot kitchen with 2 stoves and 3 kitchen sinks. Let's have a MEGA Church giant gathering during a pandemic....Let's go to Disney World !!! What happened to moderates?

Baruch

Moderates are spies for The Other.  You are either all good or all evil.  A lukewarm D or R is a putative heretic.  I had this problem in 2016, because I wouldn't vote for either of the two assholes.

While Rs deny the existence of Covid, Ds consider its only importance is enhancing their reelection.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

You are either all good or all evil.
I am all good.

Cassia

The thing about a forum, a yahoo story, twitter/fb feed is that for every 100 readers maybe one person bothers to post anything. Perhaps there ARE many more moderates than there seems to be. I sure hope that is the case. Even when it comes to gods, I would never claim to know they don't exist. I am open to evidence. Fundamentalist believers are extremists IMO but they consider an atheist to be extreme even though it really is an agnostic default position.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on July 11, 2020, 10:18:24 PM
You are either all good or all evil.
I am all good.

You are a funny person too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

https://www.insider.com/ohio-man-veteran-died-coronavirus-mask-facebook-posts-2020-7

Man shares facebook post after facebook post talking about how it's a hoax, about how he is breaking social distancing, how the masks are just a front to make Americans more comfortable with the inevitable forcing of Hijabs by the Muslims... then dies of the virus.

But apparently everyone is in the wrong for pointing out all the anti-mask posts because "everyone is entitled to their opinion".

There is a difference between "entitled to your opinion" and getting called on your opinion, particularly when your opinion puts other people's lives at risk.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

“The right to extend my hand stops where your nose begins.”

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on July 10, 2020, 01:01:16 PM
I don't think evil and stupidity are mutually exclusive; infact, I would wager they tend to go hand in hand.

It's not stupidity. It is the nature of right and religious conservative ideologies in this context. The very understanding of it. It could be a group, a family, a little shop, company or a whole country. You cannot administrate or govern with it because it derives all its power from divisive policies, segregation, discrimination... The best way to do is creating fear. Every kind of fear. Imposing victimhoods based on fear(s) at one hand, while telling how all deserving, worthy and amazing at the other and nothing is their fault, they are just being robbed of their birth rights. Exactly like every kind of self help culture rising along with the right wing... not a coincidence. As a whole it is a perfect strategy because we sapiens are narcissistic creatures, it is all about us. Everything and everybody is out to get to us. Right wing understanding doesn't have alliances. Everything is disposable to serve them because they're entitled to everything by being born as themselves.

It never works in the end. It's never worked. It hasn't worked hundreds of years ago. People just didn't have knowledge and awareness. Actually, it probably worked the less before the invention of the modern state than now and less and less going back. Because I compoletely agree with the idea that nationalism is the religion of the modern state.

How many evil and stupid characters are there in myths and legends before the prose has started to be the medium and eventually became the base accumulation of our thinking. Stupid evil? How pathetic is that? If you are evil, you had better be a genius or don't exist at all. But then there is no 'evil' in ancient world. Everything is in shades of grey, in cycles because if you are not alienated from the nature and living in it, you'd know how stupid the idea of 'evil' or 'good' is as we arrived to define in the past couple of thousands of years which is by the way believed by billions of people today.

Can you imagine trying to explain the concept of the devil or the general concept of evil believed today to the people who lived... let's say 5000 years ago? 2000 years ago? It would be so comical for them, they would go out to search and kill it, lol. They were scared of harsh winter, famine, disease and wars and raiders... that was 'evil', nothing more. They would eat that devil alive in a bad winter. LOL

Thousands of years later today, people are left homeless, jobless in poverty while disease roams around, people getting killed on streets, civil wars explode here and there and the majority of the human beings on the planet think this is all happening because some groups somewhere, here or there is trying to get them and their divine rights.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mermaid

Quote from: Shiranu on July 11, 2020, 06:43:44 PM
Yep, heard that on the local news.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand... bruh, that's your fault you fucking idiot. On the otherhand we have been pump-fed news 24/7 about how it's not bad, how it's a hoax, how it's just fear-mongering, etc. etc. etc. ... if people don't take the time to actually look into it then a lot of the blame does have to fall on the shoulders of people who spread misinformation.
I blame the president for all of this.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Florida tops 15,000 cases a day  But hey, at least Disney World is open.  Visitors might see more of Hades than they bargained for.

South Carolina just had a record-breaking day of 2,280 which doesn't seem that much compared to California's 7,881 but SC has about 1/8 of the population of California.

And Japanese authorities are pissed at American troops causing an outbreak there.  People wearing masks are commonplace in Japan and Japan had less than a thousand covid deaths, rapidly bringing the disease under control.  And now, those numbers are going back up, apparently due to baka gaijin.  Fortunately, Okinawa is somewhat isolated from the main island.