Is it evil to be a billionaire?

Started by GSOgymrat, November 20, 2021, 12:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

Being a billionaire is in itself neither evil nor good.  The critical factor is how one acquired those billions.

In other news, at the rate our government keeps printing money we will soon all be billionaires.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hoxha Cat

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 20, 2021, 12:08:10 AM
People should not be allowed to be billionaires.

https://youtu.be/1BSFyrxzZ4s
Indeed it is evil to be a billionaire, their wealth is gained through the exploitation of the working class, the exploitation of working people. They have not earned it and it is excessive, soon they will be trillionaires, yet the workers are not entitled to the fruits of their own labour, and thus cannot reap what they sow because some rich Capitalist bourgeois extracts the surplus value of their labour and takes it as a capital gain, they should not exist.

Jason Harvestdancer

The secret to becoming wealthy is to hire someone then underpay them.  You don't have to hire them to do anything in particular, just hire them.  You can even hire them to do nothing.  All you have to do is, once you've hired them, you underpay them.  The more people you hire and underpay, the richer you become.  You don't need to actually produce anything to sell to the public.  All you need to do is underpay your employees.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 06, 2022, 07:22:44 AM
The secret to becoming wealthy is to hire someone then underpay them.  You don't have to hire them to do anything in particular, just hire them.  You can even hire them to do nothing.  All you have to do is, once you've hired them, you underpay them.  The more people you hire and underpay, the richer you become.  You don't need to actually produce anything to sell to the public.  All you need to do is underpay your employees.

In order for this to work you have to convince someone else to pay you more than you pay your employees. A lot of employees. It is difficult to convince someone to pay you if you aren't offering them some type of goods or services.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: ProletarianBanner on January 06, 2022, 12:57:18 AM
Indeed it is evil to be a billionaire, their wealth is gained through the exploitation of the working class, the exploitation of working people. They have not earned it and it is excessive, soon they will be trillionaires, yet the workers are not entitled to the fruits of their own labour, and thus cannot reap what they sow because some rich Capitalist bourgeois extracts the surplus value of their labour and takes it as a capital gain, they should not exist.

Don't you worry about it.  Once the inflation kicks in we'll all be billionaires.  Of course a loaf of bread will cost a hundred million, but let's ignore that for now.

Hoxha Cat

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 06, 2022, 09:02:22 PM
Don't you worry about it.  Once the inflation kicks in we'll all be billionaires.  Of course a loaf of bread will cost a hundred million, but let's ignore that for now.
Go harvest yourself!

Hoxha Cat

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 06, 2022, 09:02:22 PM
If you're making a Venezuela joke, Venezuela is Capitalist, most of their industry is in PRIVATE hands.

aitm

Communism in your idea, will never work to begin with. You leave out the entirety of why “capitalism” in all its warts is still preferred. Because the schumk on his ass next to me while I’m shoveling shit gets exactly what I get? Fuck you. People be lazy, people be hard working…one week of sharing the cookies and your beautiful idea starts to shrivel. If it worked that well, it would have been already well established as a the perfect economy a thousand years ago. You can’t control human emotion or ego…thus communism as you see it…will never…ever…work.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SoldierofFortune

It is no evil to be a billionaire, if it serves for a greater good, like helping the homeless.

I m sitting with god on the negotiation table, if he  grants me a billion, I will spend it on goodwill.

I remember a friend who wants to be appointed for a government job, it was a lowest rank position. He gave the promise that if he had been appointed, would donate his first monthly salary to a charity helping the childeren who have cancer.

Kinda negotiation, ha?

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: ProletarianBanner on January 07, 2022, 11:49:22 AM
If you're making a Venezuela joke, Venezuela is Capitalist, most of their industry is in PRIVATE hands.

1.  I'm talking about US Federal Reserve policy of money printing, which means I am discussing economic policy.  I understand if that confuses you.
2.  There is no sense of the word "capitalist" that describes Venezuela.

trdsf

Being a billionaire is not inherently evil.  What one does with those resources is the important question.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hoxha Cat

Quote from: trdsf on January 08, 2022, 11:46:47 AM
Being a billionaire is not inherently evil.  What one does with those resources is the important question.
No, how one acquired that wealth is important, it is wrong if they gained it through exploitation of labour, or inheritance or other illegitimate means that don't involve earning it or working for it and just make you a parasite riding on the backs of your workers or in the case of inheritance, your family.

Hoxha Cat

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 07, 2022, 02:15:13 PM
1.  I'm talking about US Federal Reserve policy of money printing, which means I am discussing economic policy.  I understand if that confuses you.
2.  There is no sense of the word "capitalist" that describes Venezuela.
Most of their industry is in private hands, thus private property as well as private ownership of the means of production exist, sounds pretty Capitalist to me

Jason Harvestdancer

Oh, I get it.  You think Government ownership of the means of production is the same as private ownership of the means of production.

I understand your confusion.

Hoxha Cat

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 09, 2022, 03:12:21 PM
Oh, I get it.  You think Government ownership of the means of production is the same as private ownership of the means of production.

I understand your confusion.
No, it's just you are ignorant and do not understand that their economy is actually Capitalist.