News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on September 24, 2019, 07:34:25 PMAlso, so far as I know, this is the first time there has been a majority among the public for impeachment, and that goes a long way towards the decision to go now.
I worry about the day when the majority decides that a banana republic is the way to go.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 24, 2019, 07:51:55 PM
I worry about the day when the majority decides that a banana republic is the way to go.

Happened in 1913 or was that 1788?  We have imported bananas for quite awhile now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 24, 2019, 07:12:22 PM
It's about time we finally got the ball rolling on impeachment.  If the Prez did half this stuff and had a D next to his name, he'd already be serving time.  Pelosi and her fellow enablers sitting on their hands during crisis was definitely not a good look.  Hopefully, she can make up for lost time and in time, the US may recover.  Otherwise, we might get more of the same from the Republicans until our Republic becomes something else entirely.

Like Bill or Hillary or Barak, if he did twice this, he wouldn't be in jail at all.  Politically motivated people are ... psychotic.

I would hope, as it seems the UK is headed toward civil war, that the US is not also headed there.  Seems we can't stand to be in the same country (factions vs factions) together.  No fair play or tolerance, plenty of Deep State crap.  More evidence of failed species-hood.

And the degree of "cult of personality" on both sides is so high, I expect the US/UK to start putting up Snow White coffins like Russia and China.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 24, 2019, 07:51:55 PM
As far as I can tell, that has been decided already.  Actually a banana republic may be a step up for the county now.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 24, 2019, 09:05:24 PM
As far as I can tell, that has been decided already.  Actually a banana republic may be a step up for the county now.

Too bad both cultivars are going extinct, because of a unstoppable mold.  One cultivar (what we ate in the 60s) is already extinct.  There is a finite time before the last cultivar is wiped out ;-(  I guess the plantain is impervious.

"UKRAINE WILL REOPEN CORRUPTION INVESTIGATION INTO HUNTER BIDEN FIRM AMID TRUMP IMPEACHMENT SCANDAL" .. this is why Trump must be impeached.  He is too dangerous to America's holy families (Kennedy, Bush, Clinton, Obama ... four holy "good news").
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Well, Trump never won a majority and gerrymandering factors pretty heavily in the makeup of Congress.  Suffice it to say there's a bit of a disconnect between D.C. and the voters, which may yield some rather interesting developments down the line.

Unbeliever

Actually a banana republic may be a step up for the county now.

Yeah, from a banana split republic to just a regular banana republic would indeed be a step in the right direction.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 25, 2019, 01:46:10 PM
Yeah, from a banana split republic to just a regular banana republic would indeed be a step in the right direction.

Pineapple or sugarcane might be a more stable tropical crop.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Um.  Wow.  A reading of the whistle-blower's report.

Fellow old-enough-to-remember-Watergate folks... can I just say three words?

'Smoking gun tape'.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on September 26, 2019, 11:04:58 PM

'Smoking gun tape'.
I remember Watergate--but this makes Nixon look like a boy scout.  Trump may have fully shat his hat full!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on September 26, 2019, 11:04:58 PM

'Smoking gun tape'.
Thing is, this time around, will Dems actually go through with impeachment?

A lot has changed since the Nixon days - the press is weaker, the Presidency is stronger, and the political opposition is so timid that it apparently waits around for the majority to support impeachment before finally going forward with preliminary steps towards a possible impeachment (so brave!)

Will this story survive the oft-forgetful 24-hour-news cycle?  (Remember the Panama Papers?)

Partisan hacks on Fox News shouting "THERE'S NO QUID PRO QUO!"?

The Prez very clumsily implying that the whistle-blower should be killed?

And the Dems who never even mustered the courage to reject Trump's clownshow of a Cabinet, will they be dauntless enough to attempt anything more tangible than a strongly-worded tweet against Orangewise himself?  Are they willing to fight on this hill, through thick and thin?  Cause I'll tell you right now, if they're not, this whole thing is doomed from the start.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 26, 2019, 11:32:44 PM
Thing is, this time around, will Dems actually go through with impeachment?

At lot has changed since the Nixon days - the press is weaker, the Presidency is stronger, and the political opposition is so timid that it apparently waits around for the majority to support impeachment before finally going forward with preliminary steps towards a possible impeachment (so brave!)

Will this story survive the oft-forgetful 24-hour-news cycle?  (Remember the Panama Papers?)

Partisan hacks on Fox News shouting "THERE'S NO QUID PRO QUO!"?

The Prez very clumsily implying that the whistle-blower should be killed?

And the Dems who never even mustered the courage to reject Trump's clownshow of a Cabinet, will they be dauntless enough to attempt anything more tangible than a strongly-worded tweet against Orangewise himself?  Are they willing to fight on this hill, through thick and thin?  Cause I'll tell you right now, if they're not, this whole thing is doomed from the start.
I worry about all of that, as well.  And why would it change now?  Part of me thinks Trump is truly teflon coated to the enth degree. 

But Faux neus talking heads are now fighting with each other on air.  And Pelosi has the impeachment moving faster than any other impeachment to date.  Of course, this could come to a screeching halt at any time.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 26, 2019, 11:11:06 PM
I remember Watergate--but this makes Nixon look like a boy scout.  Trump may have fully shat his hat full!

You don't remember very well.  When have the Republicans (this time) broken into the DNC offices?  Oh, blame the insider who did this on 2016, on Putin.  Was Brezhnev behind the WH Plumber group?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 26, 2019, 11:51:27 PM
I worry about all of that, as well.  And why would it change now?  Part of me thinks Trump is truly teflon coated to the enth degree. 

But Faux neus talking heads are now fighting with each other on air.  And Pelosi has the impeachment moving faster than any other impeachment to date.  Of course, this could come to a screeching halt at any time.

Reagan was a media personality first, also.  But did serve as Cali governor for two terms.  Trump had much less experience to start.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 26, 2019, 11:32:44 PM
Are they willing to fight on this hill, through thick and thin?  Cause I'll tell you right now, if they're not, this whole thing is doomed from the start.
And the honest answer is, I don't know.  And I would much rather the investigation be done methodically and carefully, and the public has to be willing to keep the pressure up.

Meanwhile, in what I hope is a sign of things to come, Martha McSally -- who was gifted with Jon Kyl's Senate seat after losing the regular Senate election to Kyrsten Sinema -- has drawn a primary opponent who's explicitly running at her not from the right, but from the center.  This too is something that has to be noticed by Senator Yertle and his Stepford Wives.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan