Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Sitrep 5/1 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  36,307 (increased, four day trend, and second-highest EVER)
New deaths (daily): 1,897 (decreased, three day trend)
Currently infected: 903,714 (increased yet again)

Current mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0iySjyO4nU

Baruch

Reality is a plausible fiction endorsed by a large number of people.  There is more than one reality for this very reason.  So the dividing line between fact and fiction is porous.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: trdsf on May 02, 2020, 06:09:07 AM
Stupid knuckledraggers all over downtown today protesting because they can't go to the movies or get a Big Mac and eat it in the 'restaurant'.

A month from now when half of them are sick and/or their older relatives are dead , they're going to go, "But but but I just don't understand how this could have happened!"

Which will be partly true for a change.  They definitely have no understanding.
It doesn't help at all that the President has no fuckin idea what he's doing, and has made a lot of statements that directly contradict each other. Quarantine. Liberate. Liberal hoax! China's fault. Wear a mask! Don't wear a mask. Numbers! Flu shot works for carona (sic). Hydroxychloroquine is a miracle drug. The virus will miraculously go away.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid on May 02, 2020, 01:59:35 PM
It doesn't help at all that the President has no fuckin idea what he's doing, and has made a lot of statements that directly contradict each other. Quarantine. Liberate. Liberal hoax! China's fault. Wear a mask! Don't wear a mask. Numbers! Flu shot works for carona (sic). Hydroxychloroquine is a miracle drug. The virus will miraculously go away.
What is worse is that it is what he does on every subject.  Often times he contradicts what he said in his last sentence.  Basically, when he speaks or twitters, it is a lie. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 02, 2020, 02:59:32 PM
What is worse is that it is what he does on every subject.  Often times he contradicts what he said in his last sentence.  Basically, when he speaks or twitters, it is a lie.

Twitter is real hate speech ;-(

The government message (by all governments) on Covid is confusing.  Either they are confused (I hope) or there really is a Bilderberg conspiracy afoot.

PS ... how is my state doing?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-gallup/new-mexico-orders-city-lockdown-near-navajo-country-over-frightful-virus-spread-idUSKBN22D6BL

Not bad compared to NYC ... but we have low health Native Americans and pretty good testing now.

"NYPD Dispatches 1,000 Cops To Stop New Yorkers From Barbecuing On Saturday" ... they should know that only Kansas City has good BBQ ;-) and don't even get me started on NYC salsa (the condiment) ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Austin TX?  Not much social distancing there ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on May 02, 2020, 11:53:28 PM
Austin TX?  Not much social distancing there ;-(

NYC, but ATX isn't doing much either unfortunately :\

Out of all the cities you would think would take this seriously, since they were hit the hardest...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

A bunch of my neighbors, specifically the ones that have kids, decided to have a street party today. They were playing games, drawing in chalk on the street, they had an ice cream truck and no one was even pretending to maintain social distance.

Sal1981

We are almost clear of Covid-19 here now. Only 3 cases and no new cases for 9 days.

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 03, 2020, 03:06:55 AM
A bunch of my neighbors, specifically the ones that have kids, decided to have a street party today. They were playing games, drawing in chalk on the street, they had an ice cream truck and no one was even pretending to maintain social distance.

Meanwhile here, my dear mother cant hug her own grandkids. They came round yesterday, brother and his family, and all we could do is stand couple meters apart on the doorstep.

It's the asshats who refuse to adhere to social distancing that will make it those who are adhering to it will be kept indoors for far longer.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 03, 2020, 01:33:02 AM
NYC, but ATX isn't doing much either unfortunately :\

Out of all the cities you would think would take this seriously, since they were hit the hardest...

Stock photograph?  I find that hard to believe!!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Shiranu on May 02, 2020, 11:10:12 PM
West Village today...

Selfish, spoiled and stupid people.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

I think it's a gay pride event, seeing the rainbow flags up.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 03, 2020, 11:05:45 AM
I think it's a gay pride event, seeing the rainbow flags up.

Not criticizing Shiranu, but he isn't an eye witness.  Today, if you aren't an eyewitness, you are a fake news person.  If you are an eyewitness, you are a drug addict ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.