University Staff blocks journalists.

Started by Brian37, November 11, 2015, 08:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

I would probably be wise to just shut this particular university down, as a warning to others.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jack89

Censorship seems to be the new thing on campuses these days, and nearly always from SJWs.  I still don't understand why they didn't want this young man to take pictures.

Baruch

Quote from: Jack89 on November 11, 2015, 10:05:23 AM
Censorship seems to be the new thing on campuses these days, and nearly always from SJWs.  I still don't understand why they didn't want this young man to take pictures.

They understand that the Media are just shills for the Elite.  I wouldn't talk to a reporter, if my life depended on it either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2015, 05:46:56 PM
They understand that the Media are just shills for the Elite.  I wouldn't talk to a reporter, if my life depended on it either.
I hope you remembered to put on your tinfoil hat when you had that going through your head!

The media is just a whiny club of moronic scavengers, who go after the spotlight like buzzards go after carcasses.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 11, 2015, 11:39:03 PM
I hope you remembered to put on your tinfoil hat when you had that going through your head!

The media is just a whiny club of moronic scavengers, who go after the spotlight like buzzards go after carcasses.

Things don't go thru my head ... they erupt from the colliding branes of parallel universes and emerge directly at my finger tips.  Automatic writing saves so much time, don't you think?

Having a microphone or camera shoved up my ass ... would make me irritable ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

mauricio

That kid was hardly part of "the media" it looks like he was still a student doing indie reporting. And they had no right to treat him like that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2015, 11:52:58 PM
Things don't go thru my head ... they erupt from the colliding branes of parallel universes and emerge directly at my finger tips.  Automatic writing saves so much time, don't you think?

Having a microphone or camera shoved up my ass ... would make me irritable ;-)
They probably don't pay you to be a college administrator, and when that's who you are you have no right to be so ornery - especially with students, which that reporter probably was.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Jack89

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 12, 2015, 01:23:16 AM
They probably don't pay you to be a college administrator, and when that's who you are you have no right to be so ornery - especially with students, which that reporter probably was.
In one of the videos he said that he was a student. 

TomFoolery

You do realize not all reporters work for large media corporations? The line between journalist and citizen has grown extremely hazy in the last decade thanks to bloggers, social media and cellphone videos. About a quarter of the "journalists" we embedded with U.S. troops in Afghanistan were bloggers or private photographers. And trust me, they do print whatever the fuck they feel like, and the first amendment says they can, unless they're committing libel (or slander if it's video media) against a person or corporation, which is extremely difficult to prove in court. Add to that, virtually no news stories are hard, unbiased news anymore. Most of what you see going viral on social media OpEd shit from HuffPo and NYTimesBlogs, and in an editorial it's easy to speculate or accuse and this newer generation doesn't understand that isn't what news was designed to be. All they know is clickbait and "You'll never guess what happened next!" photo essays from BuzzFeed.

The thing is, even if you think Media (with a capital M? WTF is that about?) is just a shill for the elite, at least it's a somewhat self-policing community. You have to have a least modicum of journalistic integrity, or you get informally censured by losing your job, commission, or reputation. And it worked well for decades. But mainstream media is going extinct because why should they pay someone a living salary to take photos when billions of photos are uploaded all over the world on social media for free? Why waste time and money sending someone to wherever to get some interviews and write a story when there are already hundreds of personal accounts popping up all over the Internet? When an airplane landed on the Hudson in 2009, it appeared on Twitter within 15 seconds. No traditional media is going to beat that kind of reporting time (seconds) or that kind of salary (free). You can whine about shill Media all you want: I miss Media that was a little bit slower but a little more accurate and a little less obvious about bias.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

News in particular, has been politically biased from the beginning.  The writings called Federalist Papers are classics, and there were lots of ad hominems in the printed press that would make us blush today.  So called Centrist reporting was only true only for a few people in the golden years after WW II.  Edward R Murrow and Walter Cronkite for example.  Even then, the rest of the news was ... political.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.