News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Prepare For Martyrdom Christians!!

Started by FieryLocks, March 20, 2015, 09:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieryLocks

Christian nutjob tells fellow nutjobs to prepare for martyrdom if the Supreme Court sanctions gay marriage...
Quote“In Massachusetts, where homosexual marriage has been legal for 10 years, the stories would make the hair stand up on the back of your neck,” she said, although she did not share any of those hair-raising examples.

She warned that Christians would be faced with a choice as soon as next month if the Supreme Court struck down laws banning same-sex marriage.

“If they do, every single person in this room is going to be forced to make a choice, and I’m just telling you: Even if you don’t want to engage in this battle, you will and your people will, and you’d better stand,” Rios warned.

She told the Christian activists to “stop playing it safe,” telling them the Bible encouraged bold action. 
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/religious-broadcaster-warns-christians-to-prepare-for-martyrdom-if-supreme-court-legalizes-gay-marriage/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhS-YQzcy5I
:eek:
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

Munch

I love seeing the insanity seep from their mouth as they get poked with a stick.

Christians are disgusting, end of.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Draconic Aiur

What if she once was a radical lesbian that smoked pot and then was raped and brainwashed by christian reverends to think like this.
That is the only way i can this person or any person talking about this bullshit.

stromboli

Posted this earlier. Get the mods to combine the two, yours is fine for the OP.

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=7349.0

Solitary

The Christians are really ramping up the homophobic rhetoric lately. What are they really afraid of? Idiots!  :wall: :kidra: :madu: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Solitary on March 20, 2015, 11:39:48 PM
The Christians are really ramping up the homophobic rhetoric lately. What are they really afraid of? Idiots!  :wall: :kidra: :madu: Solitary

I don't live in the US, but I read that religiosity is declining among the younger folks in the country as time goes on.  Would these various increases in rhetoric, enacting of stupid state laws etc. be a last ditch attempt to 'crank up the Jeebus' and try to protect and preserve an outdated and diminishing worldview?

SGOS

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on March 21, 2015, 07:50:43 AM
I don't live in the US, but I read that religiosity is declining among the younger folks in the country as time goes on.  Would these various increases in rhetoric, enacting of stupid state laws etc. be a last ditch attempt to 'crank up the Jeebus' and try to protect and preserve an outdated and diminishing worldview?

I've had that thought too.  Any social dynamic like this is probably driven by a complex set of reasons.  I think what we are seeing is a last ditch effort.  But they have never had to mobilize before, so we haven't see this kind of panic driven reaction until recently.  Before, they could just sit back and enjoy being part of a quiet status quo where they were never challenged or forced to think.  So they are unprepared.  Perhaps there was no way for them to prepare.

But then, out of the blue (at least out of the blue in comparison to normal political speeds), "BLAM!"  Their world of security is seriously threatened.  Since they were unprepared, their arguments take on an air of empty hand wringing one would experience in an impending apocalypse.  They are throwing out the silliest of crazy arguments.  In their previous safe environment they never had to take a look at their arguments, so they never had to reason through how bizarre their fears actually were.  They never had to express them on television, or had to actually listen to them themselves.

When you are defending a deeply held belief, you avoid trying to appear like a half crazed insane person, but in a last ditch effort, you must throw caution to the wind and risk the embarrassment of having the world see you at less than your best.  They are now at that point were there seems to be only two alternatives.  The world will rise up and join their ranks, or they will be laughed at.  What we are seeing right now are the big guns being brought out, but the big guns don't seem like they are going to be effective.

But the war is not lost yet.  We have a heavily weighted conservative Supreme Court which is not totally unsympathetic to these people.  The actual outcome still hangs by a thread.

SGOS

Take a look at the Utube video in the first post.  Don't click on the play button.  Just look at the picture.  Don't tell me that woman isn't fondling the microphone like a penis.  I've seen female rock stars use that move on stage.  Who is she kidding?  We all know what she is up to.  She is trying to seduce us heterosexual men into being on her side.  Her body language gently warns us, "See?  See what you will be missing when gay marriage takes over our society?"

Aletheia

Nothing quite like watching a Christian woman using her right to freedom of speech, which is contrary to Christian dogma, to try to impose a Christian worldview. Straight off the bat the woman is already painting a false picture.

I also like how Christians act as though homosexuals are popping up out of nowhere. Throughout the eons the same percentage of the population has been homosexual. They didn't suddenly appear; they've always been there. This longing for the "good ol' days" romanticizes the extreme oppression of countless people for countless generations simply to satisfy the comfort of a few.

When I see a woman like this, talking such gibberish, it makes the plight of women's rights feel hollow.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Hydra009

Quote“In Massachusetts, where homosexual marriage has been legal for 10 years, the stories would make the hair stand up on the back of your neck,” she said, although she did not share any of those hair-raising examples.
LOL.  No examples.  What a surprise.

Hydra009

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on March 21, 2015, 07:50:43 AMI don't live in the US, but I read that religiosity is declining among the younger folks in the country as time goes on.  Would these various increases in rhetoric, enacting of stupid state laws etc. be a last ditch attempt to 'crank up the Jeebus' and try to protect and preserve an outdated and diminishing worldview?
Pretty much.  It's actually somewhat effective in radicalizing conservative Christians but it's much less effective on more moderate/liberal Christians and of course non-religious folk.  And it puts more and more distance between the conservative Christians and everyone else.

I don't think they realize that doubling-down on gay marriage, even as more and more people come out in favor of it, is effectively dooming them to fringe status and shriveling their already waning influence.  I hope they keep it up as long as they can.  :)

Solitary

Quote from: SGOS on March 21, 2015, 09:13:40 AM
Take a look at the Utube video in the first post.  Don't click on the play button.  Just look at the picture.  Don't tell me that woman isn't fondling the microphone like a penis.  I've seen female rock stars use that move on stage.  Who is she kidding?  We all know what she is up to.  She is trying to seduce us heterosexual men into being on her side.  Her body language gently warns us, "See?  See what you will be missing when gay marriage takes over our society?"
I noticed that too. She's a Rock Star! He! He! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Valigarmander

Christians keep telling us all of these wonderful things are going to happen and they never do.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: SGOS on March 21, 2015, 09:02:20 AM
I've had that thought too.  Any social dynamic like this is probably driven by a complex set of reasons.  I think what we are seeing is a last ditch effort.  But they have never had to mobilize before, so we haven't see this kind of panic driven reaction until recently.  Before, they could just sit back and enjoy being part of a quiet status quo where they were never challenged or forced to think.  So they are unprepared.  Perhaps there was no way for them to prepare.

But then, out of the blue (at least out of the blue in comparison to normal political speeds), "BLAM!"  Their world of security is seriously threatened.  Since they were unprepared, their arguments take on an air of empty hand wringing one would experience in an impending apocalypse.  They are throwing out the silliest of crazy arguments.  In their previous safe environment they never had to take a look at their arguments, so they never had to reason through how bizarre their fears actually were.  They never had to express them on television, or had to actually listen to them themselves.

When you are defending a deeply held belief, you avoid trying to appear like a half crazed insane person, but in a last ditch effort, you must throw caution to the wind and risk the embarrassment of having the world see you at less than your best.  They are now at that point were there seems to be only two alternatives.  The world will rise up and join their ranks, or they will be laughed at.  What we are seeing right now are the big guns being brought out, but the big guns don't seem like they are going to be effective.

But the war is not lost yet.  We have a heavily weighted conservative Supreme Court which is not totally unsympathetic to these people.  The actual outcome still hangs by a thread.

Hmm... sounds about right.