Trump Staff Assaults Breitbart Reporter

Started by Shiranu, March 15, 2016, 01:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Atheist

Quote from: widdershins on March 15, 2016, 04:45:35 PM
Start with an attack on anyone not for Trump.  Expected.  And yes, I'm a little smug and arrogant.  I'm talking to a Trump supporter.  I'm sorry, but that does tend to make one feel superior.  It would be the way you would talk to me if you found I was a supporter of the Japanese internment camps of the 1940s.  You would by default, and rightly so, feel that you were in a vastly superior position and, thus, vastly more reasoned/intelligent.  I'm sorry, but I automatically associate "Trump supporter" with "moron".  It's automatic in my head.  If you don't like it, start having an intelligent, honest conversation and make me see a Trump supporter differently.
Attack liberals for crying about this, but not that.  Another attack rather than defense.  This really is fascinating.Attack liberals.  Typical of most conservatives these days, but nothing "special" like some of your other arguments (well, not really "arguments".  You are making no "arguments", just attacking anything and everything "Not Trump").  Finally there was an argument there, though one which has been soundly refuted.  Getting rid of all the Mexicans would be devastating to our economy, not a boon to it.  At least, that's what economists are saying.  I can either take their word for it or get a degree as an (bleh) economist.  I think I'll take their word for it.
No attack in that paragraph.  I'm almost disappointed.  You had such a pattern going there.  Well, sort of with "the harm that's going on in Europe", but I don't think that really counts as "an attack".

While you didn't really answer my question, from what you said it appears obvious you see Trump as xenophobic (your own view) rather than racist.  I think one can fairly make the claim of xenophobia over racism.  I certainly can't prove racism over xenophobia.  A fair case can be made for either.  So far as I can see, though, no case can be made for neither.

Are you kidding me? It's nonstop personal attacks in your post against me.

When I attack other politicians, I'm only trying to point out your hypocrisy for calling the kettle black.
"I will take China's Great Wall because they owe us so much money, and I will place it on the Mexican border."

-Ronald Rump

The Atheist

Quote from: widdershins on March 15, 2016, 06:15:09 PM

Do you even read this shit?  You gave me the link and everything.  It is way, way too easy to shoot down your "facts" as the bullshit they are.

Did you read it?

The article I linked to first discredits the poll you've mentioned. This was the POINT of the article.

The first paragraph in the article links to the poll which the liberals used to attacks Republicans, then the REST of the article (i.e., everything after the introductory paragraph) shows that the liberals withheld data and how, when you consider *all* the data, the Democrats are more racist.

You're incredibly dishonest.

FROM THE ARTICLE I LINKED TO:

QuoteOriginally, Vavreck, the Times and YouGov only reported on the racially insensitive views of Republicans, failing to publish or even analyze the responses of potential Democratic voters. Vavreck only performed the Democratic analysis and released it to me on Friday after YouGov refused to release the data on Thursday and I contacted YouGov's European executives, its in-house polling expert and Vavreck herself.
"I will take China's Great Wall because they owe us so much money, and I will place it on the Mexican border."

-Ronald Rump

The Atheist

I'll just copy/paste the entire article.

Bernie Sanders supporters are 50% more likely than Hillary Clinton supporters to disapprove of Abraham Lincoln’s war-time decision to free the slaves according to a YouGov/Economist poll cited by The New York Times' TheUpshot blog and analyzed by a UCLA political science professor Lynn Vavreck. That may be one reason Clinton is expected to trounce Sanders in the South Carolina Democratic primary on Saturday or it might not have anything to do with it.

According to the poll, backers of Clinton and Sanders, white Democrats, are more likely to disapprove of the Civil-War executive order than supporters of Hispanic Republican Marco Rubio. One in 10 Sanders supporters disapproves of Lincoln’s executive order. Rubio supporters are less likely to disapprove of or have doubts about the landmark civil rights decision than African-Americans themselves.

The same poll finds that Clinton supporters are about 40% more likely than Sanders backers to be fans of Democratic President Franklin Roosevelt’s decision to round up Japanese-Americans and throw them into “internment camps.” Supporters of the two Democrats are both more likely to support the racist policy than Rubio's backers by a margin of 2 to 1. The poll of 2,000 Americans found that 39% of Clinton backers either support the action, for which the U.S. Congress and President Ronald Reagan apologized in 1988, or are unsure of their position. The United States paid reparations to the interred Japanese-Americans.

The YouGov poll results began to gain national attention on Tuesday when Vavreck reported in the Times that more than 1 in 5 Trump supporters disapproved of Lincoln’s emancipation proclamation. YouGov had provided the raw data so Vavreck could perform her analysis. The Times cited the poll's results as evidence of racist undercurrents and intolerance on the part of Trump and his supporters in the Republican presidential primary, backing them with exit poll results and data from another pollster the Times described as "aligned with the Democratic Party."

Originally, Vavreck, the Times and YouGov only reported on the racially insensitive views of Republicans, failing to publish or even analyze the responses of potential Democratic voters. Vavreck only performed the Democratic analysis and released it to me on Friday after YouGov refused to release the data on Thursday and I contacted YouGov's European executives, its in-house polling expert and Vavreck herself.

While The New York Times, Time magazine, Nate Silver's 538 and Ezra Klein's Vox treated the poll as credible, the results are transparently ludicrous. The poll found that almost one-third of African-Americans polled on Lincoln’s executive order to end slavery in the treasonous Confederate States of America either opposed freedom for their ancestors or were not sure what they thought.

Since everybody seems to know that the Republican Party is the most comfortable home for America’s remaining racists (Hello? David Duke), it is hard to understand why non-partisan pollsters, independent academics and prestigious media organizations would have to manufacture outrage. You could forgive Trump voters for thinking that when it comes to reporting nasty things about them, nobody cares enough to double check.

-Ronald Rump

Shiranu

Quote...This has nothing to do with prohibiting religious freedom.

"It has nothing to do with your religion, but if you are practicing the religion of Islam you are not allowed to enter."

Brilliant.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

The Atheist

Quote from: Shiranu on March 15, 2016, 06:45:27 PM
"It has nothing to do with your religion, but if you are practicing the religion of Islam you are not allowed to enter."

Brilliant.

The American gubment only has authority to make laws for its own people.

I'm logging off for now. I think I've made my point and I have things to do lol.

-Ronald Rump

Hydra009

Quote from: TomFoolery on March 15, 2016, 05:54:32 PM
And I just saw this in my Facebook feed and will leave it here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/if-trump-is-not-elected-then?z=23423423&bffbmain&utm_term=.bgb0MYq16#.xprMRvBpY
Please tell me those are photoshops or trolls or an elaborate prank.  I don't think I can stomach accepting those sorts of people as countrymen.

Baruch

Hydra009 - Get out of your Liberal cocoon some time.  These are real Americans.  Are you still in favor of democratic voting?  A lot of people have hated a lot of what happened over the last 50 years.  They may not be right, and they may not be targeting the correct cause, but their feelings and hostility are real.

Weird comment about "not being Japanese enough".  The Atheist, is an atheist ... so not a true Scotsman either.  Real Japanese only live in Japan, don't accept any other race as an immigrant, not even Koreans who have lived their for generations, and are Shinto/Buddhist combo followers.  Even though Japanese people think differently than I do, I don't have a problem with it, it is their country.  And Japanese-Americans are cool too, but like African-Americans ... they are primarily American ... with a little wasabi added in.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: The Atheist on March 15, 2016, 06:46:55 PM
The American gubment only has authority to make laws for its own people.

I'm logging off for now. I think I've made my point and I have things to do lol.

Your point is utterly irrelevant to anything at hand. You are saying that the rules of law should only apply to those within our borders, and those without we can do with as we please. You would turn away productive and lawful people because you are a coward, and that is all Trump's ilk are; cowards. You fear that the "illegals" are going to come and steal your jobs and crash the economy, yet it is not so. You fear that the "Muslims" will be harboring terrorists amongst them, that more than likely even the moderates are potential terrorists, and yet nearly every act of terrorism in the United States is committed by whitemen. You fear that the United States is weak and powerless when we have the strongest military in the world and exert political and cultural control over nearly every government in the world.

The United States is far from great, but in the ways you covet... America IS the greatest nation on Earth, and still you scream and shout that it's not enough, that the end is near and the decline of the empire is upon us. I, frankly, await with bated breath for it to crumble into something resembling a 21st century state instead of a declining 1900's empire, but if you want to compare our state to anyone else's... why do you insist on living in hatred and fear? We have a long way to fall before we reach, by what Trump considers great, the levels of any other nation besides perhaps China.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

TomFoolery

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 15, 2016, 07:02:27 PM
Please tell me those are photoshops or trolls or an elaborate prank.  I don't think I can stomach accepting those sorts of people as countrymen.

One would hope... yes, one would hope, though my husband grew up near Youngstown, OH and I showed this to him and he said, "Seems about right."
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

The Atheist

Quote from: Shiranu on March 15, 2016, 04:58:22 PM
If you are going to take pride in your Japanese heritage, at least have the slightest clue about what the Japanese are actually doing.

http://www.snopes.com/muslims-in-japan/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/17/viral-image/viral-graphic-says-japan-keeps-out-radical-islam-t/

Lying about the actions of your people because you are too ignorant or dishonest to fit your own political agenda shows how much you really care about the Japanese. You are only Japanese when it is politically expedient to play that card, but you don't give a shit about them when they don't play along with your agenda and stereotype, now do you?

1. Who said anything about "taking pride in Japanese heritage"? Huh? Kinda racist for you to make such an assumption about me, but whatever. I'll let it pass. (Just don't ask me if I prefer chopsticks over a fork. I've never used chopsticks in my life lol.)

2. "My people"? Check your white privilege, please. Second, I'm an American of Japanese descent, born and raised here. I don't speak for Japan anymore than you speak for Europe.

3. I don't "care about my people"? Um, "my people" are my fellow Americans. Again, check your white privilege; are "your people" the people of Europe?

4. Why should I "give a sh*t" about a foreign country? Oh, it's because I have slanty eyes? Gotcha.

5. If you had READ what I wrote, you'll see that I was talking about REFUGEES. Not Muslims.

Of course there are Muslims in Japan. I said that the Japanese government refuses to allow REFUGEES in.

6. Hey, racist: My mentioning of Japan had NOTHING to do with the fact that I'm a Japanese American. I mentioned Japan because they're barring REFUGEES from entering.

*sighs*

-Ronald Rump

The Atheist

Quote from: Shiranu on March 15, 2016, 07:24:40 PM
Your point is utterly irrelevant to anything at hand. You are saying that the rules of law should only apply to those within our borders, and those without we can do with as we please. You would turn away productive and lawful people because you are a coward, and that is all Trump's ilk are; cowards. You fear that the "illegals" are going to come and steal your jobs and crash the economy, yet it is not so. You fear that the "Muslims" will be harboring terrorists amongst them, that more than likely even the moderates are potential terrorists, and yet nearly every act of terrorism in the United States is committed by whitemen. You fear that the United States is weak and powerless when we have the strongest military in the world and exert political and cultural control over nearly every government in the world.

The United States is far from great, but in the ways you covet... America IS the greatest nation on Earth, and still you scream and shout that it's not enough, that the end is near and the decline of the empire is upon us. I, frankly, await with bated breath for it to crumble into something resembling a 21st century state instead of a declining 1900's empire, but if you want to compare our state to anyone else's... why do you insist on living in hatred and fear? We have a long way to fall before we reach, by what Trump considers great, the levels of any other nation besides perhaps China.

I define American Exceptionalism as the principles upon which we stand and the ideals towards which we strive. We're not the only exceptional nation, but we are exceptional.

Exceptionalism Has nothing to do with wealth or power or prestige. We were considered exceptional from day one, when we were a young nation in debt and with no power or prestige to speak of.

-Ronald Rump

Shiranu

Quote1. Who said anything about "taking pride in Japanese heritage"? Huh? Kinda racist for you to make such an assumption about me, but whatever. I'll let it pass. (Just don't ask me if I prefer chopsticks over a fork. I've never used chopsticks in my life lol.)

Considering your the one who has brought up your heritage because it is expedient to prove that "trump couldn't possibly be racist because I am a minority!", and says that we should compare ourselves to the actions of Japan and no other country so far, one has to make such an assumption.

QuoteCheck your white privilege, please.

I'm not full-blooded white, have a "foreigner" name and was shunned by "white culture" where I grew up... Kinda racist for you to make such an assumption about me, but whatever. I'll let it pass.

Skipping ahead past several racist remarks thrown at me...

QuoteI said that the Japanese government refuses to allow REFUGEES in.

And what refugees are the trouble makers? Which refugees is it that Trump want's to ban?

Does Trump want to ban all refugees? Or is it just a certain group that he is concerned about?

I am actually more concerned about the fact that now you are saying Trump isn't going far enough. When we look at healthy societies, the Japanese are generally not the one we put on the pedestal given their rates of depression and suicide, the fact that 1/3rd of single women live in poverty and rising rates of child abuse... and you want to point to them and say, "We should be more like them socially!"?

Shiranu

QuoteExceptionalism Has nothing to do with wealth or power or prestige. We were considered exceptional from day one, when we were a young nation in debt and with no power or prestige to speak of.

How utterly meaningless. You cannot declare yourself exceptional without having done exceptional things, no more than I can declare myself divine without divinity.

The word you are looking for is "arrogance", something you and Mr. Trump have in abundance.

Edit: To answer one o your questions though...

Quote...are "your people" the people of Europe?

My people are of Ireland, Germany, Scandinavia, and the Mediterranean, with my dad the first three and my mom a mutt of the last. When I was adopted I took my mom's family last name which would likely give Mr. Trump a panic attack and fear that I was going to blow him up or be a member of ISIS.

TomFoolery

Quote from: Shiranu on March 15, 2016, 08:08:15 PM
How utterly meaningless. You cannot declare yourself exceptional without having done exceptional things, no more than I can declare myself divine without divinity.

It's better than what I was going to say, which is, if you have to tell people you're exceptional, you're probably not.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Hydra009

Quote from: The Atheist on March 15, 2016, 07:55:01 PMI define American Exceptionalism as the principles upon which we stand and the ideals towards which we strive.
And what principles do we have that other nations do not have?  Because spoiler alert, that whole secular republic with individual rights thing really took off. 

QuoteWe're not the only exceptional nation, but we are exceptional.