News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

why are you an atheist?

Started by randomvim, September 11, 2016, 03:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 12, 2017, 10:59:29 AM
So far nobody in the history of humankind has produced any proof whatsoever.
en contraire: There has been a lot of proof produced. No production, no storyline and then no cash flow. Bennie Hinn is producing evidence of god every week with his fake healing. TBN got a massive production of proof goin on. To the tune of a few nice house and airplanes later
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

etienne

Quote from: fencerider on March 14, 2017, 01:06:02 AM
en contraire: There has been a lot of proof produced. No production, no storyline and then no cash flow. Bennie Hinn is producing evidence of god every week with his fake healing. TBN got a massive production of proof goin on. To the tune of a few nice house and airplanes later
And don't forget Sai Baba's infamous powder poof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQtxYjMZTnU

Kid's love that shit.
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...

Baruch

Quote from: etienne on March 14, 2017, 01:22:21 AM
And don't forget Sai Baba's infamous powder poof:

Kid's love that shit.

Psychosomatic ... and stage magic too.  But it is cultural specific.  Americans are impressed by science bull shit mostly.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

etienne

Quote from: Baruch on March 14, 2017, 01:33:57 AM
Psychosomatic ... and stage magic too.  But it is cultural specific.  Americans are impressed by science bull shit mostly.
Muricans are impressed by hot dog eatin' contests, k?  There's no bar set low enough for 'em.
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...

Cavebear

Well technically none of us can be sure of unproved claims.  So agnostic, meaning "I don't know anything about the subject" really doesn't mean much.  You can't prove there isn't a deity any more than you can't prove there aren't 200" glowing unicorns walking around.  They might just not be where you are looking.  There might by Flying Spaghetti Monsters too.

So I pretty much ignore agnostics...

Even as an atheist, I can't say there isn't some deity.  Maybe one created the universe and left it to go on to other projects.  Unprovable.

What I CAN say is that there is no evidence of any deity and I will act on that until I see some proof.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

The Skeletal Atheist

The atheists had a better uniform.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Cavebear

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 14, 2017, 01:53:14 AM
The atheists had a better uniform.

Where do I get the uniform?  I just have a hat.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2017, 01:57:57 AM
Where do I get the uniform?  I just have a hat.
You have to make a sacrifice to Satan (the true god of all atheists) and tell him your measurements. Did you even get the manual?

Cavebear

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 14, 2017, 02:01:04 AM
You have to make a sacrifice to Satan (the true god of all atheists) and tell him your measurements. Did you even get the manual?

I get so tired of fools equating atheist to satanism.  Satanism is just another damnfool theism.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: etienne on March 13, 2017, 01:22:37 PM
Please elaborate.
It's a fancy way of saying, "I WILL NOT BE LABELED!"
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2017, 02:06:46 AM
I get so tired of fools equating atheist to satanism.  Satanism is just another damnfool theism.
1: the people who equate the two are essentially hopeless. They made up their mind, laugh at them.
2: you gotta see the fun in the absurdity of it.

etienne

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2017, 01:51:56 AM
Well technically none of us can be sure of unproved claims.  So agnostic, meaning "I don't know anything about the subject" really doesn't mean much.  You can't prove there isn't a deity any more than you can't prove there aren't 200" glowing unicorns walking around.  They might just not be where you are looking.  There might by Flying Spaghetti Monsters too.

So I pretty much ignore agnostics...

Even as an atheist, I can't say there isn't some deity.  Maybe one created the universe and left it to go on to other projects.  Unprovable.

What I CAN say is that there is no evidence of any deity and I will act on that until I see some proof.
Unfalsifiable claims are bull pucky.  Scientists ignore that shit--non-scientists should too.  And I or anyone can present mountains of random circumstantial evidence enough to convict the alleged God's existence.  Pediatric cancer wards, DUI murders of innocents, wars, tsunamis, etc etc.  But really, God cannot exist if evolution exists(which it does):  you can't get there from here.  The deist God also cannot exist, it's illogical as to omniscience, omnipresence and all that alleged crapola.

It's humankind and the rest of the natural world and universe--that's it, that's more than enough to deal with.  Space?  There's nothin out there but fire and brimstone and darkness, forever.

Seriously, it's a YOOGE relief to realize this, and your logical brain works much better as a result of not being clogged up with all that illogical, fantastical, religious garbledeegook.

etienne

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 14, 2017, 02:12:33 AM
It's a fancy way of saying, "I WILL NOT BE LABELED!"
Oh, ok.  Well, I find it fun and emboldening and fascinating to proclaim loud and clear to believers that I am an atheist and stand back and see WTF happens.  LOL, the fireworks are amazing!  You just can't believe what people come up with. If they are Jesus, you get the Jesus shpeel, Muslim you get the Mo' shpeel, and oh, I've gotten some incredibly ridiculous Hindu shpeels re winning lottery tickets and Ganeshi(Elephant God who has pet rats) and such.

Also, it's good to "be something" too(sniffle)...

Cavebear

Quote from: etienne on March 14, 2017, 02:25:45 AM
Unfalsifiable claims are bull pucky.  Scientists ignore that shit--non-scientists should too.  And I or anyone can present mountains of random circumstantial evidence enough to convict the alleged God's existence.  Pediatric cancer wards, DUI murders of innocents, wars, tsunamis, etc etc.  But really, God cannot exist if evolution exists(which it does):  you can't get there from here.  The deist God also cannot exist, it's illogical as to omniscience, omnipresence and all that alleged crapola.

It's humankind and the rest of the natural world and universe--that's it, that's more than enough to deal with.  Space?  There's nothin out there but fire and brimstone and darkness, forever.

Seriously, it's a YOOGE relief to realize this, and your logical brain works much better as a result of not being clogged up with all that illogical, fantastical, religious garbledeegook.

Actually, the argument that a deity makes bad things happen is not a really good arguement.  A deity could do anything it wants for any reason.  Kind of like me stepping on worms on the driveway after it rains deliberately or not even noticing they are there.

My argument against one is mostly by lack of evidence for existence or need for one.

etienne

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2017, 04:27:50 AM
Actually, the argument that a deity makes bad things happen is not a really good arguement.  A deity could do anything it wants for any reason.  Kind of like me stepping on worms on the driveway after it rains deliberately or not even noticing they are there.

My argument against one is mostly by lack of evidence for existence or need for one.
You dont read so well, bud.  The bad things happen because there is no God.